News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

It finally stopped raining here long enough to get the car out and at least do an oil change on it. I haven't changed the oil since june when I put the engine back in it. Even tho I don't put alot of miles on it I still like to change the oil every 5 or 6 months or when it starts looking a little bit dirty. Also the driver side of my grille had gotten kinda loose so I was able to get a couple of body shims in where it was moving and get it tightened up so that was some more progress that was much needed. Had to go work in Winder Ga. on monday of this week and came back by brasleton and picked up me some new front seat covers from year one. Got my front seats out today and am going to drop them off with the upholestry guy tomorrow so I can get the 68 covers off and the 69 covers on. Once this is paid for i'm going to get the back seat cover and get it done. Doing a little bit at a time since the weather is still pretty crappy here and the charger isn't getting drove much until it dries up a good bit here.

timmycharger

I installed my pistol grip console 4 speed shifter to test out how close my hand gets to the dash in 1st and 3rd gear.  Not terrible actually. I am not totally sure if my mechanism, rods/levers are stock since I got the whole package from Brewers a few years ago but I was expecting my hand to be much closer.

I will take this for a ride and see how it is, but I may just leave it, seen worse  in pics of cars on line.

303 Mopar

Quote from: timmycharger on March 13, 2018, 08:02:54 AM
I installed my pistol grip console 4 speed shifter to test out how close my hand gets to the dash in 1st and 3rd gear.  Not terrible actually. I am not totally sure if my mechanism, rods/levers are stock since I got the whole package from Brewers a few years ago but I was expecting my hand to be much closer.

I will take this for a ride and see how it is, but I may just leave it, seen worse  in pics of cars on line.

Do you remember what shifter mechanism you installed?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

timmycharger

I don't as it was a few years ago sorry.  I told Brewers when I bought it that I had a 1969 dog leg shifter at the time that was drilled like a bolt in style. He sent me a bolt in style mechanism with the positive stops on each side.   

It didn't look like the 70 specific one if I remember correctly, with the long "finger".

VegasCharger

Quote from: timmycharger on March 13, 2018, 08:02:54 AM
.....I will take this for a ride and see how it is, but I may just leave it, seen worse  in pics of cars on line.

Cool deal Mike. Looks good.  :2thumbs:

Hey, what's going on here? (see red arrow in pic).

:cheers:

timmycharger

Thanks Bryan!   That would be the 8 track selector knob/ button. Changes the tracks when pushed  :2thumbs:

jwells1993

got my motor ready to go into the car just waitin on new motor mounts :RantExplode:
keep on keepin on

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 69wannabe on February 23, 2018, 10:43:23 PM
It finally stopped raining here long enough to get the car out and at least do an oil change on it. I haven't changed the oil since june when I put the engine back in it. Even tho I don't put alot of miles on it I still like to change the oil every 5 or 6 months or when it starts looking a little bit dirty. Also the driver side of my grille had gotten kinda loose so I was able to get a couple of body shims in where it was moving and get it tightened up so that was some more progress that was much needed. Had to go work in Winder Ga. on monday of this week and came back by brasleton and picked up me some new front seat covers from year one. Got my front seats out today and am going to drop them off with the upholestry guy tomorrow so I can get the 68 covers off and the 69 covers on. Once this is paid for i'm going to get the back seat cover and get it done. Doing a little bit at a time since the weather is still pretty crappy here and the charger isn't getting drove much until it dries up a good bit here.

Rain. ?  Have not seen that in 4 or 5 Months. We don't get snow anymore in Kansas.

VegasCharger

Quote from: jwells1993 on March 14, 2018, 03:04:40 PM
got my motor ready to go into the car just waitin on new motor mounts :RantExplode:

There fixed it for you. :cheers:

brad mcintyre

started both of them

69wannabe

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 15, 2018, 07:00:59 PM
Quote from: 69wannabe on February 23, 2018, 10:43:23 PM

Rain. ?  Have not seen that in 4 or 5 Months. We don't get snow anymore in Kansas.

Dude it has rained here 3 or 4 days a week since january. My back yard has been nothing but a mud hole for the last three months. Since it has gotten a bit warmer here and we have more daylight now it is beginning to dry up alot quicker than in the cooler temps. Finally got dry enough to drive the charger out so I drove it friday and today some. I hasn't been drove since I did the oil change on it almost a month ago. Will be so glad when it finally warms up and dries out some here, got alot to do but the weather is holding up progress!!!!

69wannabe

Got my front seat covers done and back into the car, looks great now and glad to get some 69 covers in there now. Ordered my rears and they showed up thursday so I need to get them out and get them to the upholstery guy so he can get the rear seat done and all the seats will be nice and new and all be 69 covers finally....

NHCharger

Working on reassembly.
First test drive tomorrow.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

6pkrtse

Changed my oil, filter, plugs, cap, rotor and wires on my red Charger getting it ready for when the weather finally breaks around here. Still snowing at night and salt on the main roads.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

G-man

Quote from: timmycharger on March 13, 2018, 07:35:43 PM
Thanks Bryan!   That would be the 8 track selector knob/ button. Changes the tracks when pushed  :2thumbs:

Hold on a sec... red arrow, you holding shifter and when pushed tracks change...

The gearshifter changes your cd's???  :errr:

NHCharger:

The wheels on the daytona... never thought they would work on a charger but that blue colour with those wheels looks amazing.

JB400

He's holding on to the shifer, but the arrow is pointing to a knob on the dash

timmycharger

Quote from: JB400 on April 08, 2018, 03:28:08 PM
He's holding on to the shifer, but the arrow is pointing to a knob on the dash

:yesnod:

Pics of me holding the shifter is to show how close my fist is to the dash in the 1 and 3 gear positions,  and yes the red arrow was pointing to the track changer button on my factory AM 8 track. 

:cheers:

funknut

Getting close!  Installed Mancini roller rockers.

cdr

Quote from: funknut on April 21, 2018, 06:01:07 PM
Getting close!  Installed Mancini roller rockers.

looks like the wrong spring/retainer set up, the springs should not move around on the retainer, looks like yours are moving.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

funknut

Quote from: cdr on April 21, 2018, 07:38:47 PM

looks like the wrong spring/retainer set up, the springs should not move around on the retainer, looks like yours are moving.

Ok, thanks for that.  These were fully assembled 440 source heads with their stock spring package, but I will pull a couple to see if something is loose.

Much appreciated.

Ghoste

Chassis cleaning, thats what Ive done lately.  lol

timmycharger

Gorgeous day up here in MA today, took the beast out for a drive to run an errand.

Super quick clip as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_BXmVsIT4

JR

Finally got around to replacing the c pillar emblems I removed back in 2004. Two repaints ago. :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Ghoste