News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Market that low? Come on,,,,

Started by hemi68charger, May 06, 2012, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Market that low? Come on, $86,100? Or, is mine that pathetic? I know a lot of you have been following this latest edition of the "Troy trade"... Looks like I'll be keeping my V2 and not getting the other one at this rate.. May try a broker this time. Guess people want me to give it away? OK ok...... Yes, I know some out there would love for me to give it away...  :icon_smile_big:

I'll just save up and put a 426 Hemi in it or sell the 500 and use the money for a R/T and 426......  :D

EDIT: It was my ebay auction that got only to $86,100 for the Daytona, sorry for any confusion....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

I'll be first in line when you decide to give it away....

Bryan  (might be a long wait, huh?)

Davtona

What car sold for $86,100? Hard to follow you here.

jaak

Quote from: Davtona on May 06, 2012, 09:24:31 PM

I think he put it on eBay and that was the highest bid he got on it.

Jason

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparstuart

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:oh and i'll also get in line for the raffle   :whistling: :wave: :wave:  :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

you are bringing the popcorn Stu....unless you ate it all

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: jaak on May 06, 2012, 10:09:31 PM
Quote from: Davtona on May 06, 2012, 09:24:31 PM

I think he put it on eBay and that was the highest bid he got on it.

Jason

:2thumbs:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Hemi Runner

Very hard to follow... was it the 500 listed in your sig? Those cars may be rare, but they just don't set themselves apart from a standard charger enough to interest me much.

WINGIN IT

The market simply ain't what it used to be...
And unless someone is getting in on the ground floor, most  buyers would prefer a 4 speed  (no offense to yours of course  ;)   )

72Charger-SE

Out of curiosity... what 'should' the car bring in a 'good' market?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemi Runner on May 07, 2012, 07:42:38 AM
Very hard to follow... was it the 500 listed in your sig? Those cars may be rare, but they just don't set themselves apart from a standard charger enough to interest me much.

Sorry, it was my Daytona.......

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on May 07, 2012, 08:01:30 AM

That's as "debatable" apparently as the Presidential debates......  But ultimately, it boils down to what someone's willing to spend..............
Troy

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 06, 2012, 09:18:04 PM
or sell the 500

Hopefully the stars will be aligned and i can buy it .  :drool5:

1970Moparmann

Troy,

I can hook you up with a consignment place in Chicago who is very connected into Mopar collectors.  He sells majority of his cars overseas.  PM me if interested.

On a side note, each time I look at a picture of your car, in my head I add up any possible way to get to a close amount to buy it off of you, and it never works.  I wish I could come up with the $$ - LOVE YOUR CAR.

On day in the future I hope to have a wing car :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

69charger2002

well it's surely worth way more tha 86k. you only get a select few of potential buyers on a car like that during a random 1 week ebay auction. cars like that usually sell through major auction houses in person. that car is very nice and it will sell. it just takes that ONE person, of course you know that. Keep plugging away, it will eventually find it's correct home. i'd love to have it, but i just can't pay 6 figures for a car.. any car. if there ever was one, a hemi orange daytona would be ideal.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on May 07, 2012, 08:01:30 AM

That's as "debatable" apparently as the Presidential debates......  But ultimately, it boils down to what someone's willing to spend..............
[/quote]

:iagree:
It's all about getting the right azz for the seat.  Some people want a fun driveable car, and with the mods Troy has done , that's what they would get. Some want exact factory specs and just have it to collect and occasionally show.   The former might appeal to the European market if the video of that guy floggin' is Charger in Finland (or was it Germany?) is any indication... ;D

Highbanked Hauler

The market simply ain't what it used to be...

I think that is what it is  also, the customer base  is changing. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

nascarxx29

It comes down to what one will offer and other can accept :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Aero426

An Ebay auction on a car is rarely a barometer of the market.   It is a classified ad.  No more, no less.    

Troy, it has been suggested in the recent past that the best thing you can do for the short term is take the car off the market.   I agree with this.

Also, I feel that the continuous discussion of failed marketing efforts DOES have the potential to unfairly devalue your car.    It has been on the market too long.  It is like a stale real estate listing.   If I may be blunt, the threads like this can plant the IMPRESSION that something is wrong with your car and that the market MIGHT really be that bad.   All of us here know that your Daytona is a fine machine.    I don't think the market is that bad, although it is still softer than you would like. 

Enough of us know the car is available.  Eventually I can see it selling through word of mouth.  

Indygenerallee

You ever tried taking it to Mecum or BJ??? I would try that first! Only luck I have ever had selling a vehicle on Ebay was a Rollback I sold about 2 years ago and that was it, I tried selling a "Fast and the Furious" Green Mitsubishi Eclipse I built back in 2004 and nothing but kids bidding it up with monopoly money.....
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on May 07, 2012, 12:56:26 PM
An Ebay auction on a car is rarely a barometer of the market.   It is a classified ad.  No more, no less.    

Troy, it has been suggested in the recent past that the best thing you can do for the short term is take the car off the market.   I agree with this.

Also, I feel that the continuous discussion of failed marketing efforts DOES have the potential to unfairly devalue your car.    It has been on the market too long.  It is like a stale real estate listing.   If I may be blunt, the threads like this can plant the IMPRESSION that something is wrong with your car and that the market MIGHT really be that bad.   All of us here know that your Daytona is a fine machine.    I don't think the market is that bad, although it is still softer than you would like.  

Enough of us know the car is available.  Eventually I can see it selling through word of mouth.  

I hear ya Doug.. The time I have to get the other one is limited... But, if it's meant to be, it will... Otherwise... You know................. I still have it.. :)

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 07, 2012, 01:03:58 PM
You ever tried taking it to Mecum or BJ??? I would try that first! Only luck I have ever had selling a vehicle on Ebay was a Rollback I sold about 2 years ago and that was it, I tried selling a "Fast and the Furious" Green Mitsubishi Eclipse I built back in 2004 and nothing but kids bidding it up with monopoly money.....

I hear that the fees and consignment percentages are crazy expensive..  I'd have to reserve the car for MUCH higher dollars to get what I need and you see where the market is now...
Troy

WINGIN IT

"The market simply ain't what it used to be..."

" I think that is what it is  also, the customer base  is changing.  "

"It comes down to what one will offer and other can accept  "

Market saturation ( per Doug's reply)

I agree with all of the above .

Same with the F6 auto Daytona in Indiana (and in the For Sale section ).  :Twocents:
I'm sure it'll sell eventually.

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 07, 2012, 01:42:55 PM

Same with the F6 auto Daytona in Indiana (and in the For Sale section ).  :Twocents:
I'm sure it'll sell eventually.

Yeap... That's my friend's F6.. We hung out with each other at the last AeroWarriors Meet at Talladega...
Troy

cdr

well troy i am sorry to hear that your car has not sold,but we can put a 4 speed in & paint it green.if that dont work for ya i'd be glad to come get that car out of your way :yesnod:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr