News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Northeast Mass/NH able to help track down my engine? Xs29u0g198796

Started by charger_fan_4ever, January 04, 2013, 12:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Hi All.
Its a long shot but any members in the northeast know of a 440 from my 70 charger ?
I was told it spent most of its life in Mass. Was a Cdn car to start with.

Was b5 blue with white longtitude pin stripes,white top, white inside with auto on the floor.

Had been grey primer for years and was rusty. Big cragers on the back.

Was told the motor was yanked out around the boston area years ago. Don't know why if it blew up or what.
Who knows maybe its been junked years ago. Just thought I'd ask.

I'm not a B5 fan, but if i was able to find the original motor i might just put it back factory color.

Cheers from Canuck land.

Looked like this for years looks better in the pic than it did in person lol.

Brad'sCharger (3) by moparguy55, on Flickr

She has come a longggg way from the verge of death. Metal work is all done except 1 fender now looks like this

rick.d

Did you buy the car from Massachusettes? Is there any info for the previous owners name, address? I would start there. I live in Mass, and grew up in N.H., but i don't recognize the car. Maybey a title number from whatever state would help?

charger_fan_4ever

I put an ad in the lost section on moparts and the 70 registry site.

XS29U0G198796

The guy i bought it from didn't know the whereabouts of the motor just that it was supposedly taken out in Mass.

It came from New Ipswich ? i think thats how its spelled in NH.

JB400

Have you done a title search and checked the past owners of the car?  It might be helpful.

bakerhillpins

I have a 70 block in my 69 and the car was in the CT/NY area most if not all of it's life. I can't look now but I can when she comes out of hibernation in the spring. Feel free to send me a PM to remind me when that happens. In fact I suggest you revive this thread in the spring as that's when a good chunk of us north east members will be pulling our cars back out of storage.

The OE engine in my car is probably a fire hydrant now. The car was street raced in NY and was all NOSed up at one point.  :'(

Good luck.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 05, 2013, 03:42:35 PM
I have a 70 block in my 69 and the car was in the CT/NY area most if not all of it's life. I can't look now but I can when she comes out of hibernation in the spring. Feel free to send me a PM to remind me when that happens. In fact I suggest you revive this thread in the spring as that's when a good chunk of us north east members will be pulling our cars back out of storage.

The OE engine in my car is probably a fire hydrant now. The car was street raced in NY and was all NOSed up at one point.  :'(

Good luck.

Will do you never know what may be in there :)