News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

Wow! Great to hear you making some serious progress Dirk! Nice upgrades, pics pics!

6.7Cummins

TTI 1 7/8 Headers and h pipe with flowmaster tail pipes, and thrush chambered mufflers.
1968 Charger R/T 440/727

triple_green

How much benefit did you get from the TTI's and exhaust? Can you feel the difference?

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

VegasCharger

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on February 26, 2019, 12:44:55 AM
.....Not yet, I'm waiting on some final parts and a crimper but I'm hoping to get started in the next few weeks. I'll be sure to get a bunch of photos and post em up.   :2thumbs:

Hey Clayton, another question, will you be doing this task with the dash frame in place? Reason I ask is that I'm in a predicament where I need to install my dash so that I can install my windshield BUT my A/C heater box is not ready yet (needs rebuilt). So I was debating on going the aftermarket route (money spent on after market vs money spent on rebuilding OEM box) thinking it would be easier to install the after market unit vs installing the OEM unit with the dash already in place.

Thanks  :cheers:

Kern Dog

Quote from: timmycharger on February 26, 2019, 08:02:33 AM
Wow! Great to hear you making some serious progress Dirk! Nice upgrades, pics pics!
Dirk Diggler is here?

Dino

Quote from: timmycharger on February 26, 2019, 08:02:33 AM

I don't have much and already took the belts down. This will give you an idea though.

The front retractors are bolted to brackets that are welded onto the inner rockers. The belt runs between the moving mechanism and I will be welding a small belt guide to the inside of the quarter frame so the belt and mechanism don't meet. Right now the belt runs dangerously close the the regulator cam. A plastic sleeve will also cover the entire belt that sits behind the door panel.

In this mock up I'm using the stock shoulder loop with a bolt. The plan was to cut out a small section of that aluminum upper pad bracket to recess the shoulder loop but I've changed my mind. I have two small metal loops to guide seat belts so I'll simply be welding them in place. One where the shoulder loop is now and another on the front edge above the wind lace. This way the belt clears everything and little to no further mods are needed. The ss trim between upper and lower pads needed a small relief cut in the back, but now the belt clears easily and the outside of the trim is unaffected.

The rear belts are simple. Bolt both belt end and retractor to the stock mounting location, cut a skit in the package tray and finish it off with a bezel.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Some Chargers came with a steel formed rear upper for that area. I bought mine off eBay rather than buy new padded ($$$) ones. It would make that mod easier to finish out than padded ones.  :scratchchin:   

twenty mike mike

I got the upper and lower radiator support painted, and installed the A/C compressor and condenser. Most of the hoses are fitted, but not tightened with O rings, because I don't like the way some are routed over the engine. The fan is from a mid '70s Dodge pickup, and it will hit the compressor, so I had to order the proper one. Maybe I'll have this done by Summer! Which is at the end of next month in this area.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 01, 2019, 11:56:10 PM
.....Not yet, I'm waiting on some final parts and a crimper but I'm hoping to get started in the next few weeks. I'll be sure to get a bunch of photos and post em up.   :2thumbs:

Hey Clayton, another question, will you be doing this task with the dash frame in place? Reason I ask is that I'm in a predicament where I need to install my dash so that I can install my windshield BUT my A/C heater box is not ready yet (needs rebuilt). So I was debating on going the aftermarket route (money spent on after market vs money spent on rebuilding OEM box) thinking it would be easier to install the after market unit vs installing the OEM unit with the dash already in place.

That's the plan. Should be a simple install with the dash in, the only thing I'm thinking will be an issue is with the Vintage Air unit you have to drill 2 holes in the cowl area near the wiper pivot arm for the mounting plate. So I'm not sure how easy it will be to get a drill there. Might just have to get a small pneumatic drill for that part. Other than that everything looks pretty simple and can be done with the dash in place. I'm going to tackle this shortly so I'll post up on the install.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

garner7555

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 03, 2019, 12:34:48 AM

That's the plan. Should be a simple install with the dash in, the only thing I'm thinking will be an issue is with the Vintage Air unit you have to drill 2 holes in the cowl area near the wiper pivot arm for the mounting plate. So I'm not sure how easy it will be to get a drill there. Might just have to get a small pneumatic drill for that part. Other than that everything looks pretty simple and can be done with the dash in place. I'm going to tackle this shortly so I'll post up on the install.  :cheers:

