News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, February 11, 2011, 05:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 14, 2011, 01:54:40 PM
Quote from: jaak on February 12, 2011, 04:35:38 PM
Wonder if whoever bought it is a member here? That is a steal for a real 500, Cheapest one next to that I remember seeing was an f8, 440, auto (non-numbers matching) that was a basket case on Moparts about 9-10 years ago for 10k.

Jason

Cheapest one i remember seeing was a T7 turd brown and rust C500 slant-6 auto that sold on ebay in August of 2008 for $15,400. . . .  :whistling:

Hey man....I use to look at your ad and dream......If I woulda had the $$$ and resources, that thing woulda had a new home in Alabama! '69 C500 is one of my dream cars, love to get one someday in any shape.

Jason

WB General Lee

I love seeing those pictures of Charger 500's

PocketThunder

Quote from: jaak on February 14, 2011, 06:33:08 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 14, 2011, 01:54:40 PM
Quote from: jaak on February 12, 2011, 04:35:38 PM
Wonder if whoever bought it is a member here? That is a steal for a real 500, Cheapest one next to that I remember seeing was an f8, 440, auto (non-numbers matching) that was a basket case on Moparts about 9-10 years ago for 10k.

Jason

Cheapest one i remember seeing was a T7 turd brown and rust C500 slant-6 auto that sold on ebay in August of 2008 for $15,400. . . .  :whistling:

Hey man....I use to look at your ad and dream......If I woulda had the $$$ and resources, that thing woulda had a new home in Alabama! '69 C500 is one of my dream cars, love to get one someday in any shape.

Jason

You can probably buy it from the guy i sold it to if you want.  I'm sure he hasnt started on it yet.  You'l have to travel a little further to Montana though to get it.  But you could drive it home and get 22 mpg!!   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparchris

I think I'm gonna be sick.  I think that was my old Charger 500.  Green with white interior.  The last time I saw the car it was primered and sitting and the guy moved and I lost track of the car.  I sold it in 1986 or so.  V.I.N. is XX29L9B232008 (?) I think.  It was a long time ago. It was pretty when I owned it. :'(

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on February 15, 2011, 03:18:27 PM
I think I'm gonna be sick.  I think that was my old Charger 500.  Green with white interior.  The last time I saw the car it was primered and sitting and the guy moved and I lost track of the car.  I sold it in 1986 or so.  V.I.N. is XX29L9B232008 (?) I think.  It was a long time ago. It was pretty when I owned it. :'(

Not the way to "find/discover" your former Mopar........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

greenpigs

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 15, 2011, 03:54:24 PM
I think I'm gonna be sick.  I think that was my old Charger 500.  Green with white interior.  The last time I saw the car it was primered and sitting and the guy moved and I lost track of the car.  I sold it in 1986 or so.  V.I.N. is XX29L9B232008 (?) I think.  It was a long time ago. It was pretty when I owned it. :'(

Not the way to "find/discover" your former Mopar........

It does exist so that would make me happy as I don't have 13 or 15K so no chance I could have bought it. The cups always half full. ;)
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

learical1

I think I'm gonna be sick.  I think that was my old Charger 500.  Green with white interior.  The last time I saw the car it was primered and sitting and the guy moved and I lost track of the car.  I sold it in 1986 or so.  V.I.N. is XX29L9B232008 (?) I think.  It was a long time ago. It was pretty when I owned it. :'(

You're a fine one to be talking, Chris.  At least I know my old 500 has a good home and is well taken care of.  (do I get any kind of visitation rights?) :lol:
Bruce

moparstuart

Quote from: learical1 on February 15, 2011, 08:06:31 PM

You're a fine one to be talking, Chris.  At least I know my old 500 has a good home and is well taken care of.  (do I get any kind of visitation rights?) :lol:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  what does the devorce decree say   :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RallyeMike

As guessed by 472, this 500 is now in my garage.

Like was said prior here, the seller knew exactly what he had, and that it was a good deal. He just wanted a very quick cash sale with no monkey-business to fund a pending house purchase.

To answer a few other questions: The car is a real XX C500, its NOM (70 350hp block), and it isn't going to be flipped.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

skip68

Good score Mike.  You know now you have to start a thread about it with lots of pictures.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

472 R/T SE

Congrats.  Good to see a true enthusiast score some thing he/she wants vs. someone just out to make a buck.   :thumbs:

PocketThunder

Quote from: RallyeMike on February 16, 2011, 10:16:25 PM
As guessed by 472, this 500 is now in my garage.

Like was said prior here, the seller knew exactly what he had, and that it was a good deal. He just wanted a very quick cash sale with no monkey-business to fund a pending house purchase.

To answer a few other questions: The car is a real XX C500, its NOM (70 350hp block), and it isn't going to be flipped.

Make it a road racer!!!!!   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TK73

That thing will look ROCKIN jacked up on shackles, N50's, ratty Cragar S/S's, primer and some Moon stickers!!
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

472 R/T SE

Quote from: TK73 on February 16, 2011, 11:56:39 PM
That thing will look ROCKIN jacked up on shackles, N50's, ratty Cragar S/S's, primer and some Moon stickers!!

And to complete the look, you need to grow your hair back out before driving it.   ;)

Hemidog

Don't forget chain steering wheel and footprint gas pedal!

More Pictures!  :popcrn:

WB General Lee

Congratulations you scored a great deal! What is that next to the Charger? I used to own a Richard Petty 43 Charger built from Petty Enterprizes parts. It was radical and looked accurate. I used to drive it all the time. It had a full roll cage and instrumentation. I will try to dig up some pictures. Petty loved it and signed the car.

RallyeMike

Its a 72 that I run in the Silver State Challenger and similar events, though not much in the last couple years. Its not a Petty clone or tribute, it just happens to be Super Blue.

500 pics below.

It runs (roughly), but is not drivable due to a host of mechanical and electrical issues. Needs trunk pan and lower quarter patches but otherwise straight with the exception of the front valance and pretty much free of significant rust. Everything appears to there (a lot of it in the trunk) except for the replacement 70 engine and the original white guts changed to black.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hemi68charger

Mike is now the newest AB !!!!!  (Aero-bastard)  :icon_smile_big:

Congratulations !!!!!

Do you have the deflectors? I didn't notice them on the car............  Let your racing hertiage continue......  Definitetly need to start another "Look what I got" thread...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

power windows and A/C..  :drool5:

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

Quote from: RallyeMike on February 17, 2011, 08:39:28 AM
Its a 72 that I run in the Silver State Challenger and similar events, though not much in the last couple years. Its not a Petty clone or tribute, it just happens to be Super Blue.

500 pics below.

It runs (roughly), but is not drivable due to a host of mechanical and electrical issues. Needs trunk pan and lower quarter patches but otherwise straight with the exception of the front valance and pretty much free of significant rust. Everything appears to there (a lot of it in the trunk) except for the replacement 70 engine and the original white guts changed to black.

:o Damn Dude  :drool5: awesome , congratulations  :yesnod:   :'(
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

Glad to hear that it wound up with someone from the board. Would love to know more about the car to add info to the ever growing list I have, that is if you don't mind.

I only have info on 4 other cars that have the same combination of A/C and power windows. One of which is green but not your car it was an F5 car with green interior.

RallyeMike

QuoteMike is now the newest AB !!!!!  (Aero-bastard)  icon_smile_big

Congratulations !!!!!

Do you have the deflectors? I didn't notice them on the car............  Let your racing hertiage continue......  Definitetly need to start another "Look what I got" thread...

"AB"? I guess its better than just plain old "B".

Fortunately, all trim and any missing pieces are in the trunk including the deflectors, except the front bumperettes which the seller could not find. He's still looking for them, and hopefully they will turn up.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

greenpigs

Any plans yet or is it still sinking in?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free