News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The eBay $5,000 69 Charger deal...............................................

Started by skip68, February 13, 2012, 07:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Silly Skippy, of course it has a CAM in it. The engine would not RUN without a CAM in it!!!!  :D

How's the 6-way drivers seat?? Good working condition??  If that seat comes out I want to see pics of it underneath...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: skip68 on February 16, 2012, 08:25:12 PM
Just for you GENERAL LEE lovers we put magnetic decals on it and did some more donuts.     :drool5:

Awesome yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw! Great to see the car running what a steal this was :cheers:!! Good luck with her and have fun! :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Steve P. on February 17, 2012, 02:39:44 AM

How's the 6-way drivers seat?? Good working condition??  If that seat comes out I want to see pics of it underneath...

Me to! :yesnod:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

skip68

We put the seat back in last night.    I can still try and take a picture under it if you guys need one.   This car should be done in about 2 weeks (body, paint, interior)     any better offers now that it's a driver?  ???     :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

As of now Wade's going to paint it orange but no Duke's graphics.   It will basically be a GENERAL LEE minus the graphics that way it's easy for whoever wants it to make a general or have an orange car.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

kikgas01

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: skip68 on February 17, 2012, 08:14:55 AM
As of now Wade's going to paint it orange but no Duke's graphics.   It will basically be a GENERAL LEE minus the graphics that way it's easy for whoever wants it to make a general or have an orange car.  

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Hemi orange or Flame? Price will be $15.000 Now I think?
MOPAR OR NO CAR

moparstuart

Quote from: Tilar on February 16, 2012, 07:02:21 PM
Unbelievable. A blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.  :2thumbs:
calling him a blind squirrel  is kind   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on February 17, 2012, 08:14:55 AM
As of now Wade's going to paint it orange but no Duke's graphics.   It will basically be a GENERAL LEE minus the graphics that way it's easy for whoever wants it to make a general or have an orange car.   

Car flipper..

Back N Black

charger01

Quote from: skip68 on February 17, 2012, 08:05:40 AM
We put the seat back in last night.    I can still try and take a picture under it if you guys need one.   This car should be done in about 2 weeks (body, paint, interior)     any better offers now that it's a driver?  ???     :icon_smile_big:

I questioned the value earlier as the selling price will always be lower for a non running car.  Never know if it was gonna be a simple fix or cost ya thousands.  You made out and got lucky on this deal.  I'd still be tempted to let it go for that 10k, but you're right.  If you guys can get it painted and new interior in quickly, it just may maximize your profits.  Good luck with it, whatever you choose.

moparstuart

Quote from: charger01 on February 17, 2012, 04:22:51 PM
Quote from: skip68 on February 17, 2012, 08:05:40 AM
We put the seat back in last night.    I can still try and take a picture under it if you guys need one.   This car should be done in about 2 weeks (body, paint, interior)     any better offers now that it's a driver?  ???     :icon_smile_big:

I questioned the value earlier as the selling price will always be lower for a non running car.  Never know if it was gonna be a simple fix or cost ya thousands.  You made out and got lucky on this deal.  I'd still be tempted to let it go for that 10k, but you're right.  If you guys can get it painted and new interior in quickly, it just may maximize your profits.  Good luck with it, whatever you choose.
a fairly rust free shell is going to run you 5 K  , dont sell it for 10 k or anywhere near that now its running and road worthy  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Steve P. on February 17, 2012, 06:16:39 PM
Skip, who is doing the wiring??

Are you saying Skip shouldn't touch the wiring?  :D Skip did cut out about 10lbs of extra wiring. Now when you step on the brakes the horn honks.  :smilielol:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

skip68

All I can say is DAMN!   THIS CAR HAS A RACE MOTOR IN IT!   I think it has 373 or 391 gears with the sure grip.  We will make a short video tomorrow and try and post it.   I'm guessing this motors putting out about 400hp to 425hp.   VERY STRONG!     Very impressive built motor for a 383.  I've driven a few 383's but never one like this.   

mrsskip68

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: skip68 link=topic=88910.msg1007072#msg1007072 date=1329 aw540266
All I can say is DAMN!   THIS CAR HAS A RACE MOTOR IN IT!   I think it has 373 or 391 gears with the sure grip.  We will make a short video tomorrow and try and post it.   I'm guessing this motors putting out about 400hp to 425hp.   VERY STRONG!     Very impressive built motor for a 383.  I've driven a few 383's but never one like this.  

DAMN!!! This deal gets better and better :2thumbs: Awesome that it has 426hp :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: It sure is a General :woohoo: :cheers: :popcrn:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

chargermike

69charger2002

wow i missed this thread! what an awesome deal! congras guys you should be able to do very well on it when you sell it.  :cheers:

Trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

68coronetGLwannabe

Just talked to the Johnny Johnson. He was the owner since 1985 before selling it to the guy in Las Vegas who owned it for 3 days,( He paid 12k) before we bought it. He said he bought this car out from under Warner Bros. They were running 2 weeks late to pick it up and he offered the guy $500 more for the car and got it. He couldn't remember what cam was in it but it has 10 to 1 compression and is built to race with a 3:91 suregrip. The trans. was built to hold 2nd gear longer until you let your foot out a little and then shift. He was not sure if its #'s matching. He was a great to talk to and filled us in on everything he could remember. He has been following this thread and joined the site. He is a huge Charger fan and still has a 69 General Lee.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

"That's us in 10 years".

MoparManJim

Why is it, I have a strange filling.. before long I am going to be removing a friend off my friend list  :-\ :-\

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!