News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger turn signal malfunction

Started by chargerjy9, August 02, 2005, 06:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerjy9

I have a 73 Charger SE 400 auto with some elecrical issues and would appreciate some help.  Right turn signal  does not blink automatically , only if I manually use the stalk. New tail lamp bulbs didnot solve the problem
the lamp bulb on the column mounted  PRNDL does not light up, nor does the map light under the dash light up. all fuses are OK these problems seemed to happen all at the same time. Also the wipers do not work. when I turn the switch, there is nothing. thanks for any advice
Chargerjy9
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

69bananabeast

im not exactly sure if this is it but mine did the similiar thing awhile back. Do you have an aftermarket steering wheel? is the turn signal handle move really loose or is strong. Your gonna need to take off the steering wheel and look at the turn signal switch and see if there is a screw loose on the switch. if it is you should just need to tighten it up.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

chargerjy9

the steering wheel is stock, the signal stalk is not loose at all it feels very positive.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Chryco Psycho

Possibly the front or rear light is not working & there is not enough load to flash or the flasher could be bad 

Nacho-RT74

1- do you have brake lights on both sides ?

2-gear selector light is orange wire on undercolumn harness ( the harness with bigger conector ) check if wires are in good conditions there... it could be also just the bulb. If cluster lights on, gear selector light also has to do the same, since is just a spliced wire from that line

3-map light check of course first the bulb... does turn on when you open the door ? does turn on when you use the switch with doors closed ?... if bulb is right and doesn't turns one on any case coudl it be the pink wire just unplugged that is feeded from a constan source from batt on underdash wiring... is a pink tripple female bullet kind rubber plug on underdash wiring, located around the ashtray area as I remember. Is the same where glove box light is feeded. Do you have glove box light working ?

4-probably just switch damaged... check for loosen plug on bulkhead and also switch.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html