News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the difference between 1969 and 1970 Charger seat tracks?

Started by MaximRecoil, May 04, 2012, 08:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximRecoil

Will 1970 Charger seat tracks mount to a 1969 Charger floor without any modifications?

bull

I believe 68-69 are the same but 70 is one off. The only reason I say that is because BE&A sells new '70 B-body seat tracks but makes no mention of 68-69.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: bull on May 04, 2012, 09:22:11 PM
I believe 68-69 are the same but 70 is one off. The only reason I say that is because BE&A sells new '70 B-body seat tracks but makes no mention of 68-69.

PG Classic sells 1968/1969 seat tracks, and they also sell 1970 seat tracks as a different item; and I've read that 1970 seat tracks are different than '68/'69; but regardless of that, I just need to know if 1970 seat tracks will physically fit in a 1969 without modifications. I don't see why they wouldn't, since when you buy replacement front floor pans (like from AMD), they are for a "66-70 B-Body", which should mean that 66-70 B-Body seat tracks will physically fit 66-70 B-Body floor pans.

red69superbee

i dont know, but maybe it has to do with how it bolts to the seat itself.? They are high back seats as compared to the 68/69 seats

MaximRecoil

Quote from: red69superbee on May 04, 2012, 10:00:45 PM
i dont know, but maybe it has to do with how it bolts to the seat itself.? They are high back seats as compared to the 68/69 seats

Maybe. That wouldn't be a problem in my case though because I'd be using a 1970 seat as well.

red69superbee

jaak

When I had the 69 parts car, it had 70 buckets bolted in with no modifications to the tracks or floor pans.

Jason

MaximRecoil

Quote from: jaak on May 04, 2012, 10:59:42 PM
When I had the 69 parts car, it had 70 buckets bolted in with no modifications to the tracks or floor pans.

Jason

Yeah, my 1969 has a 1970 bucket seat too (it was like that when I got it), but I don't know if the seat tracks are 1969 or 1970, because I still don't know the difference between the two. Just going from pictures online they look the same.

However, I figure that since the floorpans are apparently interchangeable from 1966 to 1970 (judging by AMD's site anyway), then I shouldn't have any problem bolting 1970 seat tracks to the floor of my 1969.

moparfan53

As mentioned above, the difference is in how the seat mounts to the track. Here is a site that explain the difference in the 6 way seat tracks, however I am pretty sure the same applies to the standard seat tracks. I can't see you having any problems. :2thumbs:

http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm

kab69440

You can drop higbacks right on to a pair of 69 tracks. I have no idea what the difference would be.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

MaximRecoil

Quote from: kab69440 on May 05, 2012, 01:50:50 PM
You can drop higbacks right on to a pair of 69 tracks. I have no idea what the difference would be.

That's interesting. Maybe there is no functional difference between '69 and '70 seat tracks, but rather a cosmetic difference or some other type of difference that doesn't affect function and/or application. Kind of like how 1970 floorpans have a drain plug in a different location than on 1969s (or so I've read), but it doesn't affect their interchangeability.

SmashingPunkFan

Quote from: bull on May 04, 2012, 09:22:11 PM

Where is this at?, cause I'd like to get some for my 70. What do they go for?
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.

SmashingPunkFan

Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.

hokesters

I know on my 74 challenger the seat brackets are different I tried to fit them into my 1970 charger and the holes would not line up. I believe the seats are basically the same just the mounting brackets are different.

hokesters

Does anybody have  seat brackets for 1970 charger for sale

A383Wing

the floor pans are the same 66-70...seats will bolt right into existing holes. Challenger floor pan seat mounting holes are different

Ghoste

Is it maybe the the top half that is different on the 70 models?  After all the seat changed a little didn't it?

green69rt

Yes, the floors from AMD are for 68-70 but...they do not come with the holes for mounting the outboard tracks predrilled.  Maybe because there is a difference in the spacing of the mounting studs :shruggy:

Cooter

I have bolted 1968-69 High back/headrest seats to a 1970 Floor before without problems.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Hey Cooter, did you bolt the 68-69 seat to 70 seat tracks or the entire seat assembly with tracks into a 70?

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Ghoste on July 08, 2013, 06:49:25 PM
Is it maybe the the top half that is different on the 70 models?  After all the seat changed a little didn't it?

I really think it must be that.