News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

additional VIN numbers for Daytonas, compared to the ship list

Started by held1823, October 20, 2011, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemigeno on October 26, 2011, 01:37:02 PM
For what it's worth, for about 3-4 years now Troy P. and I have been gradually developing a Daytona Registry that will allow users to search the respective Shipping & Dealer Invoice list for certain cars, sort through registered cars for certain option combinations (no publication of owner's names, etc.), and a bunch of other cool features.  It's obviously been in the works for a long time, but hopefully someday soon we can have a roll-out of the initial website for everyone to kick around.  One of the problems in developing such a thing is the more I stew on it, the more ideas I come up with.  Troy probably cringes every time the phone rings and it's me on the other end.

Very much looking forward to the debut of the Daytona Registry...  :2thumbs:  :popcrn:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

tan top

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 26, 2011, 02:17:04 PM
For what it's worth, for about 3-4 years now Troy P. and I have been gradually developing a Daytona Registry that will allow users to search the respective Shipping & Dealer Invoice list for certain cars, sort through registered cars for certain option combinations (no publication of owner's names, etc.), and a bunch of other cool features.  It's obviously been in the works for a long time, but hopefully someday soon we can have a roll-out of the initial website for everyone to kick around.  One of the problems in developing such a thing is the more I stew on it, the more ideas I come up with.  Troy probably cringes every time the phone rings and it's me on the other end.

Very much looking forward to the debut of the Daytona Registry...  :2thumbs:  :popcrn:

:o  wow !! this is going to be great  stuff  :yesnod: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

held1823

As far as I know, 381550 is not a duplicate listing.  #470 on the list is 381554 if I'm not mistaken.
I haven't had time to go through this thread as carefully as I'd like, but it's a good thing for multiple people to be checking and re-checking the list.

thank you for the clarification on #470. i am working solely with information gathered from old threads, and without the benefit of a ship list copy to cross-reference things. (my email address is on my profile, should someone be inclined to share it.)

your list/registry is, without doubt, far beyond the stuff i have gathered. like the masses, i look forward to its release. in the meantime, i intend to continue humoring/frazzling/occupying myself with this pet project. if nothing else, it passes some time until the registry is released.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

nascarxx29

Your doing a great job Im re going over my stuff to check and correct .Didnt know if you seen this paper stating 400 units and the 926 numbers and there ranges

Found the other page

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69 DAYTONA

...funny, looking thru this old info and listings...brings up names I haven't heard of in years...I remember some of the names from 30 years ago...are they still out there, do they sill have a winged car, are they even still alive...some times it feels like time has stopped, so many of the same people in the winged car hobby

held1823

thanks, dave.

that document has always been an interesting piece of daytona history. topic #3 mentions storing the cars at "new car driveaway", which happens to be an alternate spelling of the trucking company name that was visible on the transporter in the creative industries photos. two separate things, or not? The material control manager named "LB Wiser", also mentioned in #3, would have been a fascinating interview. Has anyone ever heard his war stories? they would have been nearly as fascinating as those of the engineers.

topic #4 mentions chrysler's quality control department. with the time constraints they were under to deliver the cars, you just know that these guys were cringing at some of the work being "ok'd for shipment. it would have been a "ship it now, repair it later" nightmare. paint quality alone would have drove them nuts. i know our daytona was completely repainted just weeks after delivery, along with who knows how many others.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69 DAYTONA

held1823

i've finished combing through the hundreds of threads here, and plucked all of the information from them that i could. whether it's accurate or not is anyone's guess, since i don't have a copy of either factory list to double check things against. should anyone want to email either list in the next day or two, i'm willing to continue on. otherwise, it was fun while it lasted.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053