News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona 4 sale XX29L9B400569

Started by 65post, May 12, 2012, 10:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I remember the day that I drove my bird into my garage for the first time. I just couldn't believe that I finally owned a wing car. Congratulations on finally putting a deal together. I know you had missed out on a couple of wingcars in the past.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

FJ5WING

when I pull my car into the garage the next time its gonna seem like the first time! I havent pulled it into the garage since 2002.  :sleep:
wingless now, but still around.

GOTWING

FJ5WING

Quote from: GOTWING on September 07, 2012, 05:49:11 AM
IT SITS OUTSIDE! :eek2: :flame: :flame:

no its not outside  ;)....Thats the last time I drove the car, Thats when the bearings crapped out and the car sat until 4/09. Then I had it hauled to the first body shop where after 15 months and about 8 invoiced hours I pulled it and handed it to a local upstart restoration shop. Right now I wont accuse them of being speedy thats for sure!!!!!! but the work in amazing and top shelf. there are some issues with holding onto a timeline because they cant leave the quick turn small jobs alone while they work on whats already on the plate.  :flame:
The RR that sits in the priority line before my Bird is a turn key restoration and that seems to be gumming up the works.  :pullinghair:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 06, 2012, 07:52:14 PM
I remember the day that I drove my bird into my garage for the first time. I just couldn't believe that I finally owned a wing car. Congratulations on finally putting a deal together. I know you had missed out on a couple of wingcars in the past.

Thanks Larry.  Been a long time comin'. Still sinking in really. 
Showed the pics to my 9 year old daughter, she really like it.
I know it's in good hands  :D
You and your crew really impressed me, not to mention your hospitality.
Must say I  am jeleous of your layout. Something out of my dreams  :lol:

WINGIN IT

I love this pic of the previous owner's Dad who had the car since '71 .

Just noticed, I don't see the "Daytona" lettering in the stripe at this point in it's life.
It has it now.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

41husk

I assume Larry is doing the work?  If so I know you will be very happy with the finished product! :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

WINGIN IT

It's a lot more yellow than you think.
Yes, Larry is doing the work on it, and I am sure it will be nothing short of spectacular ( no pressure Larry  :icon_smile_big: )

Here is the car during it's "Pre-flight" inspection ... :lol:

GOTWING

Soooooo, what are ya doin with those rims  :D

moparstuart

Quote from: GOTWING on September 10, 2012, 11:08:24 AM
i hope putting them in the dumpster   :eek2: :smilielol: :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJ5WING

I dont know the location of many members yet so forgive me.

did the Daytona go from previous owner to the Larry's shop? Arent you planning on ripping around it for awhile before starting in on your snowball?

Whats a snowball you ask?
thats where it all started with a wounded motor. This was eight years ago two years after I hurt it

closer to paint than this but not in final primer yet.
maybe a little further along closer to paint.

WINGIN IT

Haven't decided yet. Thinking of repainting the yellow sections in a black , and see how that looks.
I will likely go with redline radials and chrome magnum 500s. Always wanted a car with those, and here is my opportunity.  The car originally came with 14" Road wheels ( with trim ring)  and red sidewalls .
So it will be fairly close to the factory look.
You interested in them?

WINGIN IT

Quote from: FJ5WING on September 10, 2012, 01:11:49 PM

did the Daytona go from previous owner to the Larry's shop? Arent you planning on ripping around it for awhile before starting in on your snowball?

Oh I know what you mean by snowball.
Yes the the car went from prev. owner  to Larry's .
It just made sense for a number of reasons:
Season's ending here soon, ( northeast), need to make room, so I have time ,  I wanted Larry to do the car, so why go east then back west , ( waste of dollars that can be spent improving the car). I could go on but you get the idea.

JB400

Cool car Too much yellow for my taste.  To me, yellow should be an accent color, not the primry.  Unfortunately, mines yellow. No, its not a wing car, unfortunately. Orange is the way to go.

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on September 10, 2012, 03:25:58 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on September 10, 2012, 01:11:49 PM

Oh I know what you mean by snowball.
Yes the the car went from prev. owner  to Larry's .
It just made sense for a number of reasons:
Season's ending here soon, ( northeast), need to make room, so I have time ,  I wanted Larry to do the car, so why go east then back west , ( waste of dollars that can be spent improving the car). I could go on but you get the idea.

oh so your all the way in the north east , I think i need to drive about 3 hours south and exercise the car for you   :smilielol: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Yeah, the yellow Vectors are just nasty.  The rest of the car looks fabulous though!

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on September 10, 2012, 03:20:14 PM

Haven't decided yet. Thinking of repainting the yellow sections in a black , and see how that looks.
I will likely go with redline radials and chrome magnum 500s. Always wanted a car with those, and here is my opportunity.  The car originally came with 14" Road wheels ( with trim ring)  and red sidewalls .
So it will be fairly close to the factory look.
You interested in them?
here you go your car reminds me of the Bill Board Daytona , and here you go normal vectors so you can see what it will look like

Ghoste

You know, I just don't like Vectors on anything.  It's one of the things on the GL that turn me off on them too.  That and the push bar.

JB400

Vectors are 10 spokes.  Any more than that and they're called turbines.  Think jet engine. :icon_smile_big:

GOTWING

I agree, they do not look good on any cars, now a custom 70's van that's a different story :yesnod:

JB400

Shag carpeting, porthole windows, and psychodelic paint schemes, got to love em. :icon_smile_big:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 10, 2012, 09:41:46 PM
Vectors are 10 spokes.  Any more than that and they're called turbines.  Think jet engine. :icon_smile_big:

I always called them turbine wheels, but no one knew what I was talkin' about, so I just say Vectors now.

Thanks for the pic Stu, gives me a  good idea what it would look like for sure.
I think I'll go with the chrome magnums.
I have some 14" Road Wheels I  can redo for the factory look, if I wanted to down the road.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: GOTWING on September 11, 2012, 05:19:10 AM
I agree, they do not look good on any cars, now a custom 70's van that's a different story :yesnod:
You got a van to put 'em on there, Hannibal ?  :D
Do you pity the fool who would put them on their car?  :smilielol:

GOTWING

i'll take em for free if you pay the shipping! :smilielol: