News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dartona & pics of wing cars not factory base PLEASE POST PICS

Started by djcarguy, February 10, 2011, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should  some,???one, anyone make wings and nose kits for darts???

tottally
0 (0%)
yea
0 (0%)
maybe
0 (0%)
fur sure-dude
0 (0%)
darters only
0 (0%)
 none of  ABOVE,HAHAHA
2 (25%)
 charger 4 DOORS,
0 (0%)
none of above
4 (50%)
hell why not
1 (12.5%)
hello an hell  yes
0 (0%)
poll has been hacked,lol
0 (0%)
my poll my changes,ha ha
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

djcarguy

:scratchchin: any info as to aussie dart superbird?   saw daytona wing on top a ramcharger near eugene OR,  it was bare metal and polished,like 25 years ago?  was rumored to be from black daytona that was totalled in veneta OR, way back in the day? saw wing on a dodge pickup? the guy had a green daytona at his transmission shop in eugene with nose off and fender damage.not for sale 20 yrs ago ,and now moved ta unknown location?
       tread ---RE: WING CARS DOWNUNDER-----HAS A 69 DART BIRD :2thumbs:

DART BIRD TURNS OUT TO BE VALIENT-------SUPERBIRD CUSTOM DOWN UNDER-----CORRECT INFO FROM A CAR OWNER DOWN THERE,THANKS FOR INFO AND PICTURE.  pics have date of 1972,any info? :icon_smile_question: : ;D

Tim L

JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

djcarguy

please post pics of any cars  you have seen with tall wings and or nose mods that are non factory made.
 darts,duster,about any but please no gas passing rice cans,lol.
      i have a 75 dart swinger now topless,cause of tons of rust under vinyl top .hope to make it into a dartona topless.iam decking over rear seat and using ideas from the super charger and daytonas and aussie dartbird..
     pics of dart bird and others will be helpful.
        had a deal for a real superbird in 82 and 1st xx wife killed the dream,will never be able to buy a real one or clone so i have to put together a low budget toy . 1st time i saw wing cars was 1969 or 70 and i was 10.litha dodge in medford oregon had a group of 4 wing wonders in the back of car lot .me and 3 brothers ran to the chain link fence and staired at them,went  home and made a charger model into a wing car with pop cycle sticks and a lot of wood putty.. yes i was young and it was a little off on the wing and the nose was too heavy with all that putty,i was a kid ..   still a guy can try ta make a wing car dream come true at 51,thanks

hotrod98

No ones going to invest the time and money. Theres no money to be made making parts for one off cars. You can have the stuff custom built if its that important to you. You give Don Currie the specs and he can build you whatever you want. Just be ready to start shelling out the dough. He builds some pretty nice specialty parts.
I know Mike at Dayclona doesn't have the time to do that kind of stuff. That guy stays busy 16 hours a day and he's in such high demand, he'll never be caught up.  :Twocents:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Richard Cranium

Man, thatsa' tuffreed :o .Pleez speek Engrish .

:yesnod:
I am Dr. Remulac

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

DAR TONa :shruggy: :Twocents: saw daytona in convertable state and danes show be the DAYtona clones..  really enjoying this site and was hoping ta see pics of a dart ,winger..  still have alittle hope and dream left,saw the dart bird few years back on moparts site..  well gotta try to keep my dream alive. thanks all, dj DARTONA dreamer..

djcarguy

well here i sit all broken hearted came to see great pics and got all bummed and depressed. well my dart topless is on my patio, so all i do is open curtins to glass door  and can see 2 of my cars while iam on here typeing.other car well it is lemon twist , hard top with 4speed,  dart  superbee,wannabee.   later

djcarguy

:shruggy: :brickwall:
               TRIED TO LOAD SOME PICS AND ME OR COMPUTOR NEEDS THROWN OUT IN THE RAIN.   :RantExplode:

WELL anyway tryed to load pics of aussie  dartbird labeled as==DARTBIRD_ORANGE_O1.JPG    AND
        DARTBIRD_ORANGE_O2.JPG

AND      oz_superbird.jpg             and    oz_superbird_2.jpg

THANK  YOU.   NOT YELLING ,JUST LOOSING MY MIND ,I SAVED THEM AND TRIED TO POST AND WELL ALL I GOT WAS RENAME FILES. I BE CANFUSSED AND BURNED OUT.. THANKS AND GOOD DAY,, I SAY GOODDAY           THESE PICS ARE FROM THE THREAD      Re:wing cars downunder           thanks have a goodday

Brock Samson

hemigeno

Posted from the other thread, as requested - for better or worse... :eek2:

djcarguy

Thanks to  hemigeno for posting these for me,thanks... then i read your text,for better or worse :eek2:,and i still say thanks as i was going nuts trying to post them.
              this is my first tread ever,and probably my last on here for a long time. i have had some chargers a 67,69,70,72 and sad to say a 75 that i only  got in a trade and stripped all good parts and sold it. have had and still have 8 mopars 2 67 belvderes,a ragtop a 2door post and 2 dart swingers and a pu,2 vans and a motor home.had mopars for 35 years. lots of parts and 44oes and stuff.

well thanks again ,sorry if i offended any wing car owner with my idea of a wing toy i might build.see ya

wingcar

Don't let the dream die...........build what YOU want.....and enjoy.  Life's to short to worry about what others think.  I remember driving my original 4-speed Hemi Superbird back in the day....and I got more negative reaction than postive more often than not...guess what, it never stopped me from driving and enjoying my bird......And, those same people who laughed at my bird back in the day are paying big $$$ dollars to buy and drive one today......so who got the last laugh......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hemigeno

Quote from: djcarguy on February 17, 2011, 03:46:00 PM
             well thanks again ,sorry if i offended any wing car owner with my idea of a wing toy i might build.see ya

My comment wasn't intended to show you offend me, but an A-body wing car just isn't my thing.  If it's what you want, build it.

