News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger SE Brougham.....I might buy....*Update*

Started by Grizzly, January 29, 2006, 12:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

Well I drove 8 hours from Olympia Washingotn to look at this vehicle last night. I am here in Moscow Idaho today to look at this Charger today. The fella I have talked to seems like a very nice guy who has had the vehicle since it was new and I may be purchasing it today, so we'll see. I hope it is in as good of shape as he states it is, which I am inclined to believe after having spoken with him a number of times. It is a 73 Charger SE Brougham , fairly low miles (can't remember how many) 318/904 that he wants a good price for....I'll tell ya what it is later..... :D

TK73

Hey Dale!!  Hope this one works out, just right timing for the spring show at Bellevue
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

charger_72_318

Looks perfect on the outside... good luck man!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

72 Charger hardtop tranny, carb and intake swap
92 Spirit DOHC Gone

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

andy74

looks good, keep us all posted if you end up with her!

RallyeMike

Sweet, Griz!  Good luck. (gotta lose the Appliance Wheels and whitewalls though :icon_smile_dead:)
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

The Ghoul

RUN!!
Nah , just kidding It looks great.
I was hard core considering doing a blue white combo on mine.... just fight to urge to take it appart... trust me.. it gets outta hand quick from wanting to fix the rust and rebuild the engine to ... um ... well you know
VVVVV

Silver R/T

looks like nice driver, let us know whats that good price youre getting it for and if you get it later today.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

694spdRT

I have always liked the look of the 73 and 74 SE in blue. A friend had a '74 just like the one you posted that we use to drive around in high school.

I hope you get it!
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Grizzly

Well this has been one helluva weekend.....  :P  I drove from Olympia WA. to Moscow Idaho to look at this vehicle and meet the owners, who were a couple of waaaaaaaaaaay nice folks. Drove the Charger and picked it over pretty good. The machine is pretty damn clean I can say that. The only rust I found was on the lower rear quartes right behind where the rear wheels were. Maybe a hand span size on either side. Other than that it runs and drives and brakes really really well. The gentleman wants 5K for it and I am going to buy it. I felt it would be insulting to ask for lower amount as the vehicle is worth it and it has been taken well care of. I feel thats a fair price for it. That part was the ok part of the weekend.....on the way back my Fiance and I decided to go over Snoqualmie pass.........that was a huge mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Starting out we had left Olympia and went to Portland and then along I84 east to Hermiston and then up and over to Moscow. On the way back we decided to try the pass. Well everything was fine and we got up to the top of the pass and there was an avalanche about 1/4 mile ahead of us. We waited there in the snow on the pass for about 2 1/2 hours before they turned everyone around and sent us back down the pass back the way we came. We looked all over in Cle Ellum trying to find a motel.....no dice there. We had to drive to back to Ellensburg and finally found one that had 1 room left. While we were signing the motel paperwork the phone rang 5 times and the desk clerk kept saying "no sorry, no more rooms", we got lucky there. This morning we ended up going down to Yakima and going wet on Hwy12 till we were able to get back north to Olympia. And the passes are still closed the last I checked. What started out as a 675 mile 2 day round trip vehicle check ended up being about an 1050 mile 3 day get stuck in the pass trip, but finally we are home.  ;D Oh yeah the Charger is sweet too.... :D I will be going back this coming weekend to pick it up as I like to make sure I take my time in deciding if I want it....which I do.  :D

Telvis

Except for the wheels it's identical to the car my Mom had when I was a kid. She bought it brand new off the showroom floor at Dodge World in Louisville, KY. It was our first brand new car. I still remember that day well. It was our first car with shoulder belts. It sounds silly but it was a big deal to me then.

TruckDriver

I hope that guy wont sell it out under you for a higher price. Throw some Crager SS wheels with 60s on it and that will look way cool!  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

694spdRT

My friend's '74 SE had the factory road wheels with trim rings and it looked very good too.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

The Ghoul

wate a tick.
you picked up a charger, drove it all the way up a mountan.. with your girl in another car so you cant here her yackking. then you dorve it down the moutan (with no break problems wich would involve the car going off said mountan) and got a motell for the night with your girl. then got the car all the way home (again minus the yackatty yack)????
sounds like a great trip to me.
congrats on the buy.. sounds like a more than fare price.

