News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoPar City Junkyard Tour

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, September 11, 2011, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Mopar City in Oregon, IL allowed a small bunch of people to come into their yard and view their vast collection of Mopars.  I had been to the yard, but never in it.  And I have never heard of anyone recently be able to walk through it so openly.  Take a look at all the pictures!

I have no idea on prices, I was just there for the pictures.

Mo-Par City Junkyard Tour <-------------------------LINK

Ryan

tsmithae

I agree, great photos.  Too bad they are so difficult to deal with...  :rotz:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

1970Moparmann

Quote from: tsmithae on September 11, 2011, 07:51:44 PM
I agree, great photos.  Too bad they are so difficult to deal with...  :rotz:

I second that.  

It's like pulling teeth to get some info.  Then, the price was out of this moon.  

The typical answer "try and find it somewhere else".   I reply, I usually do.....

Awesome photo's though....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

HOTROD

Can't take it to the grave  :flame: O I forget their all ready there  :slap: !!!!
What the Hell-Dumass !

jaak

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on September 11, 2011, 08:08:39 PM
I agree, great photos.  Too bad they are so difficult to deal with...  :rotz:

I second that.  

It's like pulling teeth to get some info.  Then, the price was out of this moon.  

The typical answer "try and find it somewhere else".   I reply, I usually do.....

Awesome photo's though....

I think all the Mopar hoarders/junkyards are like that. I live close to Ted Stephens (Stephen's Performance). He's and A1 asshole and I have never bought nothing from him and never will.

Jason

Mikesmoparperformance

DAMN!!! What shame! There are still a couple of mopars left :o many chargers, roadrunners, cuda's! :popcrn: :popcrn: Damn it why won't the sale any thing :shruggy:

Great photo's do love it :popcrn:

Is this a Real Lee :smilielol:

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Bob T

Good having a look around, Thanks for putting the photos up
Most of its been there a long, long time by the amount of overgrowth
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

41husk

They moved alot of R+R Salvage stuff from MO. up to Oregan.  I have tried to seal with them not an easy task!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

XS29LA47V21

R&R was a cool and exciting walk around some years back, although sad on the sole. 

TheAutoArchaeologist

Once they enter the yard, the titles are sent to the state and they can not ever leave the yard.  Sad, but most of the cars had been there a very long time.

tan top

nother good adventure by the looks of it Ryan !!  :drool5: :o  !!  thanks for posting the pictures & link !! great stuff  :yesnod: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68X426

Great post, thanks for sharing.  :cheers:

They are way difficult to deal with. The owner pees on their cereal each morning to get them all in their mood.

Only thing to like about them is the phone: 800-426-HEMI.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Bob T

Quote from: 68X426 on September 12, 2011, 12:21:02 PM

Great post, thanks for sharing.  :cheers:

They are way difficult to deal with. The owner pees on their cereal each morning to get them all in their mood.

Only thing to like about them is the phone: 800-426-HEMI.

:rofl:   Jeez , I'd hate to work there then. Especially if he eats a lot of asparagus rolls
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Magnumcharger

Funny thing, none of their cars or parts is worth anything unless it's sold. And if they won't sell cars, then those cars in that yard are doomed to become scrap metal.
It always amazes me to see shelves of parts like that, squirred away, waiting for the day when they'll be used.

I'm both fastinated and repulsed by hoarders.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

SG1022

dodgeboy67

the owner is a first class asshat...... i have riden in a couple of those cars

TheAutoArchaeologist

Lets just forget about the name calling and take the pictures for what they are.  Cool

AKcharger

Well the nice thing is (from the buyers persepctive) that more new stuff is coming on the market everyday making that stuff worth less and less. If you really look out on the sea of junk cars I can't see anything (save '70 charger fenders/bumper/hood) that ISN'T being made new. Keep you stuff guys...keep your stuff  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

greenpigs

Quote from: AKcharger on September 13, 2011, 01:49:14 AM
Well the nice thing is (from the buyers persepctive) that more new stuff is coming on the market everyday making that stuff worth less and less. If you really look out on the sea of junk cars I can't see anything (save '70 charger fenders/bumper/hood) that ISN'T being made new. Keep you stuff guys...keep your stuff  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

X2

The time to make the money was 15 years ago or so....still thanks for the pictures.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

64dartgt

They better start pricing competatively soon. 

We don't collect Model T's or Model A's and I can remember when a nice stock Model A was a $30K ride.  No more.  They are half that now.

Between time passing, the cars rotting and repop stuff they are going to go broke waiting for the market to keep going up.

Benji

64dartGT has a point.  Back in the 1970s Model A Fords were all the rage I assume because the guys who had them in the 30s and 40s had fond memories of them or always wanted one like their dad had and since they were now in their prime earning years they bought them.  Now that these same people are in their eighties the A market has dried up.

Benji

AKcharger

True BUT there's a big diffrence between our cars and Model "A's". There was no effort to "grow" new collectors. Think about our cars, there isn't an action/adventure movie or trendy sitcom that DOESN'T have some kind muscle car.

When you were growing up were you fasinated with a model A or just think it's an interesting old car?  Now again think of when you go to a car show, half the people oogeling over it is kids 8 and up....those are our buys when we are all off to nursing homes...provided our prices aren't stupid  :2thumbs:

TheAutoArchaeologist

You old guys can just will all your muscle cars to me... just make the title out to Ryan Brutt......

64dartgt

All right...well lets keep an eye  :popcrn: on the market for 55 - 57 Chevies to see what happens.  My Dad had one and he passed three years ago.  Nobody I know had one in high school.  You almost never see them in the movies these days.  I think they are cool.

C'mon you guys...you are supposed to be helping me drive down the prices of parts here!   :brickwall: