News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

New wheels and tires. Ordered carpet today.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: krops cars on June 06, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
New wheels and tires. Ordered carpet today.

Need more pics of those "wheels and tires"!  ;)
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

krops cars

I have one now.

krops cars

timmycharger

Fixed my oil pan leak so I can actually bring it in the driveway for a wash now  :brickwall:..

Some more detailing and I am ready for some shows.  :icon_smile_cool:

CDN72SE

Gave the car some air and a little sunshine as I hung a bit more art in the garage.

1972 Charger SE

XH29N0G

Thanks for posting.  The cars look great.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

VegasCharger

Quote from: timmycharger on June 10, 2019, 09:27:42 AM
Fixed my oil pan leak so I can actually bring it in the driveway for a wash now  :brickwall:..

Some more detailing and I am ready for some shows.  :icon_smile_cool:

Your '68 is BAD A$$!!

:cheers:

timmycharger

70 sublime

Rain day today on the farm so I tinkered with my car
Got the back up lights working
I was missing one HP manifold but have rounded up one so need to get that on the car before exhaust work
About all I have left to do to get it certified for the road is my new dual exhaust and front end alignment  
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Todd Wilson

Put more empty boxes on top of it and buried it further from getting out........................

:'(

Todd

kokxville

Took my Charger out for a sunday drive with my 2 boys  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

kokxville

one more just after i've washed it  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

bakerhillpins

Quote from: kokxville on June 16, 2019, 03:48:55 PM

:drool5:

Q5?  Need more pics of that thing in the Charger pix thread!  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

DanielRobert

fianally some time to get some welding practice in and to finish the 440
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

71charger_fan

Since my dash cluster is out, I've been tracing out the dash wiring and back checking the shop that I paid way too much money to do things wrong. I had to cut a lot of zip ties and unwrap a lot of electrical tape. It gives meaning to the word tedious, but it needs to be done. For some reason, instead of just plugging the harness's built-in plug into the back of the lighter, they made their own wire and plugged it into the accessory circuit. So, it's a slow process checking all those wires but a process I feel I have to suffer through. In continuing to trace the wiring, I found a bit of mess where the modular plug for the dome lamp should have been. So, here are photos of what I found and what the modular plug should look like. I was going to cut out the factory modular plug from extra wiring I have in the garage and splice it in. Instead of creating four splices, I'm using a Weatherpack terminal.

Yesterday, with the iffy weather, I skipped taking the '55 Plymouth to the Mason Dixon Mopar show and stayed home and continued to work on the Charger's wiring. I installed the Weatherpack terminal into the dome light circuit to replace the missing factory modular plug. No idea why that was missing. I also cut the tach wire and put a weatherpack terminal on that inside the engine compartment. I even finally figured out where the console shift indicator light should have been connected. I found in the factory wiring diagrams, hidden at the back of the accessory wiring diagrams, an illustration showing that I should have had a long orange wire running to the right kick panel. That explained the super-long wire my "hot rod shop" had hooked to the back of my tach. Since my tach was from Charger Specialties and not from the factory, I finally realized it was odd that the wire providing 12v to it should not have had a factory part number. That's when I realized it was my missing wire for the console shift indicator light. So, I dug out an old dash harness from the garage attic and cut off the ash tray lamp wire and spliced that onto the end of the wire that had been feeding the tach to replace the factory plug that had been cut off.

If you can do it yourself, do it yourself. Even if the professional you're paying knows what he or she is doing, do you know for sure if they care about what they're doing? In my case I think it was a combination of incompetence and not giving a damn.

VegasCharger

Quote from: 71charger_fan on June 17, 2019, 11:20:19 AM
.....If you can do it yourself, do it yourself. Even if the professional you're paying knows what he or she is doing, do you know for sure if they care about what they're doing? In my case I think it was a combination of incompetence and not giving a damn.....

