News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

when things go wrong working on the railroad !

Started by rollingthunder, January 06, 2012, 09:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollingthunder

Not going to say much but I work with the crew that was injured. I was wating on all three trains to pass me at west Nappanee. 1 hr. before this happened.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local/indiana&id=8493453
life's to short have a blast before its gone.

TruckDriver

Well, at least no one got killed in all that.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Todd Wilson

Sounded like 2nd train didnt respond to signals and prepare to stop. Either asleep or texting................

Todd

rollingthunder

Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 07, 2012, 10:41:28 PM
Sounded like 2nd train didnt respond to signals and prepare to stop. Either asleep or texting................

Todd

your right about running a restriced proceed . but I know the hogger he runs fast and charges all red lights. has been fired 3 times in the past for it. been back for just 3 months. for the last one.  the 3rd  train was going 57 mph the trailer train on other track.  think the 2nd train was going at least 40 when he hit.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: rollingthunder on January 07, 2012, 10:50:53 PM

Todd

your right about running a restriced proceed . but I know the hogger he runs fast and charges all red lights. has been fired 3 times in the past for it. been back for just 3 months. for the last one.  the 3rd  train was going 57 mph the trailer train on other track.  think the 2nd train was going at least 40 when he hit.

Were 2 trains going one direction and the other coming at them?  I thought #2 train hit the rear of a stopped train and then the other train came in the siding and hit the wreckage? I work on the UP and the FRA is starting to get real nasty on Red signal violations and restricted speed violations.

Todd

BB1

I'd just tell the investigator, I was in the shitter, works all the time.  ;D
Delete my profile

Todd Wilson

Quote from: BB1 on January 08, 2012, 03:19:22 PM
I'd just tell the investigator, I was in the shitter, works all the time.  ;D

Thats why I ride the side of a car when we go anywhere, Keeps me out of trouble!

Todd

rollingthunder

Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 08, 2012, 02:53:46 PM

Todd

Were 2 trains going one direction and the other coming at them?  I thought #2 train hit the rear of a stopped train and then the other train came in the siding and hit the wreckage? I work on the UP and the FRA is starting to get real nasty on Red signal violations and restricted speed violations.

Todd

all 3 were going the same direction the first 2 were on 1main and the 3 rd was on 2 main.  was running around the first 2 trains. Went there last nite and picked up the 3 locomotives you seen in a row in the mud,  the other 2  locomotives that were under the mess were from the 2nd train were carted off in buckets so to speak. the NTSB confincated all 5 black boxes down loaded all cell towers in 25 miles in both directions and down loaded all the signals for the last 50 miles.

gtx6970

My Dad retired as an Engineer , you would be surpised at the things he's seen ( he started in 1969 ) and most of it isn't pretty

Todd Wilson

Quote from: rollingthunder on January 09, 2012, 05:35:38 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 08, 2012, 02:53:46 PM

Todd

Todd

all 3 were going the same direction the first 2 were on 1main and the 3 rd was on 2 main.  was running around the first 2 trains. Went there last nite and picked up the 3 locomotives you seen in a row in the mud,  the other 2  locomotives that were under the mess were from the 2nd train were carted off in buckets so to speak. the NTSB confincated all 5 black boxes down loaded all cell towers in 25 miles in both directions and down loaded all the signals for the last 50 miles.

I understand now,.   Yeah thats a bad deal.  I bet we will feel the pain after its all said and done.  They are getting nasty with cellphone use. I would like to hear the outcome of all this if/when you guys hear about it.
Lots of guys out there texting and stuff.

Todd

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .