News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferson

Quote from: INTMD8 on March 31, 2019, 04:59:49 PM
I assembled/installed the side glass and felt like taking it for a test drive so put the drivers seat in too. (loving the seats, really comfortable)

(yes, it was completely up to temperature in the video, I had already driven it around the block).

So far so good.  Not very fast but enough to be fun.  Need to change the mufflers, wayyyy to loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMpOTDJUGlk&feature=youtu.be

Beauty charger mate! Grouse, video was bad ass,
nahhhhhhh dont change the mufflers, the louder the better! mine is loud also,and i love it!
When you see these cars they just scream muscle, bad ass and loud!

JR

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 01, 2019, 03:14:33 AM
Quote from: JR on March 31, 2019, 09:09:04 PM
I'm trying to get a job doing vinyl wraps full time.....Hopefully it catches the right eye to land a job. (I'm so tired of my manufacturing plant job.)

Great work! :2thumbs:

Good luck landing that job. :cheers:

Thanks man, I appreciate it! :cheers:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

comet_666

love it! can't wait for the weather to not suck here.
Reminded me of my drive around the neighborhood a few summers ago..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5qzVXyjC-A

INTMD8

Much appreciated Jefferson  :cheers:

Nice vid Comet, have to love the rolling burnout  :yesnod:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

jwells1993

swapped over a new cam and aluminum heads to really wake that 440 up
keep on keepin on

ACUDANUT

My neck hurts trying to look at that.  :nana: Is that a M-923 ?

twenty mike mike

Quote from: INTMD8 on September 23, 2018, 09:37:53 AM
Not entirely what I did though I did modify the seats for the stock head rests.  Got my seats back from the upholstery shop. They are from a 2013 Chrysler 200 convertible. 6 way power, flip forward and integrated seat belts.

Outstanding job on the seats, especially now that you've matched the trim to the upholstery. Any chance of a how-to on the headrests?

twenty mike mike

I did a headlight wiring mod by running a single wire from the alternator to a circuit breaker with a reset button, as well as two relays on a steel plate hidden under the battery tray. Everything was strategically situated so the fasteners are within the battery tray voids. The wires from the relays are attached downstream of the connector in the engine bay, just in front of the battery tray. Wrapped in black, they're pretty unobtrusive. The yellow wire is just there for circuit testing and won't stay. Once the battery tray is in place the plate can't be seen.

Next up is to give the headlight frame a decent paint job. Until this week it's been too cold, and now it's too windy. Always something.  ::)

VegasCharger

Quote from: jwells1993 on April 10, 2019, 08:44:52 PM

There, fixed it for you.  :cheers:

INTMD8

Quote from: twenty mike mike on April 10, 2019, 10:29:53 PM
Outstanding job on the seats, especially now that you've matched the trim to the upholstery. Any chance of a how-to on the headrests?

Thanks! Headrests were easy.  Post to post was wider than what was on there so just measure center to center on old headrest to new, mark top of seat frame for new distance and drop a hole saw through.  Now mount original guides.  

I made brackets for the lower guides/springs as well.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

jwells1993

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 10, 2019, 09:48:31 PM
My neck hurts trying to look at that.  :nana: Is that a M-923 ?

m35a2 sorry bout pic seems like some come out normal then some sideways
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 11, 2019, 04:47:58 AM
Quote from: jwells1993 on April 10, 2019, 08:44:52 PM

There, fixed it for you.  :cheers:

thank you not sure why it post my pics like that everynow and then
keep on keepin on

twenty mike mike

Quote from: INTMD8 on April 11, 2019, 09:37:21 AM
Quote from: twenty mike mike on April 10, 2019, 10:29:53 PM

Thanks! Headrests were easy.  Post to post was wider than what was on there so just measure center to center on old headrest to new, mark top of seat frame for new distance and drop a hole saw through.  Now mount original guides.  

I made brackets for the lower guides/springs as well.

Thanks, that looks easy enough. Retaining the original headrests is the only way I'd consider changing the seats.

JB400

I'm trying to get a job doing vinyl wraps full time, so I decided to wrap my 70 in 3M Satin Volcanic Flare. I will be using it as a business card, so to speak. I finished a few panels this weekend.

This color shifts from burgundy to gold to grey to purple. Hopefully it catches the right eye to land a job. (I'm so tired of my manufacturing plant job.)

I'll take it back off or change to a different color in a few months. Also I will be adding the bumble bee stripe in some sort of textured vinyl.

How'd this turn out?

JR

Quote from: JB400 on April 12, 2019, 08:18:46 AM
I'm trying to get a job doing vinyl wraps full time, so I decided to wrap my 70 in 3M Satin Volcanic Flare. I will be using it as a business card, so to speak. I finished a few panels this weekend.

This color shifts from burgundy to gold to grey to purple. Hopefully it catches the right eye to land a job. (I'm so tired of my manufacturing plant job.)

I'll take it back off or change to a different color in a few months. Also I will be adding the bumble bee stripe in some sort of textured vinyl.

How'd this turn out?

Still coming along, man. Im currently working two jobs, with one being rotating shift, and when I went to night shift recently progress slowed down alot.

I have finished the passenger side and the rear, just have the driver's side and the hood left. I'm going to plasti-dip the taillight panel instead of risking damage removing the aluminum taillight surround. It currently looks like this. Going to wrap some more today.

Going to do the bumblebee stripe in silver to match the wheel centers, and I'm considering doing the hood in satin black. Will post nice pics taken with a better camera once done.

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: JR on April 12, 2019, 09:02:09 AM
Quote from: JB400 on April 12, 2019, 08:18:46 AM

How'd this turn out?

Still coming along, man. Im currently working two jobs, with one being rotating shift, and when I went to night shift recently progress slowed down alot.

I have finished the passenger side and the rear, just have the driver's side and the hood left. I'm going to plasti-dip the taillight panel instead of risking damage removing the aluminum taillight surround. It currently looks like this. Going to wrap some more today.

Going to do the bumblebee stripe in silver to match the wheel centers, and I'm considering doing the hood in satin black. Will post nice pics taken with a better camera once done.

Did you remove the black tail stripe or go over it?  You should start your own thread for this whole project, it would be easier to follow especially when you remove it and do it again in another color. :Twocents:
Nice work so far,  :2thumbs:

JR

Thanks man, this color really grows on you. I'm excited to see it completed.

Since this wrap is temporary, I went over the top of the original stripe. I am going to lay down "knifeless tape" over the top of them, and use them to cut out the new stripes without cutting on the paint. It's easier to see the outline of them at a different angle. (Once the silver vinyl is placed on top, it will look normal.)

I'll make a thread when it's complete, I've got a ton of pics of the process. Here's a couple more teaser pics of the installation too.

timmycharger

JR

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: JR on April 12, 2019, 10:54:38 AM
Thanks man, this color really grows on you. I'm excited to see it completed.

Since this wrap is temporary, I went over the top of the original stripe. I am going to lay down "knifeless tape" over the top of them, and use them to cut out the new stripes without cutting on the paint. It's easier to see the outline of them at a different angle. (Once the silver vinyl is placed on top, it will look normal.)

I'll make a thread when it's complete, I've got a ton of pics of the process. Here's a couple more teaser pics of the installation too.

Looks really good! Can't wait to see it all done.

Just curious what you'd be charging for a job like this?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JR

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks man, hopefully I can make some more progress this weekend.

Pricing for color change wraps varies by region, but down here in the Southeast, a color change wrap in most colors is around 2500 bucks, give or take. Advertising wraps typically are 3k-3500.

Just like in paint and body, the majority of the cost is labor. The average cost of materials in a (solid color change) normal sized vehicle is between 500-700 or so. (I'm using 3M vinyl, other brands are likely less expensive.)

I'm not sure what shop I'll end up at, or if I'll be doing more color change or advertising wraps, but I will have one big business card that will draw alot of attention soon.

NHCharger

Installed wheel opening mouldings on the Daytona. Of course none of the holes lined up with the existing ones on the car, and when they did the holes were too big.
Can't believe it took me all day for this.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

VegasCharger

Quote from: NHCharger on April 20, 2019, 09:49:51 PM
Installed wheel opening mouldings on the Daytona. Of course none of the holes lined up with the existing ones on the car, and when they did the holes were too big.
Can't believe it took me all day for this.

Awesome job!!! Wheel well moldings are a must on 2nd gen Chargers as they were born with them.

:cheers:

smithenhiven

That wrap looks really good JR.  I've been watching alot of youtube videos on car wraps lately, as my wife wants her 69 Chevelle color changed.  Cant afford a repaint, so a wrap seems like a good alternative.  I think Im gonna give it a try.  What's the worst that can happen, I ruin a couple hundred dollars in vinyl. 

Good luck on your business plan, hopefully you can turn your hobby into a career.