News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500's

Started by 69_500, January 21, 2006, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on July 31, 2013, 05:18:08 PM
$100 for a 30 minute phone call? And all you get is where the car was sold new?

doesn't seem right to me

That is the standard fee.   On the other hand, you have up to half an hour to discuss anything about these cars in person that has been keeping you up at night.    

I know some are not going to like the idea of paying for information, but let's not go down that road.    All I am saying is that if you want the information, it is available.

talkiemopar

I think it was 1972 someone asked Chrysler how many charger 500 were built. If they put XX29 in the computer, and it said 392, what about all of the XS29 charger 500 that are out there. These may have been lost in the count. One of mine is a XS29 :Twocents: :shruggy: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:   Rick.

hemi68charger

Quote from: talkiemopar on July 31, 2013, 09:34:23 PM
I think it was 1972 someone asked Chrysler how many charger 500 were built. If they put XX29 in the computer, and it said 392, what about all of the XS29 charger 500 that are out there. These may have been lost in the count. One of mine is a XS29 :Twocents: :shruggy: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:   Rick.

Me too........ Until otherwise "educated", my answer when I'm out and about with the cars will be 392........... This topic is like an oldie-goldie....... Don't hear it much, but when you do, it brings up a lot of memories, emotions and well,,,,,,,,,,, in this genre, controversy....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ws23rt

An XS29 charger 500? It is new to me.    :popcrn:

A383Wing

Quote from: ws23rt on July 31, 2013, 09:41:28 PM
An XS29 charger 500? It is new to me.    :popcrn:

early 69 500's were XS before the XX designation

C500

Quote from: Aero426 on July 31, 2013, 04:51:53 PM
By coincidence, I spoke to Diane at Galen's office this afternoon.   After answering her questions,  I asked her about the Charger 500 VIN list.   She later called me back and said she had found the information.    What she described to me was similar to what arrow talks about in the post above.  

I then asked what would be involved for an owner to obtain the information on their particular car.    If you own a '69 Charger 500 and would like to research the name and location of the dealer where it was sold new, you should send an email to her at gts@mhtc.net    You will need to provide her your VIN.   If she has information on your car, she will set you up with Galen for a 30 minute phone consult.  You will probably need to provide some proof of ownership and they will want to verify the fender tag info if you have that.   The cost for the phone consult is $100.

So they have a dealer/shipping list with each VIN. I wonder where this was acquired from. ??? I know where my 500 was shipped to, so probably not alot Galen can tell me that I don't already know.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

A383Wing

so you can now pay yerself $100 for that info

Homerr

Do aero cars rust less around the rear window, hence more being around?

Ghoste

No, its just that as homologation cars they tended to be purchased more frequently by ardent enthusiasts right from the beginning so they were better taken care of than the "garden variety" musclecars.  Hence the better survival rate.  You see it with other vehicles of the ilk as well.

69_500

Doug what is the survival rate of the Talladega's? Percentage wise just curious. I think a big part of the survival of the 500's that I have seen has to do with the fact that 90 are Hemi cars. I know typical rates are somewhere in the 20-30% survival rate. But I think with Hemi cars its probably around 70+ right? Then I would say around 40% for R/T cars maybe higher still for RT/SE. So if you figure all 500's are compatible to all of those and lump them all together you would have a high rate of survival. Just throwing it out there.
Me I am not sold either way on how many there were produced. I just know how many I have tracked down. I do not evere expect that number to be higher than 392 though. I am actually surprised at how many I have seen so far considering that the most I have ever seen at now show is 13.

C500

Quote from: 69_500 on August 01, 2013, 04:09:05 AM
Doug what is the survival rate of the Talladega's? Percentage wise just curious. I think a big part of the survival of the 500's that I have seen has to do with the fact that 90 are Hemi cars. I know typical rates are somewhere in the 20-30% survival rate. But I think with Hemi cars its probably around 70+ right? Then I would say around 40% for R/T cars maybe higher still for RT/SE. So if you figure all 500's are compatible to all of those and lump them all together you would have a high rate of survival. Just throwing it out there.
Me I am not sold either way on how many there were produced. I just know how many I have tracked down. I do not evere expect that number to be higher than 392 though. I am actually surprised at how many I have seen so far considering that the most I have ever seen at now show is 13.

:2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on August 01, 2013, 04:09:05 AM

These numbers are rough.

154 Spoiler II's accounted for out of 503= 30%

269 Talladegas accounted for out of 748 = 36%

385 Daytonas out of 501 = 76%

1257 Superbirds out of 1920 = 65%

Homerr

500 on moparts today, in B-body sales area

C500

Quote from: Homerr on August 01, 2013, 07:33:17 PM
500 on moparts today, in B-body sales area

can you post the link please

C500

A383Wing

charger_fan_4ever

The moparts one looks like the one Moparstuart posted that was for sale on a facebook page.

69_500

Same car. Looked at it at Carlisle.

moparstuart

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on August 01, 2013, 09:16:13 PM
The moparts one looks like the one Moparstuart posted that was for sale on a facebook page.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 69_500 on August 01, 2013, 09:43:28 PM

:popcrn:   ahhhh   and................... tell us more please, how was it?  no better photos?

richRTSE

anyone else notice its says "by by" uner the rear window? 

Ghoste

So they either needed a letter "e" on the end of each of those or they were discussing who did the conversion? :icon_smile_wink:

A383Wing

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on August 02, 2013, 07:27:30 AM

:popcrn:   ahhhh   and................... tell us more please, how was it?  no better photos?

more photos here --> http://s97.photobucket.com/user/imfixinmopars/library/1969%20charger%20500%20hemi

I just pasted 3 of 'em

Bryan

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on August 01, 2013, 09:43:28 PM

pretty rough
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: A383Wing on August 02, 2013, 09:52:23 AM

more photos here --> http://s97.photobucket.com/user/imfixinmopars/library/1969%20charger%20500%20hemi

I just pasted 3 of 'em

Bryan

Thanks, had not seen any real photos.  Lot of work there, I see someone saving it for sure, but for comparison.
T3 XX29J with apparent no sale at 99k, no bids.  Not in a color for me :slap:,     but looks very very nice in photos.