News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

myk

Quote from: cdr on August 21, 2019, 06:04:37 PM
Quote from: myk on August 21, 2019, 05:44:01 PM
Drove it...
AWESOME !!!!!!  :coolgleamA:

No sir, what YOU are doing with YOUR Charger is awesome.  I hope you have your build progress posted up in here somewhere?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

grdprx

Quote from: Tmb84 on August 21, 2019, 03:32:46 PM
I have heat issues.. on a hot summer day i need to drive with ease.. or it will throw some water out the radiator hose.
Its always been like this since i got it 5 years ago, but this year its worse. The weather is not warmer either..

Last week i changed the coolant, it was a bit dirty and i think it helped a little.
The radiator is the original 22' inch and looks bad inside. Tried to clean it, but it didnt help much.

Today i changed the waterpump house and waterpump wich i got from 440source, i hope this will help some until i get a new aluminium radiator.

Its nice to work on the car and do this kind of uppgrades.
-Sorry for my english, trying my best without any help from google.

You may want to read this topic tread about overheating, the 440source water pump and housing are a poor design, I recently discovered this myself, based on the information here.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60599.0.html

If the radiator looks bad, it may need to be replaced as well. I have a 22" one too, I got a Champion radiator that fit my budget and has worked for me so far. Good luck!

cdr

Quote from: grdprx on August 21, 2019, 09:24:20 PM
I have heat issues.. on a hot summer day i need to drive with ease.. or it will throw some water out the radiator hose.
Its always been like this since i got it 5 years ago, but this year its worse. The weather is not warmer either..

Last week i changed the coolant, it was a bit dirty and i think it helped a little.
The radiator is the original 22' inch and looks bad inside. Tried to clean it, but it didnt help much.

Today i changed the waterpump house and waterpump wich i got from 440source, i hope this will help some until i get a new aluminium radiator.

Its nice to work on the car and do this kind of uppgrades.

You may want to read this topic tread about overheating, the 440source water pump and housing are a poor design, I recently discovered this myself, based on the information here.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60599.0.html

If the radiator looks bad, it may need to be replaced as well. I have a 22" one too, I got a Champion radiator that fit my budget and has worked for me so far. Good luck!

The 440 source pump & housing is VERY old info that they corrected the casting 8,10 years ago.

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 21, 2019, 05:07:11 PM

To be fair your English is better than most on here!
That is funny, sad and true all at the same time.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 21, 2019, 11:50:07 PM
.....That is funny, sad and true all at the same time.

If we could only get people to understand these main grammar miscues:

1. There, Their, They're
2. Then, Than
3. Two, Too, To, 2
4. Would've (would have) instead of would of.

Another major plus, although not grammar related, is to get people to take sideways(landscape) picture/videos.

:cheers:

Kern Dog

Yes. I agree. Vertical/Portrait format sucks for anything but a picture of a person or a landmark like the Washington Monument or the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Other mistakes:
For Sell.
For Sail.
Fore Sell.
I want to SALE this car.
Needs restored.
This site has some decent spelling and grammar compared to another forum I frequent...One that caters to the Darts, Dusters and Valiants. GREAT people there but some really slept through their schooling!

krops cars

carpet with new wood grain steering wheel. Boing

alfaitalia

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 22, 2019, 02:33:55 AM
Yes. I agree. Vertical/Portrait format sucks for anything but a picture of a person or a landmark like the Washington Monument or the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Other mistakes:
For Sell.
For Sail.
Fore Sell.
I want to SALE this car.
Needs restored.
This site has some decent spelling and grammar compared to another forum I frequent...One that caters to the Darts, Dusters and Valiants. GREAT people there but some really slept through their schooling!

You missed out my favourite and one of the most common speeling misstacks on here! Breaks instead of brakes...as in discs and drums etc!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

b5blue

Instead of grammar and spell check how about etiquette. The topic is about Chargers.   

mr. hemi

Finally got the 15 x 8 Ram Charger wheels painted to match the car and 255/60-R15's mounted. Drives like a different vehicle compared to the bias ply redlines. Now has the 60's stock car appearance I was looking for. Matching the paint for the rims to the 37 year old paint on the body was a bit of challenge. An optical scan for a paint formula finally did the trick. I am quite pleased with the results.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Tmb84

70' Charger 383 -top banana
71' hemicuda Sox&Martin "tribute"

mr. hemi

You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

Tmb84

70' Charger 383 -top banana
71' hemicuda Sox&Martin "tribute"

krops cars

INTMD8

Swapped the 3.54 for a 4.10.   

Needed to swap diff shims but had no press to install bearings.  This worked nice  :coolgleamA:

https://youtu.be/DctESYljtAw
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

TexasStroker

Quote from: INTMD8 on September 06, 2019, 09:29:09 PM
Swapped the 3.54 for a 4.10.   

Needed to swap diff shims but had no press to install bearings.  This worked nice  :coolgleamA:

https://youtu.be/DctESYljtAw

Nice!  Now if only guys with a press could get it to lift a vehicle, lol.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Dave Kanofsky

Took it to the "Last Cruise at Dukes".  Duke's is a legendary car cruising spot in Bridgeview, IL (SW suburb of Chicago).  It was a blast.  HUNDREDS of cars flooded the area last weekend.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

ACUDANUT

It must have been a great car show to see newer Rams and New Chargers and Challengers there. :brickwall:
That is why I don't bother. Either way, glad you a good time. Honestly.  :2thumbs:

krops cars

I truly believe that it is the love of your car. So bring what ever you have to a car show. I like the nice cars. Work in progress cars are great to see. You get to see how people do different things. Other people think those cars shouldn't be aloud at car shows. A lot of people do not realize this is how the nice cars start.

Ghoste

I agree.  Too many car show snobs out there and a lot of times all it does is to discourage people from the hobby.

ACUDANUT

Car shows should be for Classic cars. (30 plus)  :Twocents: