News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

slider calipers

Started by hawkeye, September 30, 2012, 04:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

when i bought my 70 charger, it had slider type brake calipers.  however when looking to get parts, slider don't appear until 73.  it is safe to assume that someone swapped them out or did they indeed make them in 70?  it is identical to the ones they show for a 73 charger.  did they make different styles of sliders?  it is front mounted.   thanks hawkeye

b5blue

They have been swapped out.

hawkeye

finally got every thing figured out (i think).  the spindles are off a 73-74 e body or a 73-76 a body.  the calipers are off a 73-76 b body- may be others.  the brakes lines are off a 73-76 a body.  great article by mopar action online disc-o-tech.  may not be the best set-up in the world but at least i know what i'm dealing with.

bull

Quote from: hawkeye on October 01, 2012, 05:13:10 PM
finally got every thing figured out (i think).  the spindles are off a 73-74 e body or a 73-76 a body.  the calipers are off a 73-76 b body- may be others.  the brakes lines are off a 73-76 a body.  great article by mopar action online disc-o-tech.  may not be the best set-up in the world but at least i know what i'm dealing with.

That's a common swap.