News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Our Daytona flew for the first time in decades today. While we have a few things left on the old girl, we are almost ready to let her fly east. What a thrill to drive! I can't wait to see it on television.
Like ·
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Budnicks

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 27, 2013, 08:46:21 PM

Looks AWESOME!  :2thumbs: :drool5:
no it's freaken' awesome !! , I can't wait to see the video of the 1st joy ride,  :2thumbs: congrats  :cheers: & Happy Belated Birthday
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

hemi68charger

Looks great !!!!!  I just noticed from one of the pictures that the hood safety latch isn't installed........... Just an observation....  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

djcarguy

latch is off to pervent josh from getting a head or brain injury,hahahaha.  me at 6' 2'' i remove the hood latch or stick  some of that pipe insolation on it when working on engines. few inches of pipe wrap an a zip tie can help alot. :eek2: :drool5: :'( :RantExplode: :cheers:

:popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: ALSO went by the shop to see if that awsum Daytona was still out in the rain with the window down???   it was not out or any where to bee seen at 11pm monday nite,hoped it wood bee in front showroom . :cheers:

Aero426

That car has sure come a long way.

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
The Daytona smokin' the tires for the first time in 30 years. I love this picture!!!

held1823

the car is beyond nice, but majorly lacking in horsepower compared to the other vehicle in the photo.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

maxwellwedge

Them pointy nose cars sure look cool!   :cheers:

pettybird

Quote from: held1823 on October 29, 2013, 11:27:57 AM
the car is beyond nice, but majorly lacking in horsepower compared to the other vehicle in the photo.

No kidding.  1500HP>375HP.  The Daytona doesn't run on remote control, either.

Aero426

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on October 29, 2013, 12:11:42 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 29, 2013, 11:53:48 AM
Them pointy nose cars sure look cool!   :cheers:

Yes they do. 
plus red , with white interior and white wing  great color combo   :Twocents:

projectanimal

Finally caught up on the last few months of progress.... Holy shitballs!!!  BEAUTIFUL car, and sweet picture of the burnout! 
Looking forward to see how GYC edits the build for the show. 
:2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Can't wait to see this ride in person!  :cheers:
northwest CT

1970Moparmann

Awesome build.  Enjoy it Tom! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on October 27, 2013, 09:42:34 PM
Our Daytona flew for the first time in decades today. While we have a few things left on the old girl, we are almost ready to let her fly east. What a thrill to drive! I can't wait to see it on television.
Like ·

Your Daytona ?  :scratchchin:

djcarguy

Just went back to see the 1st 6 pages,,,,?????WOW ITs HARD too believe its the same car??   as the main body work was done an posted less than a year ago??  WOW AWESUM looking Daytona ,love the red with white tail.

Did get some news an insider info??  but was sworn to keep it to myself till it is made available to the public masses,, top secret insider trading info,,hahahaha,,,tell ya latter  ookkk.

I know i wood bee pissed if someone did a burnoff with my car and new paint an tires?? well Tom give the word an i will go save ya Daytona from those lead foot guys,lol.   latter DJ   :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :D

r4daytona

Quote from: Tom Swope on October 27, 2013, 11:13:01 AM
Tom , Car is beautiful and the guys at GCz did an excellent/professional job. We sent the exhaust up with Josh last week and hopefully you like it.

Tom, that exhaust looked and sounded great.  You guys at Accurate Exhaust did and awesome job!   You, along with many others, really helped put this project together.  I couldn't have done it without you and all the people that provided parts and guys from this site with the knowledge they have.  If something needs correction, I'll get to it, unfortunately the way some people put it, it seems like they just like to pick at my car because they like to find flaw in whats done at the shop.  It is ironic that most of the people that make the negative comments, rarely make a nice one.  GYC has done an awesome job.

Anyway, it was a great time up there this weekend.  I went up there for two reasons; to get my car at least finished enough and driveable for filming and to meet Bill Goldberg since I helped in getting him there.  I was a bit pushy I'm sure, but we got the job done!  I was a bit disappointed in not being in a shot with Bill, but I'll be fine.  I still plan on going there to help and be that "pesty" customer, but Mark knows my drive is for a good cause.

I've helped Mark alot and he has really done a tremendous job for me so hopefully when this is all done I'll still be involved.  I sure hope so since they are really nice people.   I couldn't have had a more fun group to do my car.  They've exceeded my expectations.

And yes, that was me doing that burn out!  I loved every second.

hemi68charger

Quote from: r4daytona on October 31, 2013, 02:15:57 PM

And yes, that was me doing that burn out!  I loved every second.

:2thumbs:   OK, We expect to see you now at Talladega next year during the AeroWarrior Meet........  ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 31, 2013, 02:35:33 PM
:2thumbs:   OK, We expect to see you now at Talladega next year during the AeroWarrior Meet........  ;D

x2!  Can't wait to meet the members and see the rides! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

r4daytona

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 28, 2013, 03:30:56 PM
Looks great !!!!!  I just noticed from one of the pictures that the hood safety latch isn't installed........... Just an observation....  :2thumbs:
You're right.  There are still a bunch little things that need to be taken care of and/or adjusted.  The goal this past weekend was to get it done for the season so to speak.  As seen in the picture for example, it still needed the front wheel opening mouldings and I need to get the correct length lanyards.  Mark and his guys are going to take care of that stuff. 

I never would have expected in a million years what has transpired with my car.  It's been, and going to be a blast to have it.  And to think it all started with a joke I made to Kim at Passion4mopars.  They did a great job on my wiper motor, alternator and carb.

billssuperbird

Can't wait to see it in person.  :cheers: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs: :hack: :buff: :paintingpink: :drive: :woohoo:

tan top

looks awesome  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  great stuff   :yesnod:  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

War wagon

Beautiful car, just read all 20 pages of this thread :o :smilielol:
Very inspirational :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Hope you get many years behind the wheel, I think its awesome you built it too drive :Twocents:

Budnicks

Quote from: moparstuart on October 29, 2013, 11:14:05 AM
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
The Daytona smokin' the tires for the first time in 30 years. I love this picture!!!
that's a very cool sight,  :cheers: good for Tom  :2thumbs: , car looks awesome, I hope he really enjoys it...  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

moparstuart

gravetona lives