News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sail panel emblem installation

Started by my69rt, April 29, 2011, 09:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my69rt

I'm finally getting around to doing some finishing work on ole' green and need some tips so I don't screw it up.  I just picked up a Charger emblem for the sail panel and do not know how to install it correctly.  The studs on the new emblem line up well with the exsisting holes and it came with some plastic retainers.  Is there any adheasive, special tools, access from the interior required to stick this thing on the car?

Thanks,

spence

gasoline_24

You have to remove the headliner to install the emblems.

terrible one

Quote from: gasoline_24 on April 29, 2011, 09:32:58 PM
You have to remove the headliner to install the emblems.

Yep, there are also pieces of cardboard like material that re in the way as well. Not sure what retainers you got but they were originally attached using "speed nuts" that cut their own threads into the post. Same thing used on other emblems and trim on the car.

my69rt

Thanks,

Not what I wanted to hear but that's what I expected.

spence

Troy

Nah, you can reach them from inside the trunk - if you aren't an NFL linebacker or have huge hands.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twodko

"You have to remove the headliner to install the emblems."

Only on the sail panels. Easy out, easy back in. No worries.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Silver R/T

You could always glue them on if you don't want to mess with headliner or getting into the trunk
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PA Dodger

I used these to install mine when I didn't want to go through the headliner hassle. They worked great and the emblem sat flush on the vinyl top. Try looking at a body shop supply house.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Plymouth-Chrysler-emblem-nuts-100-pcs-clips-/130454306112?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5faebd40

'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Just 6T9 CHGR

Actually i think those pink things on the emblems are the retainers & yes you can pretty much reach both pegs from inside the trunk
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

AKcharger

Ya' know what...come to think of it that's how I got the the emblems on my '70

70 Charger RT

As PA dodger says above, the barrel clips work great.  The only disadvantage being that someone can pop off your emblems with a screw driver when you're not looking. 
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Al

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 30, 2011, 12:39:34 PM
You could always glue them on if you don't want to mess with headliner or getting into the trunk

What glue would be recommended? I'm not too keen on removing the headliner.

Greetings
Al
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

timmycharger

I would try to use 3M super trim adhesive.  I used that for the weatherstripping/seals on my car as well as the R/T emblem on my grille, worked great.

Al

Quote from: timmycharger on March 09, 2017, 11:32:18 AM
I would try to use 3M super trim adhesive.  I used that for the weatherstripping/seals on my car as well as the R/T emblem on my grille, worked great.

I suppose in tube and not aerosol ?

timmycharger

Al

I can only find 3M super weatherstrip adhesive in tube, super trim adhesive seems to come only in aerosol  :scratchchin:

Al