News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

Quote from: Dino on January 25, 2018, 08:35:14 PM
After making quite a bit of progress, I lost steam and covered it back up. Don't feel like doing anything to it and find myself not even thinking about it anymore. Time to take a break from the Charger world

Oh man, bummer to hear that Dirk.  Hopefully you will be rejuvenated in the near future and back at it.   :cheers:

Obi Ben Dover

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on January 26, 2018, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: roger440 on January 18, 2018, 04:52:15 PM
Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on January 14, 2018, 12:17:11 AM
Installed the '69 Camaro front spoiler.

Pics?

Really close to doing this i think.

Here is mine, also thinking of loosing the front plate. I think they look better without a front plate, although in WA a front plate is required.

Get a collector car plate, they only issue a rear plate for them so no front plate required.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on January 26, 2018, 10:28:45 AM
Here is mine, also thinking of loosing the front plate. I think they look better without a front plate, although in WA a front plate is required.
Maybe you could put one of these on & get away with it?

I liked it on mine (pic from 1994). :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

birdsandbees

Quote from: timmycharger on January 26, 2018, 04:30:36 PM
After making quite a bit of progress, I lost steam and covered it back up. Don't feel like doing anything to it and find myself not even thinking about it anymore. Time to take a break from the Charger world

Oh man, bummer to hear that Dirk.  Hopefully you will be rejuvenated in the near future and back at it.   :cheers:

He's just saving his hands for surgery Tim! He'll get back at it I'm sure... right Dirk !  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Quarterpounder

Replaced floors,recovered seats in black,covered floors and overhead with sound deadner. Installed new black headliner, Installed rear window and stainless trim. Installed interior trim. Replaced door panels. Pulled dash, recovered gauges,Having tic toc tach retrofitted to work with electronic ignition. installed stainless trim at drip rails and belt line. Repaired window regulator rear drivers side. Bought new door handles for each door. exterior. Installed new side marker lights Cut and buffed new black paint. Installed refurbed grille . Refurbed seat runners and installed onto seats. installed seat belt with auto return on each front seat. More cutting and buffing on new paint. Checked all body panels for sharpness,awesome!! lowered rear 2 inches. installed dropped spindles and disc brakes on front . Installed 275x15 rear and 235x15 front, Polished lip 10 inch wheel at rear with 8 1/2" on front.  Painted engine orange,added some chrome and billet parts. That,s about it,for my '68 R/T.

I am working on my '70 Challenger too. It is full custom build, whereas the Charger is for the most part stock

Dino

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 26, 2018, 08:51:42 PM
Quote from: timmycharger on January 26, 2018, 04:30:36 PM

He's just saving his hands for surgery Tim! He'll get back at it I'm sure... right Dirk !  :yesnod:

Oh yeah totally! These things happen and that's okay. It makes coming back to it all the more exciting! It's just time to let it rest for a while and focus on other things...like surgery yes. :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

johnnycharger

Dans 68

While not strictly working on my Charger , I was working on getting my recently acquired Auto Twirler operational for my '68 383 4-bbl 4-speed factor A/C factory 3.55 project. I needed to make a couple of the arms. A lot cheaper than buying new ones - but not including my time of course.  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

twenty mike mike

Parked it in its new home.

Dino

Trying to find the spark again, but not finding it yet. Looks like I've lost more interest in the car than I thought.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dino on February 10, 2018, 08:57:46 PM
Trying to find the spark again, but not finding it yet. Looks like I've lost more interest in the car than I thought.

Sometimes you have to force a jump start by making some progress.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

b5blue

Just let it sit you have had a lot on your plate lately.  :2thumbs:

Bobs69

Quote from: b5blue on February 10, 2018, 09:49:19 PM
Just let it sit you have had a lot on your plate lately.  :2thumbs:

I am in the same boat as you, hoping to rediscover the spark.

BLK 68 R/T

Changed spark plugs, and drove it to work yesterday. Sunny and no wind yesterday, 35 degrees out. Today, woke up to wind blowing sideways and snow....

Draco

Winter months seem to be the hardest to get motivated. When I was work on my restoration I pick one day a week to work on parts or the car.
Thursday was my night and some times I wouldn't get started until 8pm and work for 30 min. or 3 hours depending how thinks got going.
   The biggest spark for me was riding in the TA Challenger at Carlisle on the autocross course. After 20 years I was ready to dump the clutch and melt some rubber.
Sometimes seeing a small gain or buying parts kicks the drive. Steve

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

67tbird

twenty mike mike

Quote from: 67tbird on February 16, 2018, 12:06:21 AM
Quote from: twenty mike mike on February 10, 2018, 03:40:59 PM
Parked it in its new home.
Don't let it turn into a "Hanger Queen"  :lol:

Good one! The weather was nice enough to drive into town for a haircut yesterday. I parked on the street in front of the barbershop, and on a street that has normally pretty sedate traffic, suddenly testosterone was flowing to show how cool their rice burners and pickup trucks are.  :rotz:

BDF

I had a great day in this regard. My new axles from Dr Diff got here this morning, at around 1pm I get news my 489 is ready and the best news of all at 4pm the paint guy called and said my car is ready!
After lunch with pops I'm going to bring it home. :drive: :boogie:

Lost Sheep

Drove my 68 Charger up the block, whipped a 180 turn, and brought it back to its home. Then it snowed that night last Saturday lol.
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

6pkrtse

I started mine yesterday to pull it out of the garage to work on my Daughters Jeep. That was all.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

garner7555

Fabricated seat brackets to use Lexus seats, put a console in from a 2014 Challenger, cleared my tail lights and marker lights to "tint" them, did a front alignment, ect., ect.    Now only 76543879652374 more things to go....
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

BDF

I brought the car home from paint-guy. It is STILL boogered up & needs more cutting/buffing & total clean  :eek2:
I am just relieved to have it back at this point  :brickwall:
(Bad words here)