News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

You will most likely find that the driven to the event car will be more of the exception than the rule, a lot of them will be coming on trailers....because of the distance if nothing else.

moparstuart

Quote from: RECHRGD on June 08, 2011, 02:25:19 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2011, 01:44:01 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on June 07, 2011, 12:52:51 PM
It's looking like we're going to be trailering RECHRGD from Wa. State.  They are allowing a small number of non-wing cars to join the festivities.  Would love to join up somewhere along the way.   Bob
caravan starts in kansas city    :icon_smile_big:

Hope I'm not the only one trailering.  Or maybe we could leave the truck and trailer in Omaha at my daughter's house.  We'll see.......The AC in the truck sure is nice! :yesnod:
i'm planning on trailering also
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RECHRGD

Yea, trailering makes the most sense given the distances and time gone.  Also, I'm assuming our cars will be held hostage over the weekend and another vehicle would be handy to have if needed.
13.53 @ 105.32

Aero426

You should be able to drive your show car in and out of the grounds. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: RECHRGD on June 08, 2011, 02:25:19 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2011, 01:44:01 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on June 07, 2011, 12:52:51 PM
It's looking like we're going to be trailering RECHRGD from Wa. State.  They are allowing a small number of non-wing cars to join the festivities.  Would love to join up somewhere along the way.   Bob
caravan starts in kansas city    :icon_smile_big:

Hope I'm not the only one trailering.  Or maybe we could leave the truck and trailer in Omaha at my daughter's house.  We'll see.......The AC in the truck sure is nice! :yesnod:

Well, if I'm able to go, I'll be trailering from Houston......... Won't make no bones about it, feel guilty or buckle to peer pressure..  :rotz:

Doug, is there a definite-gotta-have-100%-commitment date?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparnutty

Hey Troy, We will be leaving on Thursday from Hot Springs,Ar. If you want to travel with us let me know. I think its about 11 hours from here....Ken

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparnutty on June 08, 2011, 07:04:14 PM
Hey Troy, We will be leaving on Thursday from Hot Springs,Ar. If you want to travel with us let me know. I think its about 11 hours from here....Ken

Who knows... Maybe we can hook up.................
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2011, 06:42:35 PM
Doug, is there a definite-gotta-have-100%-commitment date?

No, you have plenty of time to get it figured out.   

70Sbird

Quote from: Mopurr on June 08, 2011, 02:52:21 PM
You will most likely find that the driven to the event car will be more of the exception than the rule, a lot of them will be coming on trailers....because of the distance if nothing else.
I must be the exception to a bunch of rules then!
only trailered if broke or moving across the country, wait a minute it's broke now...

:coolgleamA:

Scott Faulkner

Mopurr

Scott.....of course you know that you are the exception to the rules.....lol

Actually unless Brent gets off for Friday, I am driving the Daytona up to Indy too.

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 08, 2011, 11:10:27 PM
Quote from: Mopurr on June 08, 2011, 02:52:21 PM
I must be the exception to a bunch of rules then!
only trailered if broke or moving across the country, wait a minute it's broke now...

:coolgleamA:
if it was only a 3 or 4 hour drive like st louis I drive but with the wife coming and it being july and also my luck , I think trailering and driving with a/c is a better idea   :D

pettybird

Quote from: Aero426 on June 06, 2011, 05:43:44 PM
Quote from: pettybird on June 06, 2011, 05:29:26 PM
Count us in.  After all, we don't have to spend our hotel/fuel money this year to get to the national meet! 

With the savings, you can bring both cars then.  :smilielol:

Confirmed, and yeah we'll probably bring two.  I'd like to take the Petty car, and mom wants Marty...

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on June 09, 2011, 01:59:12 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on June 06, 2011, 05:43:44 PM
Quote from: pettybird on June 06, 2011, 05:29:26 PM
Count us in.  After all, we don't have to spend our hotel/fuel money this year to get to the national meet!  

