News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old cars in the wild

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 15, 2011, 04:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

We have Old Chargers in the wild, and Old Mopars in the wild. To many times a day I see Old classics in the wild, and  I would love to post a picture. We are car guys and any old car is cool to me. Here's my first while at the doctors office today.  A 69 RS Z/28. Not sure if it's a true Z, but a nice RS anyway.  I also saw a 70 Elcamino but couldn't get a shot. Hope this thread takes off.  :2thumbs:

Of course it's not as nice as the Z/28 I had.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

I did a bunch of "Auto Safari" posts a few years back...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36007.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50354.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,40730.0.html

I appreciate most any vehicles especially if they're used and in their native environs.
Post Away!
                     :popcrn:

1969chargerrtse

Cool stuff, I remember when you posted some of those.   The " in the wild  " line is catchy. So I was hoping we could use that for just any old cars in the wild. Easy to remember. I know I'm now gonna start posting old Muscle cars I see hanging around. Saw one of those 60's Pontiac GPs with the hideaway head lamps. Cool front end. I took a picture but didn't know where to put it and I didn't want to start a new thread just for that one car.  Now I know.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

I saw a recently painted '68 SS 396 yesterday on the way out to dinner - the first SS I've seen in several years without the stripes.  :shruggy: I'm flying blind with my broken camera but I'm managing to get most of the shots i attempt.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 15, 2011, 09:17:06 PM
I saw a recently painted '68 SS 396 yesterday on the way out to dinner - the first SS I've seen in several years without the stripes.  :shruggy: I'm flying blind with my broken camera but I'm managing to get most of the shots i attempt.
I don't think 68s had stripes?  69 ( better looking year to me ) had a stripe that went down the side as an option, and of course 70 had those two huge hood stripes, but I can't remember 68 having any?  Many of those cars had wrong stripes.  Many 69 Camaros have the 2 hood stripes, but they only came on the Z/28 as an option and all Pace cars.  The SS had some that ran along the front fender. Not the 2 most people put on the hood.

gtx6970

Friend of mine drives his 66 Ford F100 everyday, year round.

Brock Samson

I know the SS Chevelles are extremely popular cars but not so much to me. I'd personally much rather has a Monte Carlo SS.
The point i was making was that eveyone seems to have added stripes to their Chevys and this one is the first I can remember seeing in the last ten years that didn't have some kind of stripe treatment on it. I don't think this is a real SS. a nice clone yes.
  I'll dig around and see what other pics I've taken of cars out on the street in the last yr or so..  :cheers:

bull

I like the flat black '69 up top. Never seen one in flat black before but it looks good IMO.

There's a guy at work who drives a '57 Chevy every day, rain or shine. I'll have to get a pic one of these days...

tatrick2me

I thought this was a DODGE CHARGER site.
Bone 7

doctor4766

Yeah I know its a MOPAR but it IS in the wild down the road from me.

Gotta love a '69

doctor4766

Also this Pacer was a couple of doors down a lil while back.

Tried to buy it but of course he was "Gonna do it up one day"
It had only sat outside for at least the last 10 years.
Gotta love a '69

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tatrick2me on June 16, 2011, 03:01:37 PM
I thought this was a DODGE CHARGER site.
It is and this is the Car guys Discussion.  :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: doctor4766 on June 16, 2011, 05:47:12 PM
Yeah I know its a MOPAR but it IS in the wild down the road from me.

That would go in the  Old Mopars in the wild section.

twodko

Wow Doc, that Pacer is a car I've never seen before. Thanks!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Laxy

A few more aussie ones I've found over the last few years:

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

doctor4766

Quote from: twodko on June 16, 2011, 06:45:48 PM
Wow Doc, that Pacer is a car I've never seen before. Thanks!
Based on the US Dart, this is CAL's effort at a sports coupe at the time.
Would be cool to see someone over there stripe up a Dart like a Pacer huh?
Gotta love a '69

Bob T

Hey Doc, a mate of mine just sold his 71 VG Pacer H/T in Bondi Bleach for 37k ,6pk 265  3 spd,  top car tho, go the mighty Vals.

Here's a shot of a mate of mines 57 Fury, would have to be one of the sharpest Fury's on the planet, long resto and originally R/H drive. So Cool and a really nice guy and his lovely partner own it.
Fin Cars mmm :drool5: It would be one of my favourite cars in the country.

Below that is another guys 60 Imperial Le Baron , just perfect.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

69 Bama R/T

Here's some I found.The first two are the same car.

69 Bama R/T

1 more

1969chargerrtse

Wow, :cheers: great pics.  I remember our 64 Ford falcone wagon like it was yesterday.  The 289 ran sweet.

69bronzeT5

'69 GTO
'70-'72 Camaro RS
'69 Beaumont convertible
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

'67-'68 Firebird
'63-'65 Galaxie
Early '70s Firebirds & one Trans Am (the white one)
'77 Trans Am that's been sitting for years....it's 4 houses down from me....

69bronzeT5

'67 Malibu
'71 Skylark
'69 Malibu convertible
'67 Camaro Z-28

1969chargerrtse

Made a new friend today.  He lives about 10 Min's from me and owned a 69 Blue R/T SE when he was 18. He has been into GTO's forever and drives this conv around all the time. He said it sat in his brothers barn for ten years.  The day after he pulled it out to get it running and driveable, the barn collapsed!
He said he's always been a GM guy but always had a soft spot for the 69 Charger.  Sound familiar?  :icon_smile_big:

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 18, 2011, 05:06:54 PM
'67 Malibu
'71 Skylark
'69 Malibu convertible
'67 Camaro Z-28

cody you always happen to find something up there, in your neck of the woods .  :2thumbs: