News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger Build - aka "Punishment"

Started by verticalflight, October 17, 2011, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Ohhh, yeah I missed that detail.  As a guy who has to deal with shaved door handles all year long on the job,let me be perfectly clear on this;

I HAAAAAAAATE shaved door handles!!!!

verticalflight

Hey guys, thanks for the positive words. I will strongly reconsider the shaved handles. The engine is going to be a modified 6.1L hemi.

Here are some more pics:

Rolling_Thunder

bulged inner driver's fender....         now i'm interested...      why?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

greenpigs

My guess is a turbo setup and more room for it.

I like the subtle custom mods.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Rolling_Thunder

then why not flare the other side and not do twins?      that was what I was thinking anyway -  and why put it on the drier's side where everything is there anyway? (steering, brakes, clutch, etc) 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

verticalflight

A few more pics, rear is starting to come together!

ChargerD100

Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

bill440rt

Impressive!  :2thumbs:

Aren't those CHALLENGER tail lights???  :scope: :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

I love seeing all that clean metal, very rare on these cars.  :icon_smile_big:

Is it the pic or do you still have some holes in the bottom of the rocker?

I kinda like the taillights, not an improvement over the stock taillights imo, but nonetheless it looks very nice.  Shaved door handles make the body lines flow better but honestly I have to agree with others, they're a pita.  Besides it's been severly overdone and the door handles on a Charger look very nice actually.  If you really want to go custom and get the shaved look you can always build handles flush into the door.

Keep those pics coming!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

djcarguy

Quote from: verticalflight on October 17, 2011, 10:25:07 AM
Getting down to business...  INNER FENDER FLARED WAY OUT TO MOVE BRAKES ,,,,,,,LOOKS LIKE FIREWALL SET BACK BOUT 6 INCHES ?????? CHECK FIRST PIC AND LATER PICS OF REAR VIEW ,,,,FIRE WALL LOOKS DIFFERENT..  LOVE THE TAIL LIGHT IN THE RENDERING AS IT FOLLOWS BUMPER LINE,,,OTHER NOT SO MUCH?? GOING TO BE A GREAT RIDE  :popcrn: :2thumbs: :drool5:

41husk

That does look good.  Can't wait to see it finished!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ChargerD100

Quote from: Dino on October 19, 2011, 07:19:42 AM
If you really want to go custom and get the shaved look you can always build handles flush into the door.

I've been debating using the '69 style Corvette door handle (but painted to match for the shaved illusion like the later years) on top of the door or even the '70 Challenger flush handle on mine.. just some ideas...

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

ChargerD100

was the challenger taillight used cuz of fitting issues for the '11 charger lights or just decided to go that way instead?   :2thumbs:

verticalflight

The taillight housing is a 2011 Challenger. Fit and looked the best!

I agree that going with flush handles is the best option, will look into 69 corvette and 70 challenger.

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

BIGBLCK11

472 R/T SE

Quote from: verticalflight on October 17, 2011, 07:49:14 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the positive words. I will strongly reconsider the shaved handles.

Ahh, don't let a bunch of Joes' on a message board influence what you want to do to your car.  I don't see a Paypal link for people to help you pay for it so who gives a shit what other people think.

The drawing looks like a clean ride.  I'll be watching this thread.   :2thumbs:

ChargerD100

Vainglory, Esq.

If I PayPal you $20 will you paint it something other than silver?  That color is stale as moldy bread.

GPULLER

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on October 20, 2011, 01:35:19 PM
If I PayPal you $20 will you paint it something other than silver?  That color is stale as moldy bread.

Paint it RED that will really grab some attention.   :rofl:

How about Dark Turquoise Poly?

verticalflight

It is actually going to be charcoal metallic, from the new Lamborghini Aventador series.

Its called Grigio Estoque, see http://www.aventador.com - then Colori then Metallizzato then Grigio Estoque.

Here's a pic of that car, in this color.

Vainglory, Esq.

I'd get on board with the dark turquoise.  Hell, anything outside the grayscale would be fine.  Pink, yellow, green, blue, red, whatever.

I mean, come on, I cannot have been the ONLY person who saw that picture and said "Meh."  I mean really, ANOTHER gray one?  

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: verticalflight on October 20, 2011, 03:54:26 PM
It is actually going to be charcoal metallic, from the new Lamborghini Aventador series.

Its called Grigio Estoque, see http://www.aventador.com - then Colori then Metallizzato then Grigio Estoque.

Here's a pic of that car, in this color.

It's not my car, and if it makes you happy then wonderful.  But to me that's a color that's called "gray."  Anything else is just window dressing.

verticalflight

Vainglory, Esq.

Okay, I realize that maybe I sound a little bitchy.  I'm not a girl, I promise.

But seriously, it's not the fact that you are picking gray in particular, it's just that every single modern car you see running around these days is somewhere on the grayscale.  It's like colors have disappeared completely.  I think Chargers have such a broad palette that it's a shame to see them dressed up like modern jellybeans.  But that's my personal opinion, and it has nothing to do with you.

If you really enjoy it, then that's all you can ask for.  If it makes you feel any better about me, I think the work that's being done is top-notch.  So, thumbs up there...