News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona 4 sale XX29L9B400569

Started by 65post, May 12, 2012, 10:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

Did this one find a new owner?

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

DPL

Not yet.  Owner is having a hard time parting with it for what it is worth today. 
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

hemi68charger

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on July 15, 2012, 04:09:20 PM
Did this one find a new owner?

Dave

Nope, my Buddy got a call from her a couple of days ago stating it was still available...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGIN IT

Ok, well time to let "THE CAT" out of the bag ( just reading the Steve Roper comic post, thought it was appropriate)  :icon_smile_big:

I am now the very proud owner of this Daytona.
Sorry to disappoint those that were also vying for it.
I didn't think in a million years I would end up with a Daytona, always thought it would be a Superbird.
But it's been a looong time looking, that's for sure.
And let me tell you it was no easy task to get.
I am genuinely surprised the deal went through- there were lots of obstacles.

And be sure I'll have questions and querys along the way.
Hoping to learn more, make new acquaintances, and share anything new I can with the group.

Speaking of which I will be starting a new post in the next few days with  some very cool docs found in the car.
No telling for those who were privvy - you know who you are .. :D

Will give everyone the low-down in the new post  :2thumbs:

Aero426

Congrats to you.   You'll enjoy the experience.

FJ5WING

I cant wait to follow the threads progress and any future threads!
wingless now, but still around.

Beep Beep Dave

Awesome! So you have it home now?
I can't wait to hear all the details :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

WINGIN IT

It is with a "caretaker" now, I'll share the details in the new post.  ;)

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nascarxx29

:cheers: Congrats way to go.Heres whats on the ship list  400569   344         King Dodge Inc Portland   8/29/1969
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGIN IT

Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 05, 2012, 11:30:10 AM
:cheers: Congrats way to go.Heres whats on the ship list  400569   344         King Dodge Inc Portland   8/29/1969

Appreciate it. Thanks for the info.
Makes sense . Looks like it was an Oregon car it's whole life ( until about a week ago  :icon_smile_big:  )
Will have to see if that dealership still exists.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGIN IT

Thanks.
Just searched that address, I see that it is a Salvation Army now...
Not a long-lived dealership if earliest verified date was 69- and closed is 70 .
Must have had a fleet of Daytonas and Superbirds on the lot...    :smilielol:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

DPL

AHHH!  I guess I can stop waiting by the phone now.  I guess it isn't my time to join the aerozone.  I thought it was fate when an all original yellow 4 speed Daytona not more than 200 miles from my place cropped up.

I was $5k off their bottom line.  I just couldn't do it!  I shoulda done it!!

Congrats to you Winginit.  I think you got yourself a real gem there.
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

Gary42

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 14, 2012, 11:27:43 AM
He said his reserve was less than the BIN price.

So what are you guys thinking of as far as as a price?  $100K?
If it is indeed number's matching and the body is in good shape,and is a nice driver,   I can't see it going for much less.  4 speed and disc brakes are a big plus, (not to mention those painted to match vector rims  :D )

That Y2 automatic a while back needed more work and I believe that one got bid in the 80s.

This is an awesome car, see it most every day, lol.......
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

FJ5WING

I hope we can get some pictures soon.

WINGIN IT, Is this your introduction into a wing car? You'll LOVE and HATE the attention while driving around minding you own buisness.  :dance: Just be on guard for the lookies who stop paying attention and begin migrating into your lane of travel. :mcride:
wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on September 05, 2012, 10:35:49 AM
It is with a "caretaker" now, I'll share the details in the new post.  ;)

How's the body? Couldn't tell much from the bad photos. My Buddy tried to get them to send more pictures, but it was like pulling teeth (don't think he ever did get more pictures). From my eye, it looked rather straight. I noticed the rear valance seam to quarter appeared to be original and not "filled" in, usually an indication of body work being done back there...

Congrat's on the car, a 4-speed car is awesome.........

The newest AB !!!  :nana:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: DPL on September 05, 2012, 08:29:32 PM
AHHH!  I guess I can stop waiting by the phone now.  I guess it isn't my time to join the aerozone.  I thought it was fate when an all original yellow 4 speed Daytona not more than 200 miles from my place cropped up.

Seems like that is always the case. Even though a few hundred/thousand dollars more now seems like the end of the world. Then in 5 years we say dammnn should have bought it cause its tripple the price now.

TiMopar

Congratulations! Good luck with it and looking forward to the new thread ;D

WINGIN IT

Quote from: DPL on September 05, 2012, 08:29:32 PM

DPL I was waiting for you to post. Feel bad, as I know you were in the running too.
Didn't think this deal would go through, lots of hurdles to overcome.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: FJ5WING on September 05, 2012, 10:11:46 PM
I hope we can get some pictures soon.

WINGIN IT, Is this your introduction into a wing car? You'll LOVE and HATE the attention while driving around minding you own buisness.  :dance: Just be on guard for the lookies who stop paying attention and begin migrating into your lane of travel. :mcride:

Ha, yes, first winged thing.
Be an interesting experience for sure- can't wait !
Yes will definitely be on the look out for migrating lookie-lou's.
:yesnod:

WINGIN IT

I'll find out more about the body when it gets stripped for new paint ( going back to Y2 from the  current taxi-cab yellow).
But it is a very solid car. Had some PS quarter work done, and shall we say liberties taken in the nose to let in more fresh air. Floors are real nice, factory undercoated car .  Obviously had some hot roddin' done throughout the years given the paint job, rims, chrome in the engine compartment etc.
Going to try to keep the resto to a minimum. I want a nice driver not a trailer queen.
I haven't downloaded the pics and video yet , but I do have a very interesting document to share and will post shortly.

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on September 06, 2012, 08:52:18 AM
I'll find out more about the body when it gets stripped for new paint ( going back to Y2 from the  current taxi-cab yellow).
But it is a very solid car. Had some PS quarter work done, and shall we say liberties taken in the nose to let in more fresh air. Floors are real nice, factory undercoated car .  Obviously had some hot roddin' done throughout the years given the paint job, rims, chrome in the engine compartment etc.
Going to try to keep the resto to a minimum. I want a nice driver not a trailer queen.
I haven't downloaded the pics and video yet , but I do have a very interesting document to share and will post shortly.

Sounds like a plan, and a good one from a stress and get-her-back-on-the-road point of view.. When the day ever comes to repaint mine, it'll be exterior only. I'm not messing with the undercoating. I'm extremely lucky in that no panels will ever need to be replaced or repaired, so the repaint will be a pretty straight forward process.....
Troy