:cheers:

djcarguy

my dart was being sold as a parts car,due to rust under vinyl top. i drove it home with 4spd and 2 sets of mags for $350.me and 2 sons looked at it and removed the top . we will reinforce and put in a small roll bar and deck over rear seat. to make a 2 seater ,topless,for parades and joy rides.its a slant 6 4spd for a good gas mile toy.
       would it be more :rotz: :yesnod:
exceptted or offend even more people ,if i paint it orange with 01 on doors????   hahaha. 01 for ooh my god i hope that is the only '' 1'' in the world,lol. :rofl: :nana:

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

Ghoste

I definitely think you should paint it orange and add the 01.

djcarguy

Quote from: Richard Cranium on February 18, 2011, 07:51:30 AM
Sounds like this is what you have in mind.....

HEY LOOK THIS RICHARD CRACK CRANIUM '' POST A PIC OF HIS CAR''  THAT HE MADE WHILE ON HIS MEDS?????????

doctor4766

Here's a second rate effort.
Hopefully you'll see how NOT to do it.

Gotta love a '69

pettybird

Quote from: Ghoste on February 18, 2011, 07:56:05 AM
I definitely think you should paint it orange and add the 01.

It already has a POS boat anchor early HEMI, so it's halfway there!

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Not to rain on your parade DJ, - But, Why don't you make a Daroo I or II?... That makes a lot more sense.  :shruggy:

You could mix and match the features you like from each, a front off a mid '80s K car like a rampage, chop the back to the spoilered upswept Kamn Tail,.. some Zoomies or side pipes, a fabricated Targa bar, Now that I could see being worth the effort and lookin' pretty sharp. Put some wing car ques on there if you like, but i think that Dartona looks wrong all togeather IMO - and the orange one looks like they threw quite a bit of coin at it to do a good job.
I bet our member Magnum (who's making a Deora Clone in his garage) would be enthused to figgure out how a Darroo III would come togeather...  :yesnod:

I can see how a junk yard Rampage roof and front chopped to fit could provide the parts to make a bitchin Daroo clone.

I bet it would cost a lot less then trying to find or construct wing car parts for an A-Body too.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/tags/daroo/interesting/

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1968_dodge_daroo_i/images/13193/

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1968_dodge_daroo_ii/images/6166/

Richard Cranium

Quote from: doctor4766 on February 18, 2011, 09:25:28 AM
Here's a second rate effort.
Hopefully you'll see how NOT to do it.

Than't not a nose cone, that's a cow catcher!

I am Dr. Remulac

djcarguy

:popcrn: :drool5:
        THANKS  for pics and afew  more ideas.  Daroo I  AND DAROO II are very creative and interesting customs,but only panel not modified much are the doors. i dont have the years and custom body talent to build some thing like that.
      AS TO EARLY HEMI COMMENT ,,, OF EARLY HEMI POS boat anchor  ????WHERE WOULD IDEA AND KNOWLEDGE TO MAKE THE 426 COME FROM IF NOT FOR THE EARLY HEMI?????? AND 426 WOULD NOT BE IF NOT FOR EARLY HEMI RACE HISTORY.         THANKS FOR PICS AND IDEAS.... :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Brock Samson

I don't understand dj,..  :shruggy: I thought your wanting ta build your Dart into a Daytona?.. How were your planning to undertake that   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

djcarguy

I have a running ,driving dart swinger with the top removed because of rust under vinyl top.we are decking over back seat,to make front seat area only. have been trying different spoilers and short wings on trunk lid. saw dart bird pics and have always wanted a aero wing car. plan is to modify a daytona wing ,as to how tall and wide.that would be the simply end of car.   have heard from a guy on a custom nose he is making ,to resemble a daytona nose and fit a dart...  planning to cut winshield down like the super charger and daroo cars. want to reinforce the top of glass with some thing and make some aluminum a post deflectors.like the idea of 70 charger door scoops.
      This is not to offend any wing car owners.  but my only shot at making and having a wing toy that i can afford.   this will still have dart side lines and be smaller than a daytona. my last charger a 69 got totalled,the trany went out  260 miles from my home . i towed it to my uncles and his grandson backed a flatbed truck into it .crushed the door ,quarter and rear roof post with back and side glass all destroyed.it was a base 318,at car .sold it to aguy with one side swipped so he could fix his 440 rt car.  later  :icon_smile_angry: :'( :'(