News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry car posted on Facebook

Started by hatersaurusrex, April 13, 2012, 09:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

model maker

this is something to look at ! and the car "looks" right almost ! the stripe is exact or at least "looks" exact from what can be seen, The rear damage behind the rear wheel is what my car had which after bodywork still showed ripples. when i got the car the stripe was still very visible inside the damaged area, the car in the picture shows a 68 fender and fiberglass  ( white gel coat ) looking hood . I had to replace everything up front on mine including the front edge of my driver door. I see a hood sitting up against the wall there, iF that is the original hood, it should be mangled pretty good however it looks straight. I wish they would show pictures of the other side & rear taillights & interior Plus a side view of the roof. My roof had scrapes in it and very little denting. to see any denting on my roof you had to look sideways low  and they were not very noticable if you ran your hand across it. My title was registered to a movie company  which i cannot remember the exact name of, something pictures company . NOW, had my studio used it, they may have bought it OR even rented it depending if they were going to give it back, sometimes a third party company will own the cars & either sell them or rent them to a studio & sometimes private parties will rent their personal car to a movie company, a member here did just that for a movie where his charger is going to be used. Who knows this could be the one with the fake 69 taillights but we need to see it first. the 68 fender has got me puzzled , of course it would have to be a replacement fender IF it was 1 of the cars but the same yellow without any stripe ??? This could be an earlier clone or photoshop for the stripe ? Someone posted a group of pictures of another yellow 69 charger with stripe in a barn or garage and i saved those pictures a year or two ago, that car had a chain on the rear, i will see if i can post them here if not I can send them to Ghoste. If anyone else can find out anymore about this facebook car, see if there are ANY dents on the passenger side as the 68 looking car got mangled up on the right side when larry knocked the cop car into the river But that charger had a 68 grille.
MODEL MAKER

model maker

here is another picture of the barn charger.
MODEL MAKER

model maker

There is something the guy from facebook said about the title saying 20th century fox dirty mary crazy larry, there is no way, no how, the name of the movie would ever be included in a vehicle title
MODEL MAKER

hemi-hampton

The Ohio barn find car looks like a clone, way to much bondo on it & other flaws. LEON.

Indygenerallee

The hood on the car is not fiberglass (it has rust on the front leading edge) I have been looking at the hood against the fence and while it does not look terrible I think it has some decent damage looking at it the upper driver side corner (blackish looking) I believe it is damage, and about halfway down the hood there is a big crease on the driver side and if you look at the hood on the car in the movie the front edge has no crease it is just sloped down and has been creased on the driver side in that same spot, so I think it could have been straightened out good enough to sell at a auction. but I agree we need better pics someone find out where this dude lives and take a camera!!! :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1RareBird

I can only add that looking at the facebook car, it too does have the trim for the vinyl top along the quarter like the movie car.  Just an observation.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Brock Lee

Nice sunroof and 70's seats on that Ohio car  :puke: :puke:

C_stripes

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 15, 2012, 12:15:17 PM
Body damage appears to be in same spots. LEON.

:scope:

Looks like the trim is in the same places. The damage looks correct. No head rests on either car.

I'm going to call this plausible.

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Ghoste

F8-4life

This car almost certainly nothing more then a old '69 painted by a fan sometime in the past. Thousands of chargers are running around but only one can be the legit movie car. Anythings possible but if you run the numbers it doesn't work.

Brock Lee

It looks an awful lot like the one with the R/T grille. Same damage to quarter, roof, etc, same black wiper blades, same roof emblems and vinyl top trim, same stripe. You can see in the screen cap the stripe was even screwed up at the fender to door seam. And that area is touched up on the found car. Did they try to cobble this together with the 68 fender to shoot some insert shots?

Indygenerallee

cdr

antenna is different ,just an observation 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Lee on April 15, 2012, 04:51:47 PM
It looks an awful lot like the one with the R/T grille. Same damage to quarter, roof, etc, same black wiper blades, same roof emblems and vinyl top trim, same stripe. You can see in the screen cap the stripe was even screwed up at the fender to door seam. And that area is touched up on the found car. Did they try to cobble this together with the 68 fender to shoot some insert shots?

Look at the bumper... look at the movie car and then at the found car. See the bumper area just down from where the "I" part is? it looks like it was at one time bent  :scratchchin:, andd the movie car bumper is at the same spot bent also..  :scratchchin: 

look at the fin coming down, look at the bumper top area in both photos.. it looks like a crease area in both photos. 

hemigeno

The distance between the stripe and rear wheel trim looks off between the two (FB and DMCL screenshot cars).

Just sayin'...

Indygenerallee

Jim, I was looking at the bumper eariler and had noticed the same thing as they both have the short bumper guards and it looked like that bumper end is higher than it should be and you can see a wrinkle in the bumper right about where it would have been originally bent.

Ghoste

Are you suggesting they straightened the twisted bumper instead of just replacing it?

MoparManJim

The rear quarter stripe gap to the wheel well looks right on, and the hood and fender is more then likely was replaced after the crash scene to be used in another scene. The hood up against the wall is probably the hood they replace it with damaged one that was really smashed and wrinkled up and the guy replaces the hood with another one (the one that is on the car now). The fender paint looks to have pal curtis yellow paint on it with another of bondo under the paint. Look at the rear quarter skin, look at the rust areas. You have to keep in mind if this is the car.. it HAS HAD TO have set for over 20 plus years out side or somewhere so there for the car will not look to much like what we all remember it looked like in the movie at all. Who knows what they did to the car after the scene's was shot.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Ghoste on April 15, 2012, 08:28:13 PM
Are you suggesting they straightened the twisted bumper instead of just replacing it?

Yes.. 

Why not? The bumper was still good, why in heck trow it away for? Just bend it back down and back out. 

Indygenerallee

Yes it looks as if they just pushed the driver side down and it left the wrinkle in the bumper right above the driver side bumper guard, If in fact it was owned by a movie studio and they knew it was going to auction they would not have put another bumper on they would have "fixed" it to look good enough to sell and out the door it went to auction. The stripe does look a touch off from the lip of wheel well to stripe between pics but the one is in bright light with light reflecting off the trim and heck the angle the picture is taken at could even make it look shorter or taller. but for now it's just speculation until we can get some more damn pics!!!  :icon_smile_big:

cdr

all i know is, if it is ,or not, the DMCL charger,I just dont get why people leave a valuable car outside to rotttttt away , :flame: :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............