News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4/7 cam swap

Started by Rocky, January 26, 2006, 05:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky

OK, so I just finished reading the article in the latest Hot Rod magazine about the 4/7 cam swap for chebbies, and I was wondering if the same were possible in our Mopars considering that the firing order is the same, along with the cylinder numbers.  There is a little controversy among the bow-ties as to the effectiveness, but they managed an extra 10HP on a 492.

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried this on a mopar given the same firing order and cylinder numbers.

Any thoughts?

deputycrawford

That is a super interesting question. I am wondering the same thing. I have heard of it for years but never really discused it with anyone.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Rocky

Rocky

By the way the 4/7 swap means that you have the cam company grind the lobes on your cam so that the firing order changes the # 4 and 7 change places in the firing order.

blackcrowe

yeh ..i heard the f.a.s.t guys were using this type of cam...smooth idle aswell