News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

projectanimal

Quote from: r4daytona on April 07, 2013, 09:07:05 PM
Well, just got back from a week at Marks shop.  It was a blast.  Once I get my pictures resized I will post them.  I also took my video camera and had Mark do a small personal video message to all on this site.  THAT I will have to have a friend figure out and post to youtube.  Once I do, I will provide the link.  To all the guys in that area, I apologize for not contacting you bit it was really busy.  Next time I'm up should be a bit more relaxing.

I think most of you have the general idea about the show.  Yes he is a small guy doing this on his own with his own money for very little profit.  So yes of course you see sponsors that help in various ways.  IF you were in his shoes, you ALL would do the same to get the help needed to produce the show.  If you say you wouldn't you're lying to yourself.  One of the first things I asked Mark when I got there last thursday was "what the heck was up with last weeks episode"?  He chuckled and laughed and agreed that is wasn't that great but due to his agreement with Velocity and the fact that the parts he needed didn't get delivered on time he had to provide something.  But it was true, Daren was pissed.  SO instead of bitching, consider yourself a bit privileged on that bit of inside info.

My car looks great and will probably be painted in a week.  I did alot of grunt work ie: grinding welds, using the DA to sand the inside of my lower valance so when It's painted the inside will look smooth like steel. Went thru my pod of stuff to help with the inventory and lots of other stuff.  Also helped him with drywalling a building he needs to make for the whole editing part. 

As far a the owner being upset of those "incorrect" daytona wheels being impacted on and off the cuda,  I'm not.  First, the trims rings are safely tucked away along with the center caps and I realized (correct me if I'm wrong) the the very lip should appear black once the trim rings are on. I believe I'm correct because the rim should be painted black steel?  I think thats it anyway.  Second, here's why I'm not upset ... Mark didn't get them, I did, in fact here's the best part  Coker Tire gave them to me for FREE.  Tires, rims, valve stems, center caps and air.  All mounted and balanced and sent to Mark.  I made the contact, I made the promise to give them a plug so I"M not going to complain.  I couldn't be Happier.

You guys are correct that he does have two guys helping with the bodywork and he said he is going to show them more.  Mark and his guys (derrick and Lucky) were great with me because they had my nose fit perfect to the Z-braces that came with the car but I changed it and ordered a set from Rick Fairless. They re-fit the nose with the new braces and didn't complain once.

Well its getting late and I have to go to friggin work tomorrow.  Talk to you all later

GREAT update!!  :2thumbs:
Look forward to the pictures and video!! Congrats on having the paint on soon.  Must have been great to spend time with those guys, your car, and their shop!  I am Jealous!  :cheers:
northwest CT

Mopar Nut

Well, just got back from a week at Marks shop.  It was a blast.  Once I get my pictures resized I will post them.  I also took my video camera and had Mark do a small personal video message to all on this site.  THAT I will have to have a friend figure out and post to youtube.  Once I do, I will provide the link.  To all the guys in that area, I apologize for not contacting you bit it was really busy.  Next time I'm up should be a bit more relaxing.

I think most of you have the general idea about the show.  Yes he is a small guy doing this on his own with his own money for very little profit.  So yes of course you see sponsors that help in various ways.  IF you were in his shoes, you ALL would do the same to get the help needed to produce the show.  If you say you wouldn't you're lying to yourself.  One of the first things I asked Mark when I got there last thursday was "what the heck was up with last weeks episode"?  He chuckled and laughed and agreed that is wasn't that great but due to his agreement with Velocity and the fact that the parts he needed didn't get delivered on time he had to provide something.  But it was true, Daren was pissed.  SO instead of bitching, consider yourself a bit privileged on that bit of inside info.

My car looks great and will probably be painted in a week.  I did alot of grunt work ie: grinding welds, using the DA to sand the inside of my lower valance so when It's painted the inside will look smooth like steel. Went thru my pod of stuff to help with the inventory and lots of other stuff.  Also helped him with drywalling a building he needs to make for the whole editing part. 

As far a the owner being upset of those "incorrect" daytona wheels being impacted on and off the cuda,  I'm not.  First, the trims rings are safely tucked away along with the center caps and I realized (correct me if I'm wrong) the the very lip should appear black once the trim rings are on. I believe I'm correct because the rim should be painted black steel?  I think thats it anyway.  Second, here's why I'm not upset ... Mark didn't get them, I did, in fact here's the best part  Coker Tire gave them to me for FREE.  Tires, rims, valve stems, center caps and air.  All mounted and balanced and sent to Mark.  I made the contact, I made the promise to give them a plug so I"M not going to complain.  I couldn't be Happier.

You guys are correct that he does have two guys helping with the bodywork and he said he is going to show them more.  Mark and his guys (derrick and Lucky) were great with me because they had my nose fit perfect to the Z-braces that came with the car but I changed it and ordered a set from Rick Fairless. They re-fit the nose with the new braces and didn't complain once.

Well its getting late and I have to go to friggin work tomorrow.  Talk to you all later
Thanks for the update.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

TUFCAT

Well, just got back from a week at Marks shop.  It was a blast.  Once I get my pictures resized I will post them.  I also took my video camera and had Mark do a small personal video message to all on this site.  

Thanks!  I can't wait to hear from Mark.  I'm sure a personal message would be encouraging :2thumbs:  Actually any personal info from Mark could rallye support in the Mopar community. I'd love to hear his vision for season 3!!  :wave:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

duanesterrr

Finally got to watch the episode from last week on Saturday.  Great show all the way around... perfect balance of the "show" aspects mixed with plenty of car time.  Looking forward to the next season after that finale for sure.

Mytur Binsdirti

I haven't watched last week's episode in FF yet, but are you guys saying that there actually was more than 3 minutes of worthwhile content?  :o

If so, does anyone want to guess that this one good show in 2 seasons is a trend of things to come or just a fluke?  :shruggy:

ACUDANUT

JB400

A player known to strike out often does hit the ball every once in a while.

Budnicks

Quote from: moparstuart on April 06, 2013, 01:04:48 PM
GREAT NEWS FROM VELOCITY FOR US WHO LOVE MOPARS , WING CARS AND THE SHOW 

GREAT NEWS!!! With the wild success of GYC season II, Velocity channel has officially licensed Graveyard Carz for Season III or G-3 I call it. We are in full production as we speak. We don't know when it will begin to air but when we know, you will know. Thank you to everyone that has helped me keep our Mopar dreams alive! ~Mark

SUCK IT ALL YOU HATERS   :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:  Please go back to watching chip foose and leave us alone .

your a funny guy Stu....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 06, 2013, 06:58:09 PM
Quote from: projectanimal on April 06, 2013, 04:16:06 PM
GREAT NEWS FROM VELOCITY FOR US WHO LOVE MOPARS , WING CARS AND THE SHOW 

GREAT NEWS!!! With the wild success of GYC season II, Velocity channel has officially licensed Graveyard Carz for Season III or G-3 I call it. We are in full production as we speak. We don't know when it will begin to air but when we know, you will know. Thank you to everyone that has helped me keep our Mopar dreams alive! ~Mark

This is good news!  More Mopars!!!!   :2thumbs: :cheers:

I am hoping that too. Hopefully Mark (the JR Ewing of Mopars) is reading these threads and season three will be a great season.
hopefully he sees the negative criticism as well as the butt kissing...

Budnicks

Quote from: bill440rt on April 07, 2013, 12:37:07 PM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on April 06, 2013, 09:51:34 PM
GREAT
  SUCK IT ALL YOU HATERS   

Stu step away from the keyboard and breath buddy... :RantExplode:

All we are offering is constructive ideas on how to improve the show

Exactly. But Stu's response was funny!  :rofl: :rofl: :lol:
I don't hate the show, either. I find it entertaining. I watch it for the Mopars.
Will I be watching Season 3? Of course.
I hope Mark sees this too as constructive criticism. It has the potential of being a very good show.  :yesnod:
Amen to that...

Budnicks

Thanks I look forward to what he/Mark has to say.... I hope all is going well on your project...

r4daytona

Here's a few pics.  Not the best, but better than nothing.  Thie first is an older one I forgot to post.  It shows that he left the wing washer attached to the trunk gutter, one to keep the original welds and two so no one could say "rebody"  I know that's an ongoing debate and I don't say that to start one, it's just my own personal opinion.  Next two are the front and rear floors as you can all tell.  Last is inside the trunk.  (sorry, best I could do)

r4daytona

OK, my mistake  that last one was me inside the trunk working with one of the off screen guys.  I can't spell his first name so he goes by  "lucky"  great guy, knows his stuff.  You'll probably be seeing a little more of him and the other guy Derrick.  I have a few more pics I get on in a bit, but have to do some work now

moparstuart

Hey look its uncle fester   :icon_smile_big: :nana:

r4daytona

you should see me with a lightbulb in my mouth!!  we're twins,  of course I'm the better looking one

Charger-Bodie

Is it just me or do they have the rear footwell floor pans lapping over the rear seat floor the wrong way? On the Daytona this is.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Budnicks

Quote from: r4daytona on April 09, 2013, 12:46:53 PM
OK, my mistake  that last one was me inside the trunk working with one of the off screen guys.  I can't spell his first name so he goes by  "lucky"  great guy, knows his stuff.  You'll probably be seeing a little more of him and the other guy Derrick.  I have a few more pics I get on in a bit, but have to do some work now
Looks like fun & some progress...

TUFCAT

Well, just got back from a week at Marks shop.  It was a blast.  Once I get my pictures resized I will post them.  I also took my video camera and had Mark do a small personal video message to all on this site.

:whistling:  We're still waiting for the "small personal video message from Mark" to all of us here at Dodgecharger.com.

cdr

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 09, 2013, 06:08:50 PM

:whistling:  We're still waiting for the "small personal video message from Mark" to all of us here at Dodgecharger.com.

DANG you are a TUFF---CAT  :lol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

TUFCAT

moparstuart

here you go   :fu: :fu: :fu:  :nana: :icon_smile_big:

r4daytona

I have to have a guy here where I work convert it so i can download it to youtube.  I will be the first to admit I don't know how to do this tech stuff.  He is suppose to help me with it tomorrow.  As soon as i get it done i will let you all know and provide a link as long as it works.  The only time I can do this is when I'm at work because the other guy has the stuff to do it. 

Homerr

Making your own Youtube account and uploading is pretty cool, I'd encourage you to ask your friend how he is doing it.  Youtube does a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of encoding and all that junk.  I'd like to see more videos of everything Mopar, so give it a try if you can get some pointers!

projectanimal

Quote from: r4daytona on April 09, 2013, 12:46:53 PM

Were the headphones to keep Daren from playing games with you!?!?    :smilielol: :rofl: :smilielol:

Look forward to more progress photos!!  :2thumbs: :popcrn:
northwest CT