News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funknut

VegasCharger

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 17, 2021, 10:51:13 PM
Why did you have to take the back glass out ?

Rust in the lower window channel corners and headliner change.

:cheers:

VegasCharger

73chgrSE

Finally got around to getting a bulge hood. We put it on last week and drilled for the letters and trim. I'm on the fence about painting it white to match the car. Looks cool black for now anyways.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: 73chgrSE on April 22, 2021, 08:52:47 AM
Finally got around to getting a bulge hood. We put it on last week and drilled for the letters and trim. I'm on the fence about painting it white to match the car. Looks cool black for now anyways.

:2thumbs: Nice!  Love seeing progress on late 3rd gens.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

INTMD8

Got sidetracked on a different project for the past few months. Back on the Charger now  :icon_smile_big:

Modified valve covers for coil on plug mounting, vacuum pump, sandblasted chrome and painted with VHT wrinkle paint.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

CFMopar

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

AKcharger

armor64

after years of work, and painting all the parts last September, the fenders and hood are finally back on the car. getting closer and closer to finally driving it for the first time soon.

b5blue

westcoastdodge

got the motor in :cheers:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

69white hat

69white hat

I can't post the video, but I got a short, low quality video from my engine builder. The 512 rebuild is complete and the break in is also complete. Last I heard he was switching out the break valve springs for the springs that came with the cam for the final break in. When I get home on the 5th, I should be able to take it down the road for the first time since last august.

timmycharger

I didn't realize I would be working on the Charger all weekend. Saturday morning I had a few hours to kill so I thought I would fix an annoying issue I had.   Since putting the dash in the car over 5 years ago I had 2 bulbs in the wrong spots. I had the tach dash light socket in the left directional light hole and vice versa.  I have been driving more at night and finally wanted to fix it.  

Easy fix right? just reach up there and swap them out? Nope!  I tried bending my back and looking up behind the dash with the seat and place and immediately knew what had to be done.. out came the seat.

I still don't know what I did but I managed to kill a turn signal flasher which took me forever to get to since I have an aftermarket A/C unit under there and when I found it I forgot there were 2 (one for flasher, one for turn signals) which had me pulling my hair out since I kept just changing the flasher one w/o any results until I figured it out.

So great, got the directionals with lights working and went to go put back the A/C vent tube and my giant ape hand manages to pull out the bulb for the brake light warning system  :brickwall:

After an hour of struggling and swearing, had to call in my wife to help as my hand would not fit up in there (in the pic below you can see me trying with pliers).  

I love these cars but absolutely hate working up behind the dash  :RantExplode:

73chgrSE

I relocated to Va. from Ga. since my last post. I decided to have the Charger hauled instead of driving it the 500 miles up here. I had time to hit a couple shows & cruise ins and see the nearest 1/4 mile track before the season ends. Also had a local shop do some much needed work on it for me since I don't have time to work on it myself much right now. The rear main seal, oil pan gasket and dip stick tube were all leaking and replaced along with the old motor mounts. Just got her back yesterday. Finally no drips under the car!  :2thumbs:

69white hat

HeavyFuel

Quote from: timmycharger on August 16, 2021, 12:17:50 PM
I didn't realize I would be working on the Charger all weekend. Saturday morning I had a few hours to kill so I thought I would fix an annoying issue I had.   Since putting the dash in the car over 5 years ago I had 2 bulbs in the wrong spots. I had the tach dash light socket in the left directional light hole and vice versa.  I have been driving more at night and finally wanted to fix it.  

Did you go LEDs while you were under there? 

My Tic Toc Tach bulb is burned out and would like to get it working again, but am dreading the project.  Prob. will go LEDs to get a bit more light and consume less power.  Anything to cut down on the number of electrons that have to pass through the bulkhead connector.

timmycharger

Nah, for now I just left the stock style bulbs in there. Some day I will likely replace them with LED, but for now they do the job.  :Twocents: :cheers:

b5blue

Note to that LED's are pole sensitive unlike a bulb. The tiny twist in LED will only work one way.  :scratchchin:

TTSaleen

2 months still waiting on the wiring harness to be built...............
In the interim, I've put in a new fuel system (Aeromotive Stealth fuel tank, 340lph pump) with PTFE fuel lines (8AN feed, 6AN return).
Currently working on my battery relocation kit and rewiring my dash from ammeter to volt gauge with other safety improvements.

1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

tcs69rt

Quote from: TTSaleen on November 09, 2021, 05:19:36 PM
2 months still waiting on the wiring harness to be built...............
In the interim, I've put in a new fuel system (Aeromotive Stealth fuel tank, 340lph pump) with PTFE fuel lines (8AN feed, 6AN return).
Currently working on my battery relocation kit and rewiring my dash from ammeter to volt gauge with other safety improvements.

May I ask where you are getting the harness? Thanks! TC
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

TTSaleen

Quote from: tcs69rt on November 10, 2021, 07:02:15 PM
May I ask where you are getting the harness? Thanks! TC

Sure.  It's a Hemi conversion harness that will allow me to run my Gen III hemi and NAG1 5 speed auto in my 68.
Here's the link - https://www.hotwireauto.com/nag-1-swaps

Ryan

Here's a quick pic of my progress so far.
Just a few wiring changes to make and add that custom harness and it should be ready to fire up.

1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

tcs69rt

New wiring harness arrived last night..."Let the Madness, Begin!" - Ozzy
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."