71charger_fan it's a damn shame you can't even trust a shop to provide the service that they're a professional at. I'm hearing/reading way too many horror stories about customers getting scammed/screwed/poor work done to their muscle car. WTF is wrong with our society these days?? I need a windshield installed on my '68 and I'm trying to line up someone who will do it at my garage or I'll have to trailer it to their shop to have the work done on the same day while I stay to babysit my Charger.

I love your desire to tackle it yourself instead of leaving it as is and not looking at your car for awhile because your pissed. But honestly that shop needs to refund your $$$. But no one there will probably NOT take the blame or blame someone else who is not present. It's not embarrassing to man up to your mistakes, in fact it's to right thing to do. Works out better in the long run.

Good luck. :cheers:

kokxville

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 16, 2019, 05:31:47 PM
Quote from: kokxville on June 16, 2019, 03:48:55 PM

:drool5:

Q5?  Need more pics of that thing in the Charger pix thread!  :yesnod:

Thanks! :cheers:
No it's B3 but in the pictures it looks darker blue.
I'll post some pics in the charger pix thread.  :cheers:

John

garner7555

Went to a local show Saturday and was truly shocked when I recieved "Best of Show".  I really built my car just to be a nice driver, not really a trophy winner.  (I have put 750 miles on it over the past 3 months)   I must admit it is nice to get some recognition of the hard work that went into it, even though I said I didn't care anything about winning trophies.  :shruggy:  To make things better, it was at the Chevrolet dealer and they sponsor the show.  The guy from the dealership said "it sure does pain me to give this to a Mopar" :smilielol:    The sales staff tried to get me to do a burnout as I was leaving but I said no, there were too many people around to risk it.   Have you ever seen small rocks get flung by spinning tires?   :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

alfaitalia

...not to mention the stone chip damage....

....your car looks amazing. Seeing cars like that give me in the kick I need to carry on. I was going for red.....seeing your car (and Kern Dogs) is making me wonder whether deciding not to was the right choice!....too late now.

..anyway well done on your "Trophy winning show car"!!! Cool trophy too....better than the usual boring cup!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

krops cars

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: garner7555 on June 19, 2019, 07:10:49 AM
Went to a local show Saturday and was truly shocked when I recieved "Best of Show".  I really built my car just to be a nice driver, not really a trophy winner.  (I have put 750 miles on it over the past 3 months)   I must admit it is nice to get some recognition of the hard work that went into it, even though I said I didn't care anything about winning trophies.  :shruggy:  To make things better, it was at the Chevrolet dealer and they sponsor the show.  The guy from the dealership said "it sure does pain me to give this to a Mopar" :smilielol:    The sales staff tried to get me to do a burnout as I was leaving but I said no, there were too many people around to risk it.   Have you ever seen small rocks get flung by spinning tires?   :yesnod:

Awesome! Car is looking sweet! 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

NHCharger

Quote from: garner7555 on June 19, 2019, 07:10:49 AM
Went to a local show Saturday and was truly shocked when I recieved "Best of Show".  I really built my car just to be a nice driver, not really a trophy winner.  (I have put 750 miles on it over the past 3 months)   

Beautiful job.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Knowing that no shop would want to tackle this I bit the bullet. When I converted the headlight doors last winter from vacuum pods to electronic actuators I ran into another problem. The homemade headlight frames interfered with the actuators. I modified a pair of headlight brackets from my 72 parts Charger to get everything to fit. I never bothered to adjust the headlights after I finished the install since I never drive this car at night, but Carlisle is coming and I know we will be night cruising with Bakerhillpins.
So after consulting the FSM I rigged up a makeshift headlight beam alignment jig and have spent the last two nights messing with the headlights. I ended up raising both brackets an 1-1/2" to help clear the headlight doors. Unlike the real Daytona's with the flip up headlights my aftermarket nose has headlight doors that lay back and the headlights are fixed. A much simpler system in my opinion.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

djcarguy

:drool5: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  WOW  NH your TONA is looking great. the color stance ,mags an tire size an  combo,all work an are awsum.  just need some sunny pixs an drive shots.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers:  Dj out west   :cheers: