News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dome light not working on 69 Charger?

Started by jayco91, February 13, 2006, 01:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayco91

I have a 69 charger that the dome light does not work :icon_smile_question: I have checked the wiring and the bulb but nothing. The map light comes on when the door is opened so I assume the door jamb switches are ok. Is there an under dash relay or fuse that I am not aware of?

Charger_Fan

The only fuse should be in the fuse box. However, seeing that your map light comes on when you open the door, I'd say the wire leading to the dome light is possibly unplugged. Use a test light to help trace your problem.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

johntpr

Check your dimmer switch on dash as well.... as it controls the dome light too....sometimes switch needs to be cleaned and serviced or wiring connections checked.  Performance Car Graphics can do a rebuild of switch for you.  And make sure that bulb isn't really bad.  I went through similar problem after trying like 3 or 4 bulbs I had lying around....and they were all bad !

jayco91

Never thought about headlight/dash light switch  :-[ :-[

Just 6T9 CHGR

Get yourself a copy of the 69 wiring diagram to help out
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dennis K

Check the connector behind the drivers side kick panel. It will be a 2-wire connector with a pink and yellow wire in it.That's where the dome light connects to the rest of the wiring harness.

Chryco Psycho

I assume you have the correct 2 connector bulb in the dome light not a single connector with ground to tthe housing of the bulb

purple70rt

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 23, 2006, 12:30:07 AM
I assume you have the correct 2 connector bulb in the dome light not a single connector with ground to tthe housing of the bulb

I did that with my truck.....felt like a dumb ass for spending half the day trying to fix it

jayco91

Well I have the right bulb but still working on it. Will post when i figure it out. ???

Nacho-RT74

bulb number 1004.

Check for door jam switch. It could be damaged
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html