News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Project - Blue One - update

Started by Daytona Guy, August 22, 2011, 08:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

Getting my hauler ready for Hot August Nights - Anyone know the best towing route from Salem to Reno?

Stevearino

Just 6T9 CHGR

Really love the way those wheels came out!  I like the nod towards a "stock" look....even if it is a very small nod....  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

WINGIN IT

"... Must say these are some of the best pics of these two cars together ever..."

WOW ! Those pics from his point of view are fantastic !  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Pixs of both awsum Daytona s  on the road are great..i miss the yellow one and knowing it went so far from our great state of few wings is down right sad,boo hoo.

as far as Reno i say stay to freeway an main routes.. more services and room to pass or bee passed.  been thru reno 10 times or so on vegas runs to see my brother.   Reno is a dirty ,windy,dusty,,,did i say hot an dirty place.

good luck an hear it is a great show with cars an people from far an wide. :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn: :drool5:

djcarguy

even with what looks like a new trailer,i STRONGLY URGE ya to pull the wheels an pack the bearings an set bearing load. an check an tighten spring bolts.   seen many bearings burn up as new are assembled with very little grease an set real lose or too tight..

blue is my favorite now ,an miss the yellow one.. spent few hrs with tom friday an saw red Daytona too.  latter dj :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Brutalowner

What DJ said.... and if it is a new trailer, put tires on it! I see many, many new trailers throw treads, have blowouts, etc. The tires that they are delivered with are typical low-bid trash. Put real trailer tires on that sled!  :Twocents:
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Brutalowner on July 09, 2013, 08:15:42 PM
What DJ said.... and if it is a new trailer, put tires on it! I see many, many new trailers throw treads, have blowouts, etc. The tires that they are delivered with are typical low-bid trash. Put real trailer tires on that sled!  :Twocents:

One good sized excuse why they're able to ask such a reasonable price for them.

Daytona Guy

I did some research and found nothing but good things about these tires - Carlisle Sport Trail 6-Ply Boat Trailer Tire ST205/75D15, they are not cheap. I had them on my boat trailer - and lasted me 15 years, and the only reason I had to replace them was because they where old. I'm not going to replace perfectly good tires. I know they are bias ply, but heck - who cares - its not like I'm driving this this for 20-40k. If I put 2k a year on it I would be lucky. I will check the axles - they look good so far. All inspection stickers on variouse locations are checked as well as on the form. They are very detailed.

Dane

A383Wing

If you don't use the trailer that often, when it's parked, cover the tires with something, the sun rots tires fast. They make tire bags, like the paint shops use

Bryan

Brutalowner

Carlisle makes a good tire, it's what I have on mine. As long as there is no "Chino-Hi miler" label on the side of the tire, or something like that, you oughta be ok. Don't want any black donut marks on that pretty blue paint, unless you're 'racin!
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd

Daytona Guy

Ok - anybody been to HAN ? How do you manage your tie there? I know the Mopar day is Wednesday. Someone give me some ideas on what to do? Cruise at night? Go to one hotel to another????

Dane

djcarguy

Are ya going to woodburn the 7-21st??     talking to r4daytona bout coming up for it, still open for imput??  DJ

Daytona Guy

Yes, but will not be there till 1:00 pm. Will be at the Salem show on Sat for sure.

Dane

djcarguy

hope ya back safe from sin city north,,reno??  did ya see some neat cars there,any pixs? any wild mopars out an about in reno?    take care DJ  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Daytona Guy

XS29L9B2

Daytona Guy

I don't know if I posted these here yet...

JB400

Looks good, except for the pic with the Chevy pulling it :slap:

Daytona Guy

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 28, 2013, 01:10:05 AM
Looks good, except for the pic with the Chevy pulling it :slap:
I know, but because Dodge truck div can't seem to make a full size Suburban type vehicle, those morons, I'm stuck. Actually this did pretty well. Love the room in this and the ride.

Dane

XS29L9B2

thank you this car is so beautifull my dream make a daytona clone on my 69 lol

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Stevearino

You really did a great job blending the nose to the fenders Dane. What if anything did you use between the nose and the fender.Any sort of thin gasket material or rubber or did you just mate them up?

Ghoste

Amazing how much that blue changes with the light.  (to me anyway)