News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 27, 2013, 10:00:36 PM
camping in a park????  no tent????  thats funny. one saturday to put brake lines on, and one week to finish everything else.

you guys are right, its a car show about restorations of cars that are brought back from the dead with stories of those cars finding out how they died......................but never work on cars.

and if im only tuning in to these shows to watch the restoration part, this show would be off the list.....well, im taking a different approach with this one and calling it a show about guys that like mopars, and actually work on them once in a while. and im enjoying it more. there is good humor, robbing peter to pay paul stuff, and some nice cars. and "CHIP" is getting his car worked on. :smilielol:
:nana: yeah maybe that would be a better way to look at the show, just another damn reality sitcom that shows a few MoPar's every once in a while...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 28, 2013, 02:59:51 PM
How about when "Chip" opens his hood up and complains that his paint is flaking off.  :o
yeah... "Only a handful of people in the world can do that", to quote Mark  :nana:, he did say the car has been outside & under a tarp, with snow hail & the torrential rains they get up there in Oregon, for the last 10 years....

Budnicks

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 27, 2013, 03:44:39 AM
I just watched this week's episode for the first time in 2 weeks. In fast forward of course. Along with even more stupid and made up drama, they installed 2 fuel lines and an e brake cable, and that's all there was. That & 2 more sponsors; the energy drink & repro line company. Speaking of which; wouldn't it have been easier to install all of the brake & fuel lines prior to the drive train & suspension?  ::)

Because it's about Mopars, I want to like the show, but there is absolutely nothing there. Zero, zip, nada. It's really a shame because it had the potential to be a great show, but instead, it's just a complete disappointment and a waste of everybody's time.  :down:
your 100% correct on both parts... at that rate their going it won't be "done in a week", after the owner called pissed, because it still wasn't done,  :slap: Mark said "don't worry just bring your checkbook" or something to that order...

dyslexic teddybear

Anyone watch a History channel show......American Restorations?

Not about cars at all. Most often restoring Coke machines, bicycles. etc. But Rick seems to know a lot about the history of what they do, the crew actually works, and a lot of the "how to" is shown. Disassemble, sand blast, paint. Very little fake drama. One of the few shows I watch.

So it IS possible to do a restoration show right. Would love to see cars done this way.

TUFCAT

Quote from: rooks on March 27, 2013, 10:15:59 PM

Next weeks episode is the "Season finale".

As far as I'm concerned this should be the "Series Finale".

I've devoted enough time hoping the product would eventually get better. I've watch every episode waiting for some improvement since everybody said season 2 would be a better product. Ultimately Mark did not deliver on his promise and his perverbiable second chance was a joke because this show SUCKS!  :down:

It's sad to say the only worthwhile (and memorable) segment of season 2 was the 8 minutes devoted to the Father/Son Superbird Project.

After two disastrous "seasons" I doubt we'll ever see a season 3. :badidea:  He had a chance of a lifetime to make something great for the mopar hobby and blew it. :moon:

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 29, 2013, 09:38:56 PM
Quote from: rooks on March 27, 2013, 10:15:59 PM

Next weeks episode is the "Season finale".

As far as I'm concerned this should be the "Series Finale".

I've devoted enough time hoping the product would eventually get better. I've watch every episode waiting for some improvement since everybody said season 2 would be a better product. Ultimately Mark did not deliver on his promise and his perverbiable second chance was a joke because this show SUCKS!  :down:

It's sad to say the only worthwhile (and memorable) segment of season 2 was the 8 minutes devoted to the Father/Son Superbird Project.

After two disastrous "seasons" I doubt we'll ever see a season 3. :badidea:  This guy had a chance of a lifetime to make something great for the mopar hobby but pissed it away. :flush:

there will be a season three and its a top rated show on velocity ,  we have two member here have there cars restored on this show so shame on you for hoping it dies  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TUFCAT

I love you Stu, but I won't be watching anymore.

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 29, 2013, 10:14:27 PM
I love you Stu, but I won't be watching anymore.

didnt ask you too if you dont like it dont watch  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: moparstuart on March 29, 2013, 10:13:01 PM
its a top rated show on velocity

You're kidding me? Could it be that it gets ratings because everyone who's tuning in hopes the next episod will get better?   :shruggy:

I'd love to see a chart showing the demographics that shows support for it.

ACUDANUT

Stu is a secret owner of GYC.  :stirthepot:

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 30, 2013, 08:54:21 AM
Stu is a secret owner of GYC.  :stirthepot:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  or definalty on the payrol    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on March 30, 2013, 09:01:48 AM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  or definalty on the payrol    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Im guessing there are a lot more morally questionable  pictures out there of the two of you than that one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 30, 2013, 09:17:05 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 30, 2013, 09:01:48 AM

Im guessing there are a lot more morally questionable  pictures out there of the two of you than that one.
I dont thing you of all people really wanna go there   :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

Is that your idea for a new and vastly improved host for the show??
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Homerr

I heard Stu's tranny swap was going as smoothly and quickly as a GYC resto.   :nana:

RJS

Just because two members here are getting their car's done there doesn't make the show good. The show is mediocre at beast.
I've decided to tolerate the characters but not everyone is that forgiving. Mark comes off as a TOOL, I didn't make him that way nor did you, he's making himself that way. He may know how to do bodywork and paint but he is green when it comes to the details on restoration.
Again I didn't make him that way nor did you, he did.The couple of guy's that get all twisted when his lack of knowledge is brought to light act like they have a financial stake in this show's success.
Mark is the one making all the statements about his own accolades but I don't see any Silver, Gold or Bronze Certificate car's with his name on them.

The show would have fared better with less boasting. The antics can and should go on but only while showing PROPER procedures to the watching public.

Also I believe all the praise is Via Facebook but don't get me started on that womanlike hobby.
Ron

JB400

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 30, 2013, 10:13:56 AM
Stu should start his one show starting with the birdible details, then the Nash.  He takes enough pix for a slideshow, video is the next step.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RJS on March 30, 2013, 11:29:33 AM
Just because two members here are getting their car's done there doesn't make the show good. The show is mediocre at beast.
I've decided to tolerate the characters but not everyone is that forgiving. Mark comes off as a TOOL, I didn't make him that way nor did you, he's making himself that way. He may know how to do bodywork and paint but he is green when it comes to the details on restoration.
Again I didn't make him that way nor did you, he did.The couple of guy's that get all twisted when his lack of knowledge is brought to light act like they have a financial stake in this show's success.
Mark is the one making all the statements about his own accolades but I don't see any Silver, Gold or Bronze Certificate car's with his name on them.

The show would have fared better with less boasting. The antics can and should go on but only while showing PROPER procedures to the watching public.

Also I believe all the praise is Via Facebook but don't get me started on that womanlike hobby.
Ron

Wow. That is exacly how I feel aswell.

Mytur Binsdirti

TUFCAT

I figured out the answer--- Stu and Mark Worman are both Junkyard Owners :think: This explains everything! :nana:

hatersaurusrex

You guys do realize that as much as you want it, the show's main purpose is not to cater to anyone in the Mopar hobby, right?

Probably 90% of the people who watch this show are casual pseudo-gearheads who like the yuks and appreciate a few fleeting glimpses of some Mopars, and that's who they're going to pander to.   Producers have to make a show that lots of people will watch, and catering only to Mopar guys (which are a small faction of the classic hobby) with an uber technical show will get that show taken off the air quickly.

That said, there could be a better balance between some of the resto stuff and the commercials.    I get a little purturbed at the product placment when they go out of their way to eat 5 minutes of airtime to talk about a sandwich they ate at Quizno's.   That's what commercials are for.  Cutting that stuff out and injecting the same 5 minutes into a segment that just kind of diagrammed the resto at hand, what would go into it, where they were at, and cost estimates or something would go a long way towards bridging the gap.   Hell they could call it 'resto breakdown brought to you by Hagerty' and flash a logo at the bottom if they needed sponsor dollars on those 5 mins.

Just my 2c
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Budnicks

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 30, 2013, 01:22:19 PM
I figured out the answer--- Stu and Mark Worman are both Junkyard Owners :think: This explains everything! :nana:
:nana: maybe that it, but I doubt it  :nana:

moparstuart

maybe but you would have to ask  Jason that question

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on March 30, 2013, 02:19:12 PM

You posted it.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 30, 2013, 03:31:26 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 30, 2013, 02:19:12 PM

You posted it.
yes sir i posted it but i have no photo shop skills what so ever