News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PIX OF DAYTONA RESTORATION ,AND TRUNK HINGES

Started by daytonalo, January 06, 2006, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

HERE IS MY HEMI DAYTONA UNDER WAY ,INCLUDING INSTALLING A NEW ROOF AND FABBED OUT TRUNK HINGES THAT LOOK AND FUNCTION LIKE ORIG WITH THE EXEPTION OF ADJUSTIBLE STOPS

daytonalo

MORE PIX

bull

Looks like a lot of work. :P It will look awesome when finshed though. Remember, it's only money.

BigBlockSam

thats a nice clean way of doing it. looks real good.   :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

chargervert

Now would be a good time to add that electric sunroof! Also the correct grill screen is available. I bought one from Sue George of the wing warriors club,and Dayclona also offers it in a heavier guage steel,so it will be less likely to bend when someone touches it.

nascarxx29

Lookis Larry is moving right along .He got some 69 valiant parking lights AKA daytona lights from me.And looks like he made his own grille frame.I already found him a roof donor.Just reading along until he taclkes that obstacle
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ryan

nice work, is that a real daytona, or a dayclona?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

chargervert

Ryan,Its neither, It's a Daytona clone. I have a Dayclona,that would be a clone built from Dayclonas parts. Larry is using the stinger kit.

jaak

Good job :2thumbs:,  I would like to build a 500 clone one day if I every find another nice 2nd Generation Project.

Jason

chargervert

Hey Jaak,Mike at Dayclona makes the grille mounting kit,and the grille shrouds for the Charger 500. Mike also offers a steel rear window plug too. Erik Nelson is offering the A pillar moldings too. The rear glass is available repro,the last price I heard was $695.00. Its only available tinted,and the originals were not tinted. The only problem will be the rear window molding,but by the time you are ready someone may be offering it! Good Luck with the project!

jaak

Thanks Chargervert,

I am building an RT now, I'll keep that in mind.... I have been keeping my eye out for another charger good solid 318 car or something to do a 500 clone next, I didn't realize all these parts are available, thanks alot,

Jason