News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Quote from: TexasStroker on January 13, 2018, 03:42:54 AM
Great job with the drone footage!

That was cool. A bit long though.
Anyway, It's too damn cold to do anything exact feed my car to the mice.  :brickwall:

303 Mopar

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 13, 2018, 09:59:57 AM
Quote from: TexasStroker on January 13, 2018, 03:42:54 AM
Great job with the drone footage!

That was cool. A bit long though.
Anyway, It's too damn cold to do anything exact feed my car to the mice.  :brickwall:

I actually cut down a lot of footage to get it around 5 min, plus I like the song so.....
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

lloyd3

NHCharger

Engine and tranny are in. Had to recruit the wife for the install.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

looking good !  Can't wait to see that thing in person !

As for what I have done with my charger lately...... well..... I sold it back the beginning of December.  Car is still local to me and is a really nice car guy too so I know it went to a good home.  After 17 years of owning it, I got bored with and decided it was time to let it go to someone who would appreciate it more and get more use out of it than what I was.  My next venture is a 68-70 B body big block convertible.  I'm heading down to Kentucky on Friday to check out a potential new ride for my stable.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

pipeliner

Quote from: resq302 on January 13, 2018, 08:53:12 PM
looking good !  Can't wait to see that thing in person !

As for what I have done with my charger lately...... well..... I sold it back the beginning of December.  Car is still local to me and is a really nice car guy too so I know it went to a good home.  After 17 years of owning it, I got bored with and decided it was time to let it go to someone who would appreciate it more and get more use out of it than what I was.  My next venture is a 68-70 B body big block convertible.  I'm heading down to Kentucky on Friday to check out a potential new ride for my stable.
What part of Ky?

BLK 68 R/T

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

roger440

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

JR

Quote from: roger440 on January 18, 2018, 04:52:15 PM
Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on January 14, 2018, 12:17:11 AM
Installed the '69 Camaro front spoiler.

Pics?

Really close to doing this i think.

Here's mine. It's an easy mod and it looks factory to anyone who doesn't know better. It's commonly reproduced. So when you inevitably bust it over a curb, it's cheap and easy to replace. Plus, it hides the otherwise visible sway bar.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Lennard

I bought a Kenne Bell mammoth blower for my hooptie. :drive:

INTMD8

The Camaro spoiler looks great  :cheers:

Lennard, what engine is in your car?
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Lennard

JR

I discovered a worn out tie rod end this week, so I took the opportunity to upgrade.

I replaced the stock 9/16 units with 11/16 C body tie rod ends, along with some solid steel QA1 adjustment sleeves.

I know alot of guys would say this is overkill and way stronger than necessary, but my car sees frequent hard driving, auto crossing, and 90mph interstate cruising. I'm choosing to err on the side of caution here.

As a plus, these sleeves look awesome.

69wannabe

The weather finally broke 50 degrees today thank goodness!!! I went out and warmed up the shop good with hopes that the charger wouldn't be so stubborn to get started. Last time I ran it was before new years day so it has been a few weeks of really cold and crappy weather here since I have had it out. Just had the battery tender on it and it has been hibernating, once the shop got good and warm and the outside temp warmed up good it started up pretty easy much to my surprise. I knew it would run but when it's been so cold it is a little stubborn about starting in the colder weather. It started up good and I let it run about 10 mins and went around the block with it. Nice to get it out and go for a quick spin at least. Can't wait til the weather get's better and the days get longer again!!!!

timmycharger

I addressed a rear main seal leak and while I was in there I changed out the low hanging 7qt Moroso Oil Pan for a stock 6 qt Hemi pan.  Welded in a K frame skid plate while I was down there as well.

I may have had a oil pan gasket leak this whole time disguised as a rear main seal leak. For some reason when putting the engine together I used a different rear main seal aluminum retainer than I had before. After looking closer, the retainer did not sit flush with the pan rail of the block and had a significant step down. I didn't notice it before but It is clear as day.

I put in the old retainer and once I get the correct pickup tube I can bolt it all back together again.  :cheers:

67440chrg

Above freezing this weekend so I started it let it run for about 10 min. I put new bait on the mouse traps around the out building and put more moth balls and drier sheets in the car.  Cleaned out the coke from the mini fridge that I let freeze and explode.

roger440

Quote from: JR on January 18, 2018, 06:44:43 PM

Pics?

Here's mine. It's an easy mod and it looks factory to anyone who doesn't know better. It's commonly reproduced. So when you inevitably bust it over a curb, it's cheap and easy to replace. Plus, it hides the otherwise visible sway bar.

Love it. Love the stance too :)
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

1st_charger

Installed new shocks and started a list of what I need and need to do to be able to put it on the road.

JR

Quote from: roger440 on January 25, 2018, 04:43:36 PM
Quote from: JR on January 18, 2018, 06:44:43 PM

Pics?

Love it. Love the stance too :)

Thanks! :cheers:

Dino

After making quite a bit of progress, I lost steam and covered it back up. Don't feel like doing anything to it and find myself not even thinking about it anymore. Time to take a break from the Charger world.

JR I did the same as you and got the C body tie rod parts. I used Proforged but same deal basically. I paid less for these parts than I would have for stock parts. No brainer
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BLK 68 R/T

Pics?

Here is mine, also thinking of loosing the front plate. I think they look better without a front plate, although in WA a front plate is required.

JR

Ooh those are nice Dino! They look very high quality.

And the spoiler looks great on yours Blk 68. It makes me wonder why a factory one was never offered. It looks like it belongs there.

Does anyone have a pic of a 67-68 Camaro spoiler installed? I'd like to see the difference once mounted.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: JR on January 26, 2018, 10:37:27 AM

And the spoiler looks great on yours Blk 68. It makes me wonder why a factory one was never offered. It looks like it belongs there.

Does anyone have a pic of a 67-68 Camaro spoiler installed? I'd like to see the difference once mounted.

Thanks!

cdr

Quote from: JR on January 26, 2018, 10:37:27 AM

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr