News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

djcarguy

I totally agree the show is way better this year,and improving with each show.. i meet Mark bout 25 years ago,in the Mopars unlimited club.way back he built up old mopar cop cars even a two front end movie cop car,its still around at a car lot.  stayed in touch over the years and stop in too see what he's building. he has done some awesum cudas and challenger and chargers .

i will keep watching and talking about the show,and as always love mopars from ruff hot rods to show cars. Tom you were really busy with Mark the evening i saw danes daytona out front and came back to check out his and your daytonas. you may best remember me that nite ,for mark yelling at me an darren to shut up. i thought you guys were just looking at Danes tona and the camera was so small looked like they were just taking still shots.my mistake as it was a small vidio cam and we were tooo loud,sorry.. then i met ya briefly in shop and looked over your Daytona and and went out to chase and guard dane tona outside. as everyone was inside and dane had left his keys on the pass seat and several guys an 1 bicyle boosoo was hangin by his tona..  i posted about it on my dartona thread as best nite in years seeing two daytona's and 25 other mopars in one nite..as it was a friday ,i went on too a show at brooks auto parts to see more mopars..

well come back in the summer an check out some of the shows .all da best on daytona build,sad that soon as its done it will head to the wrong coast and may never see it run down the road.latterDJCARGUY in spfld,OR

djcarguy

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 30, 2013, 09:07:25 AM
This is really aggravating that I can't see the show anywhere  :brickwall:

I have too go watch at the Pour House tavern ,new show on tuesday ,but i like to go thursday  and see this week an last in the same nite..   AS i dont do good with drinking and cant afford to get busted or in fights. i order my dr.pepper and they hand me the remote for the corner booth with padded seating . its  away  from the bar and i can turn it up and watch 2 car channels.usually draw in and talk with other car guys. way back it was a heavy nascar bar and crowd,now sports nuts and some young gals bring my food ,nice.   well its a way too see the show and have ran into afew old car guy and x co-workers..   latterr  2 shows tonite. come on down,long drive for some of ya. dj

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on January 31, 2013, 08:26:23 AM
Troy, Stuart and to the other guys whom I don't know your name yet .. thanks for the info and support. I have read several pages of Genes thread, in fact I think I used the pictures of how the fenders should look as a reference for Mark. I tried searching for Johns thread but didn't know what it was called. I'm learning more each day about these cars and Mark is doing his research also.  I wish it was possible for you guys who know your stuff about these cars to go to Marks shop and point out every detail the way it should be. I know he and i would appreciate it and it would be cool for the show.  Better yet, lets have a Mopar show at his shop !!  I know he'd put that on the show.  I'll buy the pizza and beer.  I know I may seem a bit edgy or defensive when it comes to Mark shop and the show, and perhaps I'm wrong with this thinking, but when guys knock the way he does something, thats kind of knocking the shop and the way my car is going to turn out, but yet none of these people have been to the shop and seen the work. I don't knock other peoples cars or shops. Then people complain about 6 minutes of a wedding or 10 minutes of paintball ... I'm glad to take that along with the 30 minutes of mopar stuff.  People keep complaining and maybe the show can be replaced with Fords or Chevy's.  Those are nice cars, but I'm partial to Mopars.  Mark is always open to suggestions for improvement, as you see this year is an improvement of last.  By the way, I actually thought it was kind of funny that Royal nailed Mark with the paintballs.  :lol: 
tom here is the links i sent to mark

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48725.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64519.0.html
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

r4daytona

r4daytona

Quote from: 41husk on January 31, 2013, 08:54:09 AM
I would bring the clone.
Clones would be welcome!  I saw Danes, its awesome.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Tom,
Here's John's thread...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64519.0.html

It would be great to have a gathering, but that far to the Northwest would be difficult for me..... Plant the seed in his ear about the Aero-trilogy, I could us a discount on the restoration of my C500.. :)

Also, was nice seeing Mike's Superbird being unloaded......

Mark getting nailed by Royal was priceless...... The quite win sometimes.......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

r4daytona

Troy, I'll let him know it's available but I let you figure the price. I have talked with mark about doing a segement that discusses why and how the daytona was built. In fact I even sent him a very homemade version of myself doing it so he could get the idea. God i hope he doesn't play it. nowTHAT would be free game for criticising!  :smilielol:  Anyway, in that I did mention the 500 was the predecessor to the daytona and compared the areodynamics of a regular charger.  Maybe something liek that will air.  Why don't you give him a call and talk to him about your 500?
Tom

hemi68charger

Quote from: r4daytona on January 31, 2013, 01:32:43 PM
...  Why don't you give him a call and talk to him about your 500?
Tom

Will do..........

Cheers,
T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Tom if ya need any pictures of little details on a Daytona feel free to hit me up. If I do not have a picture of it I will go back to unrestored cars and take he picture for ya. Any excuse to make more trips to see Daytona's.

Daytona Guy

R4daytona,

Do you have a link to pics of your Daytona?

Also, I did chuckle when he said they are re-popping the Daytona Wing now, (I paid him to say that - just kidding) when I talked to him - he does listen and takes a lot in - he is a great guy. Great show. We should all just enjoy it. Too many times Mopar people shoot their own :(

Dane

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

r4daytona

You're right Dane, people should just enjoy it. You're also right about people shooting themselves in the foot.  I cannot believe how critical and picky some are. Constructive criticism is great, Mark does listen, as you've seen an improvement in this season, but some need to lighten up. Let the show grow and develop before people cut it down, or better yet, perhaps they can shell $$$$$$$$$ and hire all the people and make their own show.  I can't even imagine how much Mark has invested in this and people complain about a few minutes of non car stuff. :brickwall: I timed the non car stuff I saw so far in the last three shows: 2 minutes about cabinets, total of 10 mins on paintball, 3-4 in the pumpkin patch, 7 mins. on the blaster and 6 mins on the crane. Oh, and less then 1 min hanging the banner. Commercial or not, I thought the crane and blaster were pretty cool.  Then comments like " it took 2 people to get a u-joint" ...so what!  I've gone with friends to the store. As i've said, I know I'm biased but people really need to lighten up! This board seems a more receptive than the Car Guys, so thanks to everyone enjoying it and thanks to all with constructive, rational suggestions.

DJ , I do vaguely remember you stopping up because I remember someone that I hadn't met being there. Then when Mark said to be quiet I just thought you were one of his friends.    I'm glad you and Dane both got to see his shop and meet him and his guys.  Constructive criticsm is no problem, but some are just a little bit picky IMHO.  Next time I'm up there I plan on letting you and Dane know, maybe we can grab lunch or dinner?  Feel free to comment about Mark and his shop on the Car Guys forum so maybe some of them will lighten because I'm just getting tired of it.

hotrod98

I was amazed at how many guys bashed American Hotrod and said that they would never watch the show yet they always knew what had happened on the previous weeks show. There are haters everywhere. I say ignore them. They're losers.
I have guys around here that dis me for no reason whatsoever. They're just jealous that I bought the mopars back when they were much cheaper. They spent their money on their own bad habits. Not spent as much as wasted really. Now they blame me for buying up all of the cars and say that I ran up the prices. They were just too cheap back then to step up and pay what the sellers wanted. Now I'm the bad guy...lol.
I enjoy Mark's show and look forward to watching it each week. It seems ironic that I have virtually the same cars in my shop, Maniac Musclecars. Some mine, some customer's. We currently have a 69 matching numbers Daytona (wingin it), a 71 Shaker hood B5 cuda, my 70 Challenger R/T SE, 383, plum crazy car, my 71 Cuda drag car and a 69 hemi Roadrunner. Some of my other cars are in the shop for minor repairs and maintenance occasionally so the bird and my cudas and roadrunners are there from time to time. Pics at www.maniacmusclecars.com
The difference is that since I'm down to three people including me, we no longer have the amount of drama that we once did. Back when my son was working with me it was more like Orange County Chopper. My son and I butted heads quite often. We were referred to as Paul and Paul Jr..

Keep up the good work Mark.

Note to Mark if you read this. I'm one of your friends on facebook (Larry Roper).

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

You see :) I see a difference with this show, because they are doing it (the drama Momma) tongue and cheek. The Chopper program I could not handle at all - because it was a bunch of grown men on the rag, way toooooo much estrogen for me, ha ha. I just wanted them to get on their speedos and start wrestling – (just shoved a pencil in my eyeball). These guys on Graveyard Cars are having fun with it.

Dane

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 02, 2013, 12:53:46 AM
I enjoy Mark's show and look forward to watching it each week. It seems ironic that I have virtually the same cars in my shop, Maniac Musclecars. Some mine, some customer's. We currently have a 69 matching numbers Daytona (wingin it), a 71 Shaker hood B5 cuda, my 70 Challenger R/T SE, 383, plum crazy car, my 71 Cuda drag car and a 69 hemi Roadrunner. Some of my other cars are in the shop for minor repairs and maintenance occasionally so the bird and my cudas and roadrunners are there from time to time. Pics at www.maniacmusclecars.com
The difference is that since I'm down to three people including me, we no longer have the amount of drama that we once did. Back when my son was working with me it was more like Orange County Chopper. My son and I butted heads quite often. We were referred to as Paul and Paul Jr..

Keep up the good work Mark.

Note to Mark if you read this. I'm one of your friends on facebook (Larry Roper).

Funny Larry I was thinking the same thing, similar cars in the shop, and ironic that both are doing a Daytona right now.
Will have to crank up the old thread on my car again to "boost" your ratings..  :lol:

hotrod98

Never hurts to have your ratings boosted. Would be even better if I had my own television show.  ;D

While searching the web yesterday, I found this Wallpaper pic that someone made. It's the Challenger that I built for my wife, Sandra, a few years back. Kinda wish I had it back...lol
This car brought in quite a few new jobs for us.

Charles Addams

JB400

Great looking Challenger :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs:  What replaced it?

hotrod98

At the Time I sold the Challenger, we had about twelve Mopars, all running and driving. All E and B bodies. I had also built my wife a 73 Cuda clone with a modern driveline in it. She preferred driving the Cuda over the Challenger. It just drove so much more like a modern car. The hemi was a handful to drive.
Here's her Cuda. We still have it.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Check out this video of the hemi Challenger convertible that I built. You'll understand why she chose the Cuda instead. Like I said, the hemi was a handful.
This video was made by Lucas Mopars in Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eb4Ln7viCw

Charles Addams

r4daytona

hotrod, sounds you you know your crap about cars, way more knowledge than me, but then again it seems like most guys here do!  Thats ok I'm learning. winginit's car sound pretty awesome, wish I had the motor for mine.  You guys are right, the show is developing and Mark is honing in on shaping the show to appeal to a wide demograpic of viewers while trying to keep it heavy on cars.  It's funny that people made fun of you for buying cars when they were cheaper and now they're worth good money.  People made fun of me because I did the nerdy thing and collected coins ... still do.  I still buy coin collections and can beat the prices of any dealer or "buying Gold" type of ads. Now I have a pretty nice collection.
Anyway, thanks for the input. Feel free to call anytime. (716)549-1756  Tom

GYC Undertaker

Hi guys, Mark here. Just trying to make an effort to keep in touch once and a while. I did post in the car guys that it's just been crazy busy with the phone calls and starting to film Season III.  Your suggestions/comments don't fall on deaf ears. I think you can see that since I think most will agree that Season II is better than Season I. I watch myself and what we do over and over again to make improvements.  We are working on some really cool things for Season III.  Hopefully the stars will align and we can make things happen.  Thanks for your support and constructive criticism it is taken to heart.  With your help we can make this the best show about the best cars!! Hopefully these pics of Toms Daytona come through.  I'm still learning!

Mark