I put the Vintage kit in my car and I put in in before I mounted my dash frame.   If you want to install it with the dash in place then you could just use self tapping screws for those top 2 screws into the cowl and use an air ratchet to run them in with.   I haven't tried this, but I feel like it would work and possible fit in there better than a small drill.    :Twocents:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Dino

Quote from: b5blue on March 02, 2019, 12:26:07 PM
Some Chargers came with a steel formed rear upper for that area. I bought mine off eBay rather than buy new padded ($$$) ones. It would make that mod easier to finish out than padded ones.  :scratchchin:   

You know it really won't be as bad as I initially thought! With the big shoulder loop gone and only two round loop brackets left, I barely have to remove any material from the back side of the upper pad. I have an idea how I want the seat belt to exit between the two upper pads but I have some options there as well.

Now I'm looking for a semi rigid plastic sleeve to protect the belt from rubbing against the frame or door pads.

Dino

Quote from: garner7555 on March 03, 2019, 06:40:19 AM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 03, 2019, 12:34:48 AM

I put the Vintage kit in my car and I put in in before I mounted my dash frame.   If you want to install it with the dash in place then you could just use self tapping screws for those top 2 screws into the cowl and use an air ratchet to run them in with.   I haven't tried this, but I feel like it would work and possible fit in there better than a small drill.    :Twocents:

I think you can do this easily with a right angle drill attachement, or a HF right angle drill for $20 or something.   :yesnod:

Dino

Rear belts installed. Package tray cut for seat belt bezels that came out of a Delorean of all things. New seat covers and door panels arrived from Legendary so we're getting closer to completion!

b5blue

Looks nice! I'm starting to install my rear sway bar. (ADDCO 919) I need to move a fuel line I added years ago first.

timmycharger

Quote from: Dino on March 10, 2019, 10:48:48 AM
Rear belts installed. Package tray cut for seat belt bezels that came out of a Delorean of all things. New seat covers and door panels arrived from Legendary so we're getting closer to completion!

Looking great!!

67440chrg

Nothing exciting but we had a nice day Sunday so after church I opened the barn door and started it and let it warm up to normal temp. Man am I tired of winter. I started my truck, 2 mowers and a chainsaw as well. Come on spring!!

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

INTMD8

Just did dynamat, front/rear glass is in (side glass is my next project) and I finally got my air filter from K&N.  :)

timmycharger

Nice work, coming along nicely! Love the color of your Charger!  :icon_smile_big: :drool5:

ACUDANUT

Nice shop !! Is that exterior metal siding on the inside ?  :scratchchin:

INTMD8

Thanks guys, love the color of yours as well :D

The interior metal appears the same as the outside but is a thinner gauge for interiors. Really easy to work with.

INTMD8

I assembled/installed the side glass and felt like taking it for a test drive so put the drivers seat in too. (loving the seats, really comfortable)

(yes, it was completely up to temperature in the video, I had already driven it around the block).

So far so good.  Not very fast but enough to be fun.  Need to change the mufflers, wayyyy to loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMpOTDJUGlk&feature=youtu.be

Sendero

Log under - one thing leads to another.  updated the engine om my 70 R/T. Put in a Bob Karakashian (aka Mr sixpack) grind camshaft, Johnson Hi-Lift lifters, new alternator, firecore distributor, accurate exhaust and a totally restored A/C system.

Engine is ready to be dropped back in since it had to be removed due to the damper having to be pressed off with hydraulic press! :flame: so the engine now sports a number of powder coated parts -intake,valve covers, pulleys. etc.

JR

I'm trying to get a job doing vinyl wraps full time, so I decided to wrap my 70 in 3M Satin Volcanic Flare. I will be using it as a business card, so to speak. I finished a few panels this weekend.

This color shifts from burgundy to gold to grey to purple. Hopefully it catches the right eye to land a job. (I'm so tired of my manufacturing plant job.)

I'll take it back off or change to a different color in a few months. Also I will be adding the bumble bee stripe in some sort of textured vinyl.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

VegasCharger

Quote from: JR on March 31, 2019, 09:09:04 PM
I'm trying to get a job doing vinyl wraps full time.....Hopefully it catches the right eye to land a job. (I'm so tired of my manufacturing plant job.)

Great work! :2thumbs:

Good luck landing that job. :cheers: