News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Wow, you can even see them in that light, they must really stand out in the dark.  What is that tach?

Chris 69

XH29N0G

Quote from: Ghoste on April 20, 2014, 07:47:36 PM
Wow, you can even see them in that light, they must really stand out in the dark.  What is that tach?

They stand out in the dark too.  The tach is nothing special (I disassembled a Sun Tach that I had and mounted it in the cluster just because I preferred it there over on/below the dash - It is pretty obvious when looking at it that I blacked out some of the go faster lettering to make it look a little more generic - it works though.)  At some point I will look into more of an OEM looking tach.  Its an XH so it is pretty bare bones interior.  The car was ordered no tach, no clock and radio delete. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

JamieZ

Now that the car is in the garage and one level ground I decided to finish up the last part of the headlight project.  I bought an old school aiming kit off eBay a while back so today I hooked it up and dialed the lights in.

c00nhunterjoe

ODZKing

Had to replace one of the fillers that we broke from being brittle last summer.  What a pain to take all that off again.

ODZKing

So as long as it was all apart, I painted the grilles. My wife has become an expert in taping off items so away she went and I got out the silver argent.  :lol:

myk

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 19, 2014, 07:12:53 PM
Yep. Bolts in the exact same holes as the 69 lid does. As long you have the brackets.   :2thumbs:

OK.  Looks like I'm out to get some short angle brackets and then a '66/67 lid and armrest.  I don't suppose those pieces are being reproduced yet?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ODZKing

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 19, 2014, 05:42:19 PM
I was told it was out of a 67 but I'm not sure what the difference is between a 66 and 67? But it fit almost perfectly and now feels way better with the armrest there.  :2thumbs:
That looks great.   :2thumbs:
That portion of the 66 and 67 armrest is the same both years. after that the console is different between the 2 years.

ODZKing

Here are some pics of the brackets I took for Dino a while back

mowdawg

Spent about 90 minutes trying to get my door to shut completely after the striker went out of adjustment.  Found a great thread about door latches on the forum that helped me.  This place has got everything!

ODZKing

Also had the exhaust and tips installed today.

ottawamerc

Hey Bob those tips are perfect, very nice improvement  :2thumbs: We have to get your better half to teach my better half how to tape and paint! Tell her she did an outstanding job!

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

1973rallye

Rebuilding the entire front suspension on the 340. Because I can't stand to leave grease and grime in place, everything that comes off is getting a new coat of paint.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

myk

Quote from: ODZKing on April 22, 2014, 10:57:41 AM

So with that size of brackets I can install that '66/'67 lid-rest onto my '69 console?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Musicman

ODZKing

Quote from: myk on April 23, 2014, 03:11:33 AM

So with that size of brackets I can install that '66/'67 lid-rest onto my '69 console?
Should. Dino did it. Double check with him.

Rosco

Quote from: myk on April 22, 2014, 08:51:55 AM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 19, 2014, 07:12:53 PM
Yep. Bolts in the exact same holes as the 69 lid does. As long you have the brackets.   :2thumbs:

OK.  Looks like I'm out to get some short angle brackets and then a '66/67 lid and armrest.  I don't suppose those pieces are being reproduced yet?

I think I'll be doing the same, it's a great look!
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

timmycharger

Ive got a set of those brackets on an old console that Im never going to use. PM me if you are interested in them.. sorry to hijack the thread!

Ghoste

Quote from: myk on April 23, 2014, 03:11:33 AM
Quote from: ODZKing on April 22, 2014, 10:57:41 AM

Yes, the console shell is the same as your 69 one.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Back N Black

I installed the RTR Firecore distributor and Schumacher torque strap. :2thumbs:

EccentricMagpies

'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

PlainfieldCharger

Installed new tail light bezels and new tail panel trim corners and took the wife on a 2 hour ride. :2thumbs:

will

Finished cleaning the garage out as I await the deliverey of my car after a nerve racking 22 month hiatus to the great state of Georgia. Delays and illnesses on tha other side led me to an ongoing headache. The car will be picked up on Saturday morning. I have all new (rebuilt and reconditioned) parts taking up residence in various parts of my house. Hopeully I can make serious progress next week, starting with the wiring. Didn't do the engine, $ is a little low. But I have a plan.