News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Quote from: hawkeye on December 14, 2012, 10:27:26 AM
does anyone know if he (mark) has made any progress on finding his old charger?

I'm friends with Mark on Facebook, and I believe he is still looking for it.  know he was posting pics of it a few months ago talking about it. I hope he did.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

polywideblock

i agree! no drama!  not another "OCC" enough of that "type" of show, "JUST THE FACTS MAME"!

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Cooter

Don't stand a chance with the "No drama" thing today. Drama sells. Look at all these reality shows. Believe it or not, the TV people are interested in making your ol ladies, neighbor who knows nothing about musclecars, etc. watch the show too. No TV show is geared towards actual "Car guys".
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

Quote from: Cooter on December 14, 2012, 12:58:51 PM
Don't stand a chance with the "No drama" thing today. Drama sells. Look at all these reality shows. Believe it or not, the TV people are interested in making your ol ladies, neighbor who knows nothing about musclecars, etc. watch the show too. No TV show is geared towards actual "Car guys".

You sir are correct.  There has to be drama in order for it to even make a chance of airing.  There will likely never be a how to car show minus the drama, which is what I would really want to see.  I don't have Velocity anyway so moot point...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

I Don't know, It seems that shows like Chasing Classic Cars and Wheeler Dealers seem to do quite well (still around, quite a few seasons) and they don't seem to have all that drama.   :Twocents:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Indygenerallee

QuoteI Don't know, It seems that shows like Chasing Classic Cars and Wheeler Dealers seem to do quite well (still around, quite a few seasons) and they don't seem to have all that drama.   
Yep!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

projectanimal

northwest CT

moparstuart

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mopar Nut

Show is set to record on my DVR Jan. 8th on Velocity, can't wait.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Silver R/T

Watched first episode... cool cars, too much drama.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 28, 2012, 02:34:55 PM
Watched first episode... cool cars, too much drama.

You must have seen last seasons stuff.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Silver R/T

Hopefully they'll put more seasons on YouTube as I don't have cable and not willing to pay $$ for drama show.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Paul G

It is a good show. I saw a few episodes last year. Mainly because it is all Mopar. Something I know a wee little bit about.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Ricomondo

I just checked their website I've never watched this show. Is it all strictly Mopars? and I see they are gonna have a marathon to catch up on the past seasons. Did the V code Cuda ever get finished? Lastly, is this a good show to watch?
1970 Mr. Norm's Challenger T/A

Mopar Nut

In my opinion, it's a very good show.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nvrbdn

in the beginning i felt too much time was spent on the characters and not enough on the cars. they built some beautiful mopars. word is that now that the characters have all been introduced, they will spend more on the cars. plus doing a daytona this year. im saying a must watch. plus they really try to get every detail right on their restorations.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

DC_1

After seeing this thread I searched out and watched a few episodes from season 1. I will say i agree with others in that there does seem to be too much drama. However, I understand based on the current success of so many reality shows - and for that matter the success of OCC -  the chances of the show appealing to a broad audience beyond just "car enthusiasts" would be an import factor to it being picked up by a cable network.  The need for the show to have characters and story lines beyond the cars obviously drives the direction and content of the shows. I do hope going forward they more evenly balance the technical and detailed footage of the actual restoration. Even OCC showed Junior tin bashing a tank once in awhile!.... although it did seem to be less and less as the series matured.

Let's just hope the drama is a big enough draw for the larger audience and they don't resort to restoring a Camero or Corrvette to get the "numbers" up!

r4daytona

Hello guys, I think most, but not all of you know this, but I am having my Daytona restored by Mark. I found out it, and my beautiful face (LOL) is going to be part of the first episode. I'll agree with most, I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't as much about cars in the first season but as I was mentioned in a previous post in the areo cars, Marks original intent was that the show was about characters that happened to restore Mopars. I believe, and Mark has told me that you will see more about cars this season and the next.  I can say this since I was at the shop and hung out with those guys... they are a bit crazy/goofy and insulting ... even at dinner.  But just like we all have our friends that we make fun of and bust each others balls, they have respect for each other.  Heck, Mark and I rip on each other when we're on the phone but we respect each other.  I give him alot of credit because when he filmed the first season 2 years ago he had no help from any network. No financial and I believe no technical help. He's figuring this out and listiening to all of your advice.  And yes, he is trying to appeal to more than just the "car guys".  Lets face it, thats just smart business.  I'm looking forward to this season and curious to what i actually look like on TV. Mark says i look like Uncle Fester with a gotee! lol   I'm most looking forward to having my car and driving my dream.

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on January 03, 2013, 11:32:47 AM
Hello guys, I think most, but not all of you know this, but I am having my Daytona restored by Mark. I found out it, and my beautiful face (LOL) is going to be part of the first episode. I'll agree with most, I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't as much about cars in the first season but as I was mentioned in a previous post in the areo cars, Marks original intent was that the show was about characters that happened to restore Mopars. I believe, and Mark has told me that you will see more about cars this season and the next.  I can say this since I was at the shop and hung out with those guys... they are a bit crazy/goofy and insulting ... even at dinner.  But just like we all have our friends that we make fun of and bust each others balls, they have respect for each other.  Heck, Mark and I rip on each other when we're on the phone but we respect each other.  I give him alot of credit because when he filmed the first season 2 years ago he had no help from any network. No financial and I believe no technical help. He's figuring this out and listiening to all of your advice.  And yes, he is trying to appeal to more than just the "car guys".  Lets face it, thats just smart business.  I'm looking forward to this season and curious to what i actually look like on TV. Mark says i look like Uncle Fester with a gotee! lol   I'm most looking forward to having my car and driving my dream.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:      Uncle Fester  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TruckDriver

Quote from: moparstuart on January 03, 2013, 12:36:27 PM
Quote from: r4daytona on January 03, 2013, 11:32:47 AM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:      Uncle Fester  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I talked to Mark a few times on FB and here. I like the guy. I hope he can get DVD box sets for his show cause I dont get any tv channels that carrys his show.
PETE

moparstuart

moparstuart