News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Daytona trunk lid dimensions please?

Started by wetfeetmi, January 22, 2006, 06:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wetfeetmi

I am ready to shorten the trunk lid on my clone, and no longer have the exaxct dimensions for the finished lid. I would greatly appreciate help please. I know Dane has this, but did not want to bother him. I could also use the wing mount measurements too. Thanks in advance...Rick

daytonalo

I'M VERY BUSY WITH MY OWN CLONE, BUT I HAVE THOSE MEASUREMENTS TAKEN OFF A REAL 69 DAYTONA. I HAVE POSTED NUMEROUS THREADS ON DECK LID MODS AND HOW I DUPLICATED FACTORY HINGES AND DECK LID CAP. THOSE NUMBERS ARE AS FOLLOWS FROM REAR OF DECK LID TO FRONT EDGE IS 21 5/8 INCHES FOR THE RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE AND IN THE CENTER REAR TO FRONT IS 21.5 INCHES .YOU ARE AWARE THAT THE FRONT OF DECK LID HAS A CURVE IN IT AND IT DOES NOT GO STRAIGHT ACROSS FROM RIGHT TO LEFT ? I USED VEGA HATCH , WHAT DID YOU USE?

wetfeetmi

Thanks for the reply, Daytonalo. My first clone I used the Jankak filler piece and just sectioned the lid to dimension.I sold the car and I thought that was my last clone, but bought another Charger and gathered the pieces again. This time I am using the Vega hatch. I cannot find the template I used, and needed to consult with someone "in the know". I reviewed all the paint and body threads before I posted. I couldn't find anything. I think it was lost with the server change. I also could use the measurements for wing mounting. Thanks, Rick

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

wetfeetmi

Thanks, Troy. I did a little search and found many many hits for "Daytona" under general discussion. Rick