News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The DOH movie was great

Started by hotrod98, August 01, 2005, 09:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

ill see it and then ill say if i like it or not
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

I can't wait to see it, it'll be the first time I will have seen a 20 foot tall Charger! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

DarkAngel0816

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 02, 2005, 09:19:06 PM
driving the "beast"?

That is the name of my car.  It is going in the shop in Fall for the frame and the more I Drive the beast the more that goes wrong.  lol   I love my 1970 Beast though. 
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Ghoste

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 02, 2005, 10:05:44 PM
There are two groups of Charger guys.
Those that have 69 Chargers and those that wish they did. lol

Well, if it makes you feel better to believe that.  I'll go watch the movie for the sake of seeing a "20 foot Charger", but I'll be the last one to go out hunting for a 69 because of it.

hotrod98

Hey, don't listen to me...I'm the guy turning my triple black R/T SE into a Daytona clone.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ghoste

I'd probably do a GL before I did that.  Then again, with Daytona prices where they are...

hotrod98

Too many gl's around here. It's a hemi wing car for me.

Charles Addams

CB

still waiting for the release of DOH on 9/21  :(
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

bull

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 02, 2005, 07:42:30 PM
just posting this to piss yall off even more...   :icon_smile:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dukes_of_hazzard/?show=all

Strat, I just read this quote from one of the reviewers on that site you linked. Is it me or is this guy sound a little too big for his britches:

"Even as the film tediously tends to its arbitrary plot, Chandrasekhar displays almost oneiric reverence for the iconography of the TV show."
-- Ed Gonzalez, SLANT MAGAZINE

I'm guessing he's probably worn out two or three thesauruses in the past couple years trying to dazzle his readers with words even he doesn't understand.

Ghoste

Wordy fruit likely drives a Geo or a Saturn.

hotrod98

I wonder why so many people seem to miss the point of DOH. It was never intended to be Shakespeare or Tolstoy. It was meant to be funny and campy. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fun. I noticed that the Dukes of Hazzard themed car show here a couple of weeks ago at the local Dodge dealership brought a few people out of the woods, but God bless them...they're Americans just like you and a I. They may never own a 69 Charger, but they enjoy the show and the movie just the same. There's nothing wrong with that.
If someone doesn't like the DOH, then don't watch it. I would love to know how many of the people on here that knock the whole DOH thing will sneak out and see the movie.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

Dale The Bold

I don't see how anyone can be a Charger (or Mopar) nut without taking interest in the Dukes of Hazzard.  The series and the movie are both demonstrations of the power of Mopar.  You're not going to see any of those sissy modern cars taking curves and slinging dirt like that.  And the engine sounds alone are enough to put a grin on your face.  I don't really expect much from this movie as far as plot or acting (look at the terrible casting), but the biggest star of the movie will get it right.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

BrianShaughnessy

Of the reviews I read so far... only the NY Post of all papers actually got the point.   Every other newspaper's subtitle chick flick  lovin douchebag was all wrapped up in thinking they were too good to laugh at it.   Geez...
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

I heard a radio critic really slamming it today.  He said the movie was just a bunch of guys driving real fast and yelling yeehaw, occasionally interrupted by a girl in short shorts or a bikini so they could catch their breath and then go drive real fast again and yell yeehaw.
Sounds like an ideal way to spend a day to me.

hotrod98

Yeah...like...what's wrong with that? 

Charles Addams

SeattleCharger

Just saw the movie, it was great, really liked it.   Some suspense, not too predictable, ups and downs, cool music, funny, lots of driving scenes.

Someone mentioned to watch the out-takes at the end, thanks, I was going to leave after the movie, then remembered that, saw some great clips of some car scenes that weren't used in the film.   

I probably would have liked this movie no matter what as long as there was a real Charger in it, but I figure the movie would still be alright for people who weren't Dukes or Charger fans.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Khyron

agreed, I went expecting to just enjoy seeing the General fly across the screen a few times, and found myself really enjoying the movie!

i'm tired and going to bed now. will report more tommorow :yeehaw:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Wakko

Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2005, 08:25:52 PM
I heard a radio critic really slamming it today.   He said the movie was just a bunch of guys driving real fast and yelling yeehaw, occasionally interrupted by a girl in short shorts or a bikini so they could catch their breath and then go drive real fast again and yell yeehaw.
Sounds like an ideal way to spend a day to me.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!   Great flick, go see it.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

67_Dodge_Charger

Did you notice during the movie you could hear yourself laugh. :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Thought personally that the movie was pretty good. Other than the use of foul language everytime I turned around. Then again it seems every movie in Hollywood these days uses curse words like there is nothing wrong with them.

Not a good movie for small children who repeat everything they hear.

Daytona R/T SE

I just got home from watching the movie. Let's just say it was WAY better than what I'd anticipated. Some really cool stunts and jumps. I hadn't been to the movie theater in town for several years, I was surprised to see the ticket prices have sky rocketed to 4 bucks a ticket :o   but it was worth it :yesnod:

Almost makes me want to dig this old project out of the corner and get 'er going  :drive:

DarkAngel0816

I have seen it twice this weekend.  Friday with my Mom who gave the okay for me to take my 8 year old brother to it earlier today (Saturday).

First I grew up as a huge DOH fan back in the day and it played a huge part on me buying a Charger.  As a little girl I used to bring tons of GL matchbox cars in my little prissy purse to church for I loved the car.  As I once told someone...back then I wanted to be Laura Ingalls, but date Bo Duke...and drive a GL.

When I decided after going to many classic shows that I wanted to get a classic and restore it as much as possible myself it was a given that due to my past love of GL As a kid....I wanted a Charger.  I knew it was a 69 they generally used, but 68 and 70's are pretty close.  I loved the body style.

So I have my 70 now.

As for the moive...it was not as bad as I thought it would be.  Yeah it was not like the original, but the stunts were hot...and the blowing up crap was fun.  lol  The patrons in the theater laughed at the right parts and it was a good time.  My kid brother missed some of the sexual references and etc...went over his head...but he loved it.  :)
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

BrianShaughnessy

I liked the movie a lot.   I'll leave it at that for the moment  :yesnod:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

70charginglizard

I thought it was ok. The real star of the movie was definately the General. I was quite amused at all the new stunts they put it through.
The rest of the movie was ok. Nothing will beat the original series as far as the dukes go.
Thats my review.
Later
70charginglizard
70charginglizard

FastbackJon

Too bad they couldn't have fit Miss Emma Tisdale in there somewhere. She was funny riding that dirtbike everywhere. I'm suprised Chicksaw county didn't make it in there either with that black cop in the green uniform.

And who was Pauline? Was she ever in the original show?

Oh yeah, I just watched an original TV show from CMT and guess what it was about?? Boss hogg taking the Duke's land and other's land so he could sell it to some rich guy to start a strip mining operation. Even mentioned the core samples!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV