News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona 4 sale XX29L9B400569

Started by 65post, May 12, 2012, 10:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: surmanajaja on May 15, 2012, 10:08:34 AM
cool car, worth the 68k thats it bid now, but I wouldnt even think to pay the "buy it now", looks to me like it has problems under the paint. of course could be just the pics but I like better both the other daytonas I saw on the market today.

The part I like about it, from the pictures, is the rear valance seams.... They aren't filled in like what a lot of people did back in the day when there was damage or rust repair... Looks nice.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

held1823

it will be interesting to see where the bidding ends.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Golden-Arm

DPL

$68 seems awfully low to me.  I know we're in a bit of a slump car-value wise but doesn't this seem unusual?  I would have thought eBay would bring some serious bidders for a car like this.
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 17, 2012, 07:32:36 PM
QuoteI like seeing these cars being ( outside the ring ) and being used as a day two ( street machine )

me too  :cheers:

:iagree:, groom to reliable and repaint with limited disassembly, drive and have fun (2-15k).
:Twocents:
Fairly close to my bothered number of 60...   :drool5: :rotz:

70 Charger RT

Does the dataplate normally have rivits?  I thought they all were fastened with phillips screws?
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

moparstuart

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on June 18, 2012, 08:39:48 AM
Does the dataplate normally have rivits?  I thought they all were fastened with phillips screws?
not correct , but the way they disappear  i dont blame him for doing it 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

A buddy of mine past on this car.. Believe the owner wants a solid $120K or so...........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Old Moparz

I love yellow, but "taxicab yellow" isn't working for me.   :lol:  

Although I still wouldn't object to owning it.   :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

GOTWING

Thought it looked familiar, it's on "bring a trailer.com" with many replies about it..

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 18, 2012, 09:26:28 AM
I love yellow, but "taxicab yellow" isn't working for me.   :lol:  

Although I still wouldn't object to owning it.   :D

Ha, you and me both Bob    ;D :yesnod:

The missing corner trim on the rear window is a bit bothersome.. nothing some tin foil and an  oragami expert couldn't handle ... :D

DPL

Does anyone know what happened with this car??
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

hergfest

It's still for sale, owner has lowered the price.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hergfest on June 27, 2012, 12:16:58 AM

Yeap, owner called my Buddy.... Who knows, maybe I'll be helping restore this thing... I'll have to get over the envy briefly being that it's a 4-speed..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 27, 2012, 07:15:38 AM

Yeap, owner called my Buddy.... Who knows, maybe I'll be helping restore this thing... I'll have to get over the envy briefly being that it's a 4-speed..  :icon_smile_big:
buy it troy you could have matching yellow aero cars

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on June 27, 2012, 08:44:21 AM

Hell, I can't even sell the nice Daytona I have in order to get the Y2
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 27, 2012, 09:04:16 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 27, 2012, 08:44:21 AM

Hell, I can't even sell the nice Daytona I have in order to get the Y2
I hear ya !!!!!

hotrod98

Troy, You have a very nice car. I think that you should convert your car to a 4 speed and just save all of the auto stuff to go with the car if you ever sell it. In the long run it will be much cheaper than selling your nice car and taking the risk of buying a 4 speed car that may have issues. I don't think that it would affect the value of the car that much since it can be easily reversed.
If your car is the one that has the GV, you can buy the GV tail housing for a 4 speed.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 27, 2012, 10:00:44 AM
Troy, You have a very nice car. I think that you should convert your car to a 4 speed and just save all of the auto stuff to go with the car if you ever sell it. In the long run it will be much cheaper than selling your nice car and taking the risk of buying a 4 speed car that may have issues. I don't think that it would affect the value of the car that much since it can be easily reversed.
If your car is the one that has the GV, you can buy the GV tail housing for a 4 speed.
Or just put the 5 or 6 speed tremec in it , less convertion . Dont need a tranny hump and just one hole for  the shifter ,  Still uses your automatic console just get the 4 speed shifter plate .   :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on June 27, 2012, 10:23:16 AM
Or just put the 5 or 6 speed tremec in it , less convertion . Dont need a tranny hump and just one hole for  the shifter ,  Still uses your automatic console just get the 4 speed shifter plate .   :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

As Silly or anal as it might be, if I was ever to convert the Daytona to a 4-speed (which I doubt I would ever do), I would want the true console and hump...  I would get an overdrive.. but, that 4-speed fix will, more than likely, come from my 500......
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 27, 2012, 12:02:03 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 27, 2012, 10:23:16 AM
Or just put the 5 or 6 speed tremec in it , less convertion . Dont need a tranny hump and just one hole for  the shifter ,  Still uses your automatic console just get the 4 speed shifter plate .   :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

As Silly or anal as it might be, if I was ever to convert the Daytona to a 4-speed (which I doubt I would ever do), I would want the true console and hump...  I would get an overdrive.. but, that 4-speed fix will, more than likely, come from my 500......
here you go troy everything you will need   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:   on the cheap    

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-1968-70-ROAD-RUNNER-CHARGER-4-SPEED-PISTOL-GRIP-CONVERSON-KIT-383-440-/310410426142?hash=item4845e7371e&item=310410426142&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_2689wt_1156

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on June 28, 2012, 11:44:06 AM
here you go troy everything you will need   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:   on the cheap    

Well,, as it turns out, I already have everything for a '69 console conversion.. I would just need to have my 4-speed gearbox serviced. The only thing I'm lacking is the 4speed top plate and driver's side molding.  But, that is a good package there.....
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 28, 2012, 12:01:20 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 28, 2012, 11:44:06 AM

Well,, as it turns out, I already have everything for a '69 console conversion.. I would just need to have my 4-speed gearbox serviced. The only thing I'm lacking is the 4speed top plate and driver's side molding.  But, that is a good package there.....
i need the drivers side molding for my console also , hard to find piece

DPL

Well my offer on this Daytona is in and solid but I am still not part of the group (Daytona owners group that is).  Maybe soon.  Who knows.  The owner of this car is doing what everyone would do, try to get the most out of it.  But I like many these days won't overpay.  Maybe a little luck will come my way!
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code