News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, February 11, 2011, 05:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: Kiwi68 on February 12, 2011, 02:29:10 PM
Did anyone save any pictures?  ...  listing has ended.

:yesnod: yep  :2thumbs:  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

jaak

Wonder if whoever bought it is a member here? That is a steal for a real 500, Cheapest one next to that I remember seeing was an f8, 440, auto (non-numbers matching) that was a basket case on Moparts about 9-10 years ago for 10k.

Jason

TK73

DAMN!!

That thing will look ROCKIN jacked up on shackles, N50's, ratty Cragar S/S's, sidepipes and some Moon stickers!!

...and just for fun some feather roach-clips hangin from the rear view mirror!!

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on February 12, 2011, 02:52:02 PM
The car is real.  I bought it after talking him down to $7k.   I will let it go for $35,000  just kidding guys.  I dont know how in the hell Wade let that car go ????

It was apparently gone when I called. I left a message and he didn't call back. By the time I got home from work the ad was about 1 hr old. The real bummer is I was working about 15 min. away from him!  :'(
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

DC_1

Damn, I would have picked it up if I knew about it.

TK73

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 12, 2011, 07:49:05 PM
Quote from: skip68 on February 12, 2011, 02:52:02 PM
The car is real.  I bought it after talking him down to $7k.   I will let it go for $35,000  just kidding guys.  I dont know how in the hell Wade let that car go ????

It was apparently gone when I called. I left a message and he didn't call back. By the time I got home from work the ad was about 1 hr old. The real bummer is I was working about 15 min. away from him!  :'(

Car was sold 15 minutes after it was posted... welcome to the Internet age

69_500

Did anyone happen to get any information on the car at all? Would love to add it to the growing list cars. Or if I already have the info on the car that way I can list it at least as still existing and not one that was lost long ago.

TK73

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

TK73

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TK73

paironines

Maybe the guy got cold feet and kept it?  That was a more than excellent price on that car.

472 R/T SE

WB General Lee

Talked to the guy. He is cool and just said he lost his job and believe it or not he owned the car since the 80's! The car is F8 with a white interior. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

472 R/T SE

Did you tell him there was a reason it sold so quickly?

greenpigs

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 13, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

I hope he didn't say something like you could have got alot more. If the guy lost his job the last thing he needs to hear is you could have got 20K.
[/b]
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

WB General Lee

I did tell him I thought it was a good deal. He told me that he didn't want to price it at 20k and have a million calls and questions. I would have shipped it and got it running and drove it for a while. I think it would be a cool conversation piece plus not ready for another restoration. He ended up getting 15k.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: greenpigs on February 13, 2011, 03:34:49 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 13, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

I hope he didn't say something like you could have got alot more. If the guy lost his job the last thing he needs to hear is you could have got 20K.
[/b]

And see it online for twice what he sold it for if a flipper bought it?  I guess if a person wants to be pc about it go right ahead.   Fact of the matter is it sold quickly cause it was priced below market value.

If I lost my job & had to sell my hot rod I'd want to know whether it was a smokin' deal in case the sale fell through for whatever reason but it sounds like he knew it was a good price.  Only thing wrong with that is I don't have the money or room for one of these deals.

WB General Lee

I am still sad that I didn't run across that deal first. I definately don't need another car but the 500 is in my top picks. You have to also figure in that the car would need 30-50k to get it right and also your time is money, still below market.

PocketThunder

Quote from: jaak on February 12, 2011, 04:35:38 PM
Wonder if whoever bought it is a member here? That is a steal for a real 500, Cheapest one next to that I remember seeing was an f8, 440, auto (non-numbers matching) that was a basket case on Moparts about 9-10 years ago for 10k.

Jason

Cheapest one i remember seeing was a T7 turd brown and rust C500 slant-6 auto that sold on ebay in August of 2008 for $15,400. . . .  :whistling:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

There have been a few other project C500's to change hands in the last few years for under $16K. They definately aren't common in that price range but its not unheard of either.

maxwellwedge

I paid 19k for a Hemi 4-speed roller with no engine or seats....had the trans though.