Troy

Quote from: cudaeh on January 30, 2006, 09:17:36 PM
wate a tick.
you picked up a charger, drove it all the way up a mountan.. with your girl in another car so you cant here her yackking. then you dorve it down the moutan (with no break problems wich would involve the car going off said mountan) and got a motell for the night with your girl. then got the car all the way home (again minus the yackatty yack)????

He didn't get the car yet so I'd say the drive included his fiance the entire way.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Grizzly

Yes, I did not physically bring it back with me....the car that is. I went out to view it and look for specific information on the car, it's condition and such. I found all to my liking and will be going back to bring it back with me this next weekend. I knew this was going to be an adventure, but not to this magnitude. I think this vehicle will be just what the doctor ordered for me. I like to make sure I have time to reflect and decide and not make an impulse purchase. I have known about this vehicle for some time and now know even more and have made the verbal agreement for the purchase from the fella who owns it. He is retiring to San Antonio Tx. and wanted to makes sure that who ever he sold it too, wasn't going to destroy the car he has had for 33 years. I can understand that.....kinda like a family member.

The Ghoul

Quote from: Troy on January 30, 2006, 09:59:44 PM
Quote from: cudaeh on January 30, 2006, 09:17:36 PM
wate a tick.

He didn't get the car yet so I'd say the drive included his fiance the entire way.

Troy

good ol 3rd grade redin skilz workin for me again.

71bee

sounds like quite the adventure, and with a happy ending. I am also looking at a '73 SE Brougham for the wife. it has the 318 as well but it's a little rough. not too bad, but new paint wouldn't hurt. this guy is only asking $800.00 to drive it home.

Silver R/T

nice story, Im sure youre happy with the buy and having fiance with you that seems like approves of your hobby
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Nacho-RT74

I remember you posted once that car. It looks great ? is unrestored ?

I'm asking that for one reason... looking at the rear lowe section of quarter panel I'm seeing the lower body line doesn't match with rear valence. I have seen someones matching, and another ones a little bit lower than this one. My body man made this area like this one. what one is the real one ? mostly of pics I have seen with the body line ending between valence corner and bumper corner but I don't know about that since everyone is a different height

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Grizzly

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 31, 2006, 08:45:35 AM
I remember you posted once that car. It looks great ? is unrestored ?

I'm asking that for one reason... looking at the rear lowe section of quarter panel I'm seeing the lower body line doesn't match with rear valence. I have seen someones matching, and another ones a little bit lower than this one. My body man made this area like this one. what one is the real one ? mostly of pics I have seen with the body line ending between valence corner and bumper corner but I don't know about that since everyone is a different height

Actually I don't remember having posted this picture before, but I could be wrong. I crawled underneath this car for some time on Sunday and found nothing out of line. The vehicle is unrestored though the engine has been rebuilt about 20K ago. I could be wrong, but it might simply be the angle on that photo, causing it to look that way.

Grizzly

Well I was all set to buy it and then I had to decline because of some things happening in my life right now. I had the money and then BAM, it went away. I cannot believe it! Sometimes I cannot understand how things in my life work the way that they do. The owner was very nice very up front and motivated to sell and now I can't do it. If some one wants a helluva 318 car ya oughta try and get a hold of this guy. He was so disappointed that I couldn't buy it. The car is family to him it seemed like and he wanted it to go to a good home. MAN, I wanted it!!! Crap, crap crap!!! Anyways, I am done griping.....nice car folks, very nice car if you live in or around Moscow Idaho.  :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad:

PocketThunder

Awe c'mon!!!   Buy the damn thing.  $6000 and you cant swing it?  Get a small loan...... put off the wedding for another year....tell your fiance to get a second job...... :icon_smile_big:

Reading thru this thread looking for the happy ending turned out to be like the dream i had the other night where i was getting busy with Brooke Burke and when i woke up the sheets were all wet.... :rotz:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Grizzly

You have no idea how disappointed I am......I had the money in hand..........in hand..... and then found out I couldn't. I am not going into details, but... crap.