With the savings, you can bring both cars then.  :smilielol:

Confirmed, and yeah we'll probably bring two.  I'd like to take the Petty car, and mom wants Marty...
i'll send quintin up to drive the B-5 car for you   :icon_smile_big:

nitrometal

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 07, 2011, 05:32:33 AM
Quote from: 440mop on June 07, 2011, 04:17:47 AM
At least you're on the same Continent Troy   :brickwall:

You got me on that one...........   :eek2:

Anyone in the South wanna go 1/2'ees with me?  ;D

Regardless if I can go or not, Doug, that's awesome you were able to pull this off... Maybe you can rub some of your magic off on me and I can sweet-talk Texas Motor Speedway..

Hey Troy, if you go maybe we could meet up somewhere? Just like Talladega...  :smilielol:
And Doug, put me down for sure.  I'll see if I can get a companion to tag along this weekend.
Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

pettybird

hemi68charger

Quote from: nitrometal on June 10, 2011, 03:51:30 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on June 07, 2011, 05:32:33 AM
Quote from: 440mop on June 07, 2011, 04:17:47 AM
At least you're on the same Continent Troy   :brickwall:

You got me on that one...........   :eek2:

Anyone in the South wanna go 1/2'ees with me?  ;D

Regardless if I can go or not, Doug, that's awesome you were able to pull this off... Maybe you can rub some of your magic off on me and I can sweet-talk Texas Motor Speedway..

Hey Troy, if you go maybe we could meet up somewhere? Just like Talladega...  :smilielol:
And Doug, put me down for sure.  I'll see if I can get a companion to tag along this weekend.
Phil

Sure enough.. I'll bring my self-aid-Buddy kit........  :icon_smile_big:  I'm assuming you're bringing "King".
Troy

nitrometal

Quote from: pettybird on June 10, 2011, 07:42:15 PM
no heart attacks this time, eh?

::) If I do I'll never show my face again!

Technically I had all the signs of a TIA (mini-stroke),  Even a top heart surgeon from Chicago that Dave Kanofsky knew was convinced after talking to me.  But, they ran all sorts of tests when I got home and couldn't find any signs of damage.  They attributed it to extreme exhaustion and stress from thrashing on the car to get it ready for the meet.  I learned my lesson about pushing myself like that.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

n9671x2

I am in, should be an incredible experience to share with my 15 year old daughter !! 

41husk

just made my reservation.  They were out of doubles at the hotel so hurry.  I am 4.5 hours from Indy and will be trailoring as well.  No AC July in the midwest = trailor :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on June 11, 2011, 08:48:47 PM
just made my reservation.  They were out of doubles at the hotel so hurry.  I am 4.5 hours from Indy and will be trailoring as well.  No AC July in the midwest = trailor :Twocents:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:     :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Aero426

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on June 11, 2011, 10:49:04 PM
Nearly 50 cars have committed so far.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  wow great for such a quickly short notice thing    

69_500

Wow 50 cars. Thats impressive. What day is everyone thinking of coming into town? And would anyone be interested in doing anything else on say Saturday night after leaving the track. There is a place on the south side of indy that has a cruise-in every saturday during the summer with around 150-300 cars coming on a typical saturday night. I know the people who put it on each weekend, and could possible see if they  would set asside a spot for us to park if you guys are interested.

And if anyone is coming into town on Thursday afternoon and wanted to come on out to the house for a cook out I'd be more than happy to grill for everyone.

Doug I asked off for work for Friday to be able to do that stuff, and will be there on Saturday as well, but depending on how my sons baseball team is doing in a tournament that weekend I might not make Sunday's events. But if to do it I have to pay for a pass for all 3 days I'm fine with that. I'd rather have it all lined up to do all 3 days and then miss Sunday rather than not do any of it.

Aero426

Danny if you want to plan for something Saturday night, I'd say go for it.   

If I did not mention it earlier, the other things happening in town are
Thursday night:  ARCA and Silver Crown at IRP
Friday night:  NASCAR trucks at IRP
Saturday night:  NASCAR Nationwide at IRP

The Thursday night deal might come together for displaying some cars at IRP, which is about 15 minutes from the hotel.  But if you want to have some people over that is fine too.   We appreciate your offer of help.

moparstuart

i have reservations for thursday night so i should be in town sometime the evening , for either event