News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcarenvy

Hey Mark, love the show. Thanks for posting pics!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

good pic's. your learning mark. thanks for dropping in. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

C_stripes

Looks good Mark. Can't wait to see the show tonight.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: wingcarenvy on February 05, 2013, 02:28:03 PM
Hey Mark, love the show. Thanks for posting pics!
:2thumbs: Good show, I'm learning more from every episode.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

moparstuart

I found this one

r4daytona

I haven't even seen that one.  Where did you find it?  This is kind of wierd, but I'm enjoying this ride and looking forward to getting the car and the first drive, but I think I'm going to be a bit disappointed when it ends.  Does that sound strange??

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on February 05, 2013, 04:44:36 PM
I haven't even seen that one.  Where did you find it?  This is kind of wierd, but I'm enjoying this ride and looking forward to getting the car and the first drive, but I think I'm going to be a bit disappointed when it ends.  Does that sound strange??
well when you get disappointed you can just give it to me   :icon_smile_big:   

as far as the photo , random photos come up on facebook both the the Graveyard carz and the velocity pages .

Chargen69

you wont be disappointed when you get to quit spending $$ on it and can drive it

69_500

I have to ask. Are you going to have the words "Dodge" going back on the wing? Just curious. Mainly because that wing has had that on there for 30+ years at this point. It was on it in 1981 anyways. But then again at that time that wing was on another Daytona too.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: r4daytona on February 05, 2013, 04:44:36 PM
Buy another one and do it all over.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

r4daytona

Quote from: 69_500 on February 05, 2013, 05:54:33 PM
I have to ask. Are you going to have the words "Dodge" going back on the wing? Just curious. Mainly because that wing has had that on there for 30+ years at this point. It was on it in 1981 anyways. But then again at that time that wing was on another Daytona too.

You know something, I never thought of that but now that you mention it that might not be a bad idea. I think it was you at one time that mentioned how alot of these cars that had those 70's paint jobs it gave those cars character, and that when you go to the shows the originals all start to look the same. That "dodge" is rather iconic and not that much fix should I ever want to change it.  I know it's hot the original wing from that car but it is an original wing none the less.   Lets take a poll....  Who says the "DODGE" should go back on the wing ????

hemi68charger

Quote from: r4daytona on February 06, 2013, 08:09:03 AM
...   Lets take a poll....  Who says the "DODGE" should go back on the wing ????

Naaa... That's what a photo album is for...  :yesnod:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

I say do it , like you say its an easy fix to remove it if you dont like it
and there are so many red daytonas out there it will sets yours apart .   :Twocents:

C_stripes

I say put it on. You could even use good quality vinyl stickers and then just pull them off if you decide to. Either way, it's going to be a cool ride. Mark and they guys to excellent work!
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

hemi68charger

Quote from: C_stripes on February 06, 2013, 10:39:40 AM
I say put it on. You could even use good quality vinyl stickers and then just pull them off if you decide to. Either way, it's going to be a cool ride. Mark and they guys to excellent work!

That IS a good idea I'd have to agree with...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

yep! don't want your Daytona to look like all the other hundrets of Daytona at all the shows.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on February 06, 2013, 12:34:29 PM
yep! don't want your Daytona to look like all the other hundrets of Daytona at all the shows.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :nana: :nana: :nana:

JB400

Nothing wrong with adding one or two minor custom touches.

WINGIN IT

Agreed, I plan on adding a couple of custom touches to mine.
Gotta keep it from getting confused with that OTHER Y2 Daytona about an hour from me  :D
Not that you wouldn't be able to tell an OE Gold car from a nice driver  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 06, 2013, 01:38:35 PM
Gotta keep it from getting confused with that OTHER Y2 Daytona about an hour from me  :D
there is a Y2 hemi daytona about 10 minutes from me , but it has quite a few custom touches  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

and if you do add dodge to the wing, everyone that watches the show, but doesnt know you or this site will instantly know its the car from graveyard carz just by seeing the wing.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

No real or clones like mine nearby!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 06, 2013, 01:38:35 PM

Joe, The obvious difference will be the dual quad high rise sticking out of your hood and the Corvette style side pipes.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

70EK2Bird

Leave the Dodge on the wing. It is always more fun to be different :)

Look at my car, you won't see another one that looks like it anywhere

Thanks to Mark for bringing us beautiful Mopars to look at when they are all in pieces and when they get put back together.