News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well he wants a divorce......

Started by Wheels of Terror, May 02, 2012, 01:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels of Terror

He still claims he didn't cheat. He said we were seperated and according to Florida law you don't need paperwork for a seperation. So its tecnically not cheating. To me morally it is. I'm so heartbroken. I'm moving out sometime next week. Thank you again everyone for the support. It's cool to know we can talk about fun and serious stuff.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

Fred

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on May 06, 2012, 08:00:31 PM
He still claims he didn't cheat. He said we were seperated and according to Florida law you don't need paperwork for a seperation. So its tecnically not cheating. To me morally it is. I'm so heartbroken. I'm moving out sometime next week. Thank you again everyone for the support. It's cool to know we can talk about fun and serious stuff.

I wish you well. :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Good luck in moving on, wish you the best.  :cheers:  to a better future.

1970Moparmann

You'll get through this and feel much better as time heals.  Keep your head up and you'll find someone that deserves you for who you are.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Alaskan_TA

Married + another partner that way = cheating.

Flowers for you.

Wheels of Terror

Thank you Alaskan TA! I love purple. :icon_smile_big:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Dodge Avenger

Alaskan_TA

Good, 'love' is still in your heart then. You will get past this do just fine.  :yesnod:

chargersb71

Cruise with another woman there is no way I would do that to my wife.  She has always stood by my side.  I wouldn't worry about him if that is the way he thinks you are better off without him.

lisiecki1

I've told many people this, and although I've only been around for 33 years, I've seen it turn out true A LOT more than false:

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, until you jump over there and realize you have to mow it."
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Indygenerallee

Very true Lisiecki1, I said that to my EX when I found out she was screwing around on me. She told me this guy had money and would buy her a big house and new car, I told her he was talking with his dick and have fun with that vision of grandeur, One year later he was gone and done left her, I asked her how that new house and car worked out!! :smilielol: (he has since then married 3 times screwed around on every wife and he is 31! Daddy own a construction business and he was the only child, enough said) She had 2 kids with him and he got off scott free not paying child support yet I still pay on both my children!? (another matter altogether!) I maried way too young and I am paying dearly for it now,
You are lucky you do not have children with him as that aggrevates the situation even more! Keep your head up and don't take any crap! :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

2Gunz

Wheels of Terror..........

I dont know you and I dont know your situation.

But I do know one thing.

You need a lawyer and you need to plan on taking him to the cleaners.

Once the divorce is over and you still wish to be nice..... then gift him things back.

Money brings out the worst in people. Every time.

A few years back a very good friend of mine (who is no longer anything to me) decided to cheat on his wife and then get a divorce.

He played very nice to her face. Was going to help, leave her the car, the kids and pay support, blah blah blah.

He secretly had an a very good attorney.  He ended up with the 3 kids, and EVERYTHING, PLUS paying him child support. Then left her with the debt they had.

She was blindsided, and intimidated by the court system and overwellmed with everything.

That was 8 years ago, and she is still fighting him and the system.

Please, please for you, consult a divorce lawyer. Maybe you dont need it.....  but at least have a plan.

Dont be the victim in this case. Be the one with the power to be "nice" as YOU see fit.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on May 06, 2012, 08:00:31 PM
He still claims he didn't cheat. He said we were seperated and according to Florida law you don't need paperwork for a seperation. So its tecnically not cheating.

What a piece of crap, if he's justifying then he cheated - sorry to say  :rotz:

You sound like a sweet loving person, one whom deserves much better, oh and you're a MOPAR gal, you'll have guys lining up to take you out  :yesnod:

dkn1997

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on May 03, 2012, 04:16:19 PM
I really love him and respect him so I would never say anything negative. We aren't even fighting. I am moving out and he gets the house. I lost what I wanted. Him. Money and possesions mean nothing. I have a full time good job. A place to live is replaceable.

Divorce is beset with emotion and it's impossible for you to remove that from your thought process. 

You know what's important to you now, but you are a mess right now.  Anyone would be.  You need to leverage this divorce to satisfy your wants and needs down the road, long after you have recovered emotionally from this.  This is why you need to get a lawyer and do what he says.  Not to stick it to this guy, but to prevent you from kicking yourself in a year, wondering what the hell you were thinking. 

Your husband dealt you a shitty hand but that doesn't mean you fold and walk away from the table empty handed.  You sound nice and it seems like you look for the best in people.  You don't have to lose that in order to get what's rightfully yours.  That's why you hire someone to do it for you.

On a personal note... do you know why "they" say 'time heals all wounds?'  because it's true.  cliche's become cliche's because they're true. About that "technically not cheating" shit he's trying to pedal... you'd think a guy taking all that testosterone would have more balls than that.
RECHRGED

ChargerD100

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on May 02, 2012, 02:19:22 PM
Maybe down the road I can find myself a Mopower man. You know a real man.... :icon_smile_big:

Hellooooo.  :P
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

Fred

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on May 02, 2012, 02:19:22 PM
Maybe down the road I can find myself a Mopower man. You know a real man.... :icon_smile_big:

That would be me (ask anyone) but I'm spoken for.  :drive:

nvrbdn

but fred, you are down the road and a little boat ride or a long swim :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Wheels of Terror

I'm honestly shocked how much support I'm getting from friends, family and all of you. Thank you so much. I'm in my apartment now with my two cats and dog. He kept the other two dogs. It's been a hard adjustment for them. All the cats and dogs got along great so I think they miss each other.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Dodge Avenger

Dino

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on May 16, 2012, 01:18:49 PM
I'm honestly shocked how much support I'm getting from friends, family and all of you. Thank you so much. I'm in my apartment now with my two cats and dog. He kept the other two dogs. It's been a hard adjustment for them. All the cats and dogs got along great so I think they miss each other.

That's wrong to split them up.  He cheated on you, go get your dogs back.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

71 b-body charger

Quote from: Dino on May 16, 2012, 01:22:32 PM
Quote from: Wheels of Terror on May 16, 2012, 01:18:49 PM

That's wrong to split them up.  He cheated on you, go get your dogs back.
I Agree go get your dogs back, Im sorry to hear about all that happened but you do deserve better then that.
1972 Charger SE

Chryco Psycho

Hang in there , I am sure you can find a car guy who will treat you better .
I am thinking you may not have room in an apartment for all the animals !!

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 16, 2012, 09:08:57 AM
but fred, you are down the road and a little boat ride or a long swim :smilielol:

Yeah but not forever!  :icon_smile_big:  What happened to you by the way? Waited as long as I could.  :slap: