News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 Charger Cluster Re-Installation. HELP!

Started by irish_in_ny, March 29, 2012, 05:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_in_ny

Hello everyone, I removed my old dash board and replaced it with one in better shape. My question is, I also removed the Rallye cluster to fix my clock but now I'm trying to reinstall the cluster and it is causing me so much trouble  :brickwall: . I removed the driver seat so I could get underneath the dash to try and put the bulbs and other wires back in their rightful positions but there is no room whatsoever to work underneath the dash. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to reinstall the cluster without me having a heart attack? Any reply at all will be helpful. I hope someone has a tip!

AirborneSilva

I'm thinking that people are going to tell you to pull the whole dash but since I have not done this before I'll just give you a bump.

ODZKing

I know you have to drop the steering column John

moparguy01

i've always just set the cluster up on the top of the steering column, up close to where it goes, and then hooked up the wires there and slide it back into place?

71seguy

ya its a pain ! gatta drop the collum for sure

irish_in_ny

Thanks very much guys :cheers: .
Yeah, I had the column dropped but it's still a nightmare. I guess I kind of knew there were no secrets or easy ways to get it in there but I'll figure it out. Dealing with the dash sure is one pain in the side  :brickwall:

Cheers again lads

Nacho-RT74

loosen bolts from steering column plate at firewall will get the column even lower.

74s got easier job on this since column is more articulated on engine bay, making a big drop inside cab without loosen the firewall bolts, but dunno remember on 73s.

I know 72 and earliers is harder even dropping column from dash frame since engine bay assembly is still not flexible like 74s.

74s column plate to firewall are diff than earliers
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html