News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sweet! A friggin' mouse chewed a hole in my headliner

Started by bull, April 02, 2012, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Only thing I saw that I am leary about is when they were putting in the windshield and using a metal screw driver.  They should have been using some kind of nylon pry tool as the metal part can chip the glass and cause a weak point which could lead to a crack in the windshield down the road.  Also, I hope they used the correct 3M bedding and glazing compound for the bottom of the windshield chanel before they put the gasket in place?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

Quote from: resq302 on April 06, 2012, 07:53:22 AM
Only thing I saw that I am leary about is when they were putting in the windshield and using a metal screw driver.  They should have been using some kind of nylon pry tool as the metal part can chip the glass and cause a weak point which could lead to a crack in the windshield down the road.  Also, I hope they used the correct 3M bedding and glazing compound for the bottom of the windshield chanel before they put the gasket in place?

Probably a hook tool, Brian.  :yesnod:
Glass installers will sometimes use one to run around the lock strip.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

:yesnod: As far as I could tell they used the metal tool to lock the gasket and the nylon "bones" for the installation. There may have been a few moments of crossover action but not much.

And yes, they laid a bead of 3M Window Weld in the frame before installing the gasket.

68X426

Quote from: resq302 on April 03, 2012, 11:01:10 PM
I have a cat.  The damn thing is useless.  The cat was in the kitchen and just basically watched it the mouse scurry across the floor.  Nothing beats a T-rex style trap!

Time for a new cat.  Mine just delivered again this morning.

(Bull, good to hear that it worked out for you.)

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

A383Wing

jaak

Quote from: bill440rt on April 06, 2012, 09:46:21 AM
Quote from: resq302 on April 06, 2012, 07:53:22 AM

Probably a hook tool, Brian.  :yesnod:
Glass installers will sometimes use one to run around the lock strip.
:Twocents:

That's what I was thinking...looks like they was 'zipping' up the lock strip on the gasket.

Jason