News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK---F & F now has a Daytona?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, September 21, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

OK WTF is this now?  From the new upcoming Fast & Furious 6 movie...

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TruckDriver

Which means it will be killed in the movie.... and or along with several others too  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

DC_1

Where did you find that?

I am surprised they don't bring back his Charger that they keep killing off in every movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0MW3CJUvUM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1974dodgecharger

say what you will, but FandF is a great popcorn movie thats why they keep making so much money  :2thumbs:

As for the chargers they keep killing I seen worse what people do to the old chargers  :flame:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on September 21, 2012, 07:53:08 PM

Where did you find that?

I am surprised they don't bring back his Charger that they keep killing off in every movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0MW3CJUvUM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Its on their Facebook page....
They have this other pic with what looks like the same car  (see the holes on the A-pillar)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Indygenerallee

Look at how they recessed the gas cap!! Looks cool!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

A383Wing

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 21, 2012, 08:16:16 PM

yea...I really like it

Bryan

Indygenerallee

The car should get some serious screen time as well being Dom's car, I noticed that back glass has a bow to it like a stock 2nd gen back glass!?  I wonder if they made the channel and just used the stock 2nd gen glass being as there is no window trim on it either, I noticed the drip rail is modifed as well.

chargerboy69

Yea, that is cool.

I thought the last one was really good, the series has gotten better with age.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

1974dodgecharger

YES the charger is fckin cool especially the 2nd gens, this movie should increase the values next summer (again) on those 2nd gens  :icon_smile_big: :nana:

Indygenerallee

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 21, 2012, 08:35:09 PM

Yea, that is cool.

I thought the last one was really good, the series has gotten better with age.
:iagree:

DC_1

Indygenerallee

Nose looks real weird from that angle! almost like stock valance panel with the nose made onto it!? But being Hollywood I would say it's a total custom nose. Im not digging the cheap quarter panel exhaust exits. Thanks for the pics DC!!

charger Downunder

No quarter windows up front one piece glass.
[/quote]

Bob T

Actually with the full glass and no stainless trim I reckon it looks pretty cool, chin spoiler and wheels suit it and at least it aint black for a change
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Hemidog

That thing looks good! Can't wait for the new movie.
Hopefully they will keep to wrecking ricers in this installment....

Mike DC

I would bet money that it's still the same car according to the story. 

The way it got wrecked in the last movie wasn't even as bad as the 2 wrecks before it.  And it has undergone big visible changes before.  The paint has gone back and forth between glossy & flat, wheels/tires/chome has changed around, it just had a flat stock hood in the most recent movie, etc.

The window plug is probably fiberglass, maybe the rest of the Daytona stuff too.  For the last two movies they already have been putting fiberglass front clips onto the Chargers rather than trying to scrounge up enough 1970 Charger-specific sheetmetal.  They just put metal front ends onto the cars that are scheduled to get crunched onscreen, and use 'glass front clips on the rest of them. 

If we're asking for the car to get major respect & screen time & action, then we're probably asking for them to wipe out a couple of them.  That's what happens in this movie franchise and Hollywood in general these days. 

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

BB1

It's the only thing that keeps Vin Diesel working I suppose. Didn't see the last one.
Delete my profile

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: BB1 on September 22, 2012, 07:04:45 AM
It's the only thing that keeps Vin Diesel working I suppose. Didn't see the last one.

you missed out it was the best one of the series.......though his 70 did not get much screen time they dedicated the new chargers to that series because Ralphe Gilles had a hand in that movie with the cars he wanted to promote the new charger due to low sales vs the challenger.

Indygenerallee

From the looks of it as I stated before I think that back glass is most likely the stock 2nd gen Charger piece and they have made a plug for it to fit in, look at the curvature on the glass, exactly like a stock 2nd gen rear window. I bet the only thing that is probably Daytona specific is the rear wing and I bet money it's fiberglass. Still going to be good to see a Daytona on the big screen!!

1974dodgecharger

that is one sweet pic....man.

All 2nd gen chargers are for the bad boys!!!!!  YOu guys ever noticed that in majority of all movies the 2nd gen charger is for the bad guys and good guys driver mustanks...errr..I mean mustangs.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 21, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

OK WTF is this now?  From the new upcoming Fast & Furious 6 movie...

Strange looking, not sure if I like it yet.   :shruggy:

They saved money on not using rear window mouldings, no rain gutter mouldings, & no vent wing window frames to rechrome either. Imagine if that gas cap was done that way from the factory? Water would've collected in there, then freeze & you'd never get the cap open.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

chargerboy69

I found this on You Tube.

The new Fast and Furious 6 cars being transported on a hauler in Spain. Yes, the Daytona is there too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSXIQuh-qRU
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford