News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big Willie died today

Started by BigBlockSam, May 19, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1966hemi

Awesome picture! I can imagine hearing that Charger doing the burnout! The Butcher, gotta love that!

69CoronetRT

Quote from: cdr on July 01, 2012, 11:35:38 AM
WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO BE A BUTCHER TOO---------------

Butchers rule...
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GOTWING

how's this for a butcher job, back in 84 my best friend found a blue w/ white stripe 69 Barracuda formula S notchback 383 4spd. car sitting in a field with no powertrain, he put a built 440 in it and we cut it up to fit the fenderwell headers ! he tossed the original hood in place of a 4 pin lift off hood. :brickwall: Trashed the original front seats and console installed blue 71 charger high back buckets with a pistol grip short shifter. The car was sold in 1988 and has since been completely restored to perfect original condition, i forget how many were made but he was told how rare it was after he sold it.  :eek2:

XS29LA47V21

:eek2:

:puke:

you guys are hurtin' my head (Not in a good way), might as well be watching some drama show, at least there would be chics with bagage or alternatively play with cars... or talk about dem.

Ghoste

The DodgeCharger.com reality show brought to you live each day. :lol:

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Mytur Binsdirti

The great Mr. Willie died a month and a half ago, but this thread wont.  :eek2:

WilliesDaytona

Quote from: dudedart on June 28, 2012, 10:06:55 PM
oh yes he did some good things, i suppose. never met him , so i couldnt as well as many others here say for certain what type of attitude he had, if that make you a decent person. however the fact remain he is, was and always will be a car butcher.
OK big willie was my friend, hero and a great person that is sadley missed by many people he touched in life, you are an idiot if you think willie was wrong for modifying HIS daytonas the way he wanted them, go on and admit after the 3rd or 4th original daytona, roadrunner, duster or yugo dont they seem boring ? you are really going to hate my 28000 mile superbird after i finish it, MY WAY. They are just cars, stupid !

BigBlockSam

QuoteOK big willie was my friend, hero and a great person that is sadley missed by many people he touched in life, you are an idiot if you think willie was wrong for modifying HIS daytonas the way he wanted them, go on and admit after the 3rd or 4th original daytona, roadrunner, duster or yugo dont they seem boring ? you are really going to hate my 28000 mile superbird after i finish it, MY WAY. They are just cars, stupid !

Don from our club owns big willie's Daytona . i wish i had a chance to meet the man .  :cheers: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona Enthusiast

There's a story on Big Willie in the new Traditional ROD and Kulture Illustrated
magazine Summer 2012 issue 30...

Ghoste

I just noticed there are no taillights in the Queen, was it always run that way or was it just like that the day that photo happened to get taken?

Indygenerallee

Looks like there are round trailer tail lights on the very outside of each tail light opening, kinda weird?
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

And, the "Brotherhood of Street Racers" car which Willie was keeping plated but it looks like in his lightening efforts he removed the regular taillights to install those other lights.  Was he flat towing the car to the strip, is it a temporary thing, was it driven on the street that way.  Just wondering.

resq302

Also missing a rear bumper too which I think is required by law.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

cdr

BREAKIN THE LAW,BREAKIN THE LAW
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

69CoronetRT

Quote from: cdr on July 31, 2012, 03:16:22 PM

First a 'butcher' now a 'law breaker'.

:2thumbs: :cheers:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Budnicks

He was a true die hard racer, he probably removed the parts for weight savings or something...  :Twocents:

Budnicks

Quote from: cdr on July 31, 2012, 03:16:22 PM
Judas Priest baby, brings back the 70's to mind..

cdr

Ghoste

Quote from: Budnicks on July 31, 2012, 06:47:48 PM
He was a true die hard racer, he probably removed the parts for weight savings or something...  :Twocents:

Oh I would have no doubt that was his intention.  If you are going to acid dip a car then other items become necessary to remove as well.  I find the taillights intersting in particular though because I thought he had always left those components on his cars.

41husk

Quote from: Ghoste on August 01, 2012, 09:01:55 AM
Quote from: Budnicks on July 31, 2012, 06:47:48 PM

Oh I would have no doubt that was his intention.  If you are going to acid dip a car then other items become necessary to remove as well.  I find the taillights intersting in particular though because I thought he had always left those components on his cars.

:iagree:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up