News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can somebody tell me... WHY?

Started by ______, February 17, 2012, 02:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

______

Ran across this on facebook. Blew my mind.  :brickwall:

1969 Charger R/T  440/727
2006 Mega Cab - Triple turbo Cummins - 1079hp/2XXX tq

TruckDriver

I love that car. It belongs to long time forum member Sunroof Superbird. It was pretty much a rust bucket when he did it if I remember right. So at the time it was no loss. I personally work with a guy that owns a 1970 Charger 4x4, that was also on it's way to the junk yard, when he saved it, and made it a 4x4 in the '80's. Look at it this way, at least the guy gave the car a second life instead of crushing it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

______

Im all about classic muscle given a second chance. I guess the style isnt my cup o tea. To each his own I suppose.
1969 Charger R/T  440/727
2006 Mega Cab - Triple turbo Cummins - 1079hp/2XXX tq

kab69440

I think it's hilarious! Sunroofsuperbird is right near the top of my "damn, I gotta meet that guy" list.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

404NOTFOUND

I count it as a loss because it was still fixed up and saved but is no longer a Charger.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

TruckDriver

Quote from: kab69440 on February 17, 2012, 07:15:36 PM
I think it's hilarious! Sunroofsuperbird is right near the top of my "damn, I gotta meet that guy" list.

:iagree: :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Indygenerallee

Stacks? really? Oh well to each their own!  :cheers:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

xpbprox

Daytona R/T SE

I love that car!

I'd drive the wheels off it!

68 Bullitt Charger

IMO I would never do that to ANY classic car unless the car was a basket case. Either way it was creative.
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

NHCharger

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 17, 2012, 08:32:42 PM
Quote from: kab69440 on February 17, 2012, 07:15:36 PM

:iagree: :2thumbs:

My Dad and I tipped a few beers with him and Andy74 (who tipped a lot of beers) at Carlisle one Saturday night about six years ago. He was Driving his Vista Cruiser/Chally wagon that year. The year before he had his GL 4x4 at the show. Great guy, a ton of stories. Has so many projects he couldn't remember all of them. He's had some health issues the past few years.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

redmist

Looks terrible with those Mall Terrains on it. get some real tires, and start thrashin!!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

charger01

Quote from: ______ on February 17, 2012, 02:57:23 PM
Ran across this on facebook. Blew my mind.  :brickwall:

What a shame.. :'( :shruggy: Was a perfectly good 69 charger and then he goes and forgets to put the flag on top. :icon_smile_big:

tracpack440

I found these pics i think on ebay a couple of years ago

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

The time taken to build this "creature" would have better spent on keeping the car the way Ma Mopar built it.

chargermike

all i want is the rear window louver. would kill for it . other than that it makes a perfect gl. if your gonna make a gl. then this is what it should look llike. a true redneck country car. let rosco try to catch that. its ugly but its the best general car ever.

kamkuda

It doesnt look like the rear louvers fit well.
In the 80's these cars aren't what they are valued at today.

Dino

Quote from: chargermike on February 18, 2012, 07:52:37 AM
all i want is the rear window louver. would kill for it . other than that it makes a perfect gl. if your gonna make a gl. then this is what it should look llike. a true redneck country car. let rosco try to catch that. its ugly but its the best general car ever.

I recall a dukes ep where they actually did something like that to the ole general, albeit not as over the top as the ones posted here.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

jaak

He also has a Challenger station wagon, that's cool. I don't see nothing wrong with taking a rust bucket and doing something creative with it. That's what hot rodding is all about.

Jason

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nvrbdn

what happened to the signature name of the poster? its gone :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mike DC

It may come as a shock to some of you guys, but not every customized car in existence was built recently.

nvrbdn

that rear louver looks like it came off a mustang way too square.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tracpack440

Love it or hate it. I found a couple more pics.

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana