News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wanna Daytona project car? (Not Mine, found this web hopping)

Started by TruckDriver, February 04, 2006, 10:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Dodge-Charger

I think those were installed after the fact. Its got a 68 nose too

:haha:

triple_green

Just the wrong sheetmetal and trim pieces you can see in the picture are numerous. Imagine what is wrong or missing that you can't see. I'll bet it has a fiberglass repo wing too.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Daytona

I just love how the fender scoops are backwards!  They'll probably fly right off at highway speeds.

Dan

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

nakita7

Bit much...ya think!

I want to build a clone, and I'm pretty sure I could start one and get it to that stage for a lot less than that, yikes.

BigBlockSam

i've heard , from people that have seen this car that it has bad rust issues.  :'(
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

1fine69

YO THAT CAR IS PRETTY BEAT UP FOR THAT PRICE! LOOKS LIKE JOE DIRT WAS TRYNG TO MAKE A COMEBACK!  :rotz: HOPE WHOEVER BUYS IT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE GETTING AND HAVE DEEP POCKETS TO FIX IT! :o
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

1badbee

This guy is stating that "this is the real deal"..
I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!! This guy either DOES NOT know about MOPARS at all, OR he is a RIP OFF artist like thoes
JACK OFFS in Ill. that sell the chargers/mustangs to everyone that are COMPLETE JUNK!!!

BigBlockSam

what I've read on the winged warrior board is that it is a true daytona. it's just been modified alot.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

That's the car that the guys at DSAC forum have talked about. It's the real deal and is absolutely full of rust. No one can rebody the car since it's already in the registry as a rust bucket. The guys that own it don't seem to care whether they sell it or not. They even drive it to local car shows to this day. A previous owner liked the 68 side marker lamps and added them to the car.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

chargerboy69

I believe this car was at Nats in Columbus in August. She looks rougher in person. . .
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

48chebbie

i saw it at the NATS,and yes,it is alot worse looking in person.............
how'd i do that!?!?!?

thebigmope

WOW ! WHAT A DEAL I asked this guy how much he was looking to get for it at the nats and he told me 150,000.00 ! He must have been smoking something really good ,he still is

hemi68charger

How bad IS the extent of the rust for those who've seen it?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Troy that car has rust on rust. It is bad. It would be possible to repair the car without doing a rebody, however doing a rebody would be 15 times cheaper than repairing all the rust on that car.

It is absolutely rough. However it is a true Daytona, and it is pretty close to what I want in a Daytona. Its missing the 4 speed though.

hotrod98

Sometimes we have to accept things for what they are. While I'm one of those guys that tries to restore every car that comes along, even I realize that there are cars that should be left alone. We can't return them all to their former glory.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

Boy, what is it about Clayton's car recently?  Second thread this week about it...

I had a long-winded reply all typed up to defend Clayton against some of the comments made by others on this thread.  I'll refrain and give those people the benefit of the doubt.

Here is the other mention made of this car this week:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10550.0.html

A DC.com thread back in December
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6808.0.html

The thread from the '70 Charger Registry forum back in July (right after D-C.com crashed and we were orphaned over there)
http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1915&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There may have been other threads about Clayton's car as well, but if you read the last two linked threads you'll see what the real story of the car is.  If you still have questions about the car or the seller, please feel free to ask here or PM me.

Geno

69_500

Hey Gene, I was told at the swap meet here in INDY that Clayton sold the car recently is that true?

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on March 05, 2006, 12:50:48 PM
Hey Gene, I was told at the swap meet here in INDY that Clayton sold the car recently is that true?

I honestly don't know.  It's been a couple of months since I've talked with Clay or Clayton.  I'll maybe give them a call this week to find out what the story is.  Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, with the way prices have shot up recently.  Someone's gonna take a flyer on it sooner or later.

There was a rumor I heard from two or three people last fall that he had sold it.  When I asked, he still had it - but that was back after Thanksgiving.

When I find out, I'll let you guys know.

:scope:

69_500

Well I had heard it at the swap meet this weekend that they had sold it for $70K. I didn't figure they would take that for it, as  they kept asking around $100K.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2006, 05:32:25 AM
Well I had heard it at the swap meet this weekend that they had sold it for $70K. I didn't figure they would take that for it, as  they kept asking around $100K.

Thanks for the heads-up - I'll check it out and let you guys know

Crazy Larry

Quote from: hemigeno on March 04, 2006, 10:37:25 PM
Boy, what is it about Clayton's car recently?  Second thread this week about it...

I had a long-winded reply all typed up to defend Clayton against some of the comments made by others on this thread.  I'll refrain and give those people the benefit of the doubt.

Defend Clayton against some of the comments about the rust?

do tell....

BigBlockSam

hemigeno

Larry & Rene,

I sent you both a PM, since you asked. 

Most of the untrue statements made in this thread have been covered in the posts I linked to earlier, and those who would like to know more about the car should be able to get to the bottom of the story by reading those posts.  As I said, I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt, since this car definitely has some "unique" attributes.  At first blush, there are things that all of us wonder about - that is until you know a whole lot more about the history of the car.

If (after reading the previous posts) there are still questions about the car, I'll try and answer them as best I can.

:cheers:

BigBlockSam

did he sell it for sure? at the right price that would be a decent project. wing car projects or not totally correct  cars have come down alittle, i need them to come down just alittle more, so i can get my bird . Rene

hemigeno

Rene, I was hoping to have another reason to call Clayton besides just being nosy about whether his Daytona sold or not.  I'll catch up with him soon though.

BigBlockSam

COOL, i've got my two houses on the market and hopefully after building the new house, with the big garage. there will be alittle money left over for a real superbird project. i'm not into owning concourse cars. all my cars are real nice drivers. now we call them factory correct cars.   :boogie:
see that dancing banana, that'll be me on the day i get my bird. Rene

hemigeno

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 07, 2006, 06:16:55 PM
COOL, i've got my two houses on the market and hopefully after building the new house, with the big garage. there will be alittle money left over for a real superbird project. i'm not into owning concourse cars. all my cars are real nice drivers. now we call them factory correct cars.   :boogie:
see that dancing banana, that'll be me on the day i get my bird. Rene

I hear ya - this will be me when I actually get to drive the Daytona:

69_500

Put me down for a dancing banana in about 20 years when I can have a wing car